Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > SERVICES > Vessel Documentation Portal
Reload this Page >

TRANSFER of USCG Documentation Questions


TRANSFER of USCG Documentation Questions

Old 08-24-2017, 10:47 AM
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 44
Default TRANSFER of USCG Documentation Questions

Use this Transfer of USCG Documentation Webform if you are:
  • Selling/transferring your vessel: When the sale is finalized you may complete a U.S. Coast Guard Bill of Sale (CG-1340). If there is an outstanding mortgage, the mortgagee (lender) should complete a Satisfaction of Mortgage. The vessel cannot be removed or transferred from documentation with an outstanding mortgage or lien.
  • Transferring Documentation into a Trust, Corporation or LLC
  • Adding/removing a spouse to the Certificate of Documentation after a passing or divorce

One of the most frequently asked questions with regard to Transfers or Exchanges of USCG Documentation is if the Documentation has to be current in order to transfer. Not at all! The NVDC processes Transfers/Exchanges regardless of Documentation expiration or current status.

Please do not post personal or Managing Owner information on this thread, use a PM instead.
docportal is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread