Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat > Vendor Talk
Reload this Page >

Freeman Boatworks Customer Service and Support

Notices
Like Tree25Likes
  • 6 Post By Kendall
  • 1 Post By wizness
  • 11 Post By pathfinder2200sarasota
  • 4 Post By coores14
  • 1 Post By land crab
  • 1 Post By ed d
  • 1 Post By pooldoo73

Freeman Boatworks Customer Service and Support

Old 05-17-2019, 06:33 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Posts: 1,611
Default Freeman Boatworks Customer Service and Support

Freeman Boatworks not only build great boats, they back those great boats with great customer service!

I have actually not heard of or experienced any issues with the build of Freeman Boats, but on my last trip I noticed that my Garmin Fantom open array Radar was dead and not operating. I had my local guy troubleshoot it and after checking power connections and trying various things, it was receiving power but was dead. With an upcoming tournament Memorial Day Weekend followed by the Big Rock Marlin Tournament in early June, radar would be very important. After texting the Freeman folks, they were on it ! They contacted Garmin and made it a priority request and filled out a form which noted that I needed everything operational by May 23. Working with the excellent service manager, John Leonard at Sportsman's Choice Marine in Longs, SC, J Bird at Freeman coordinated with Garmin to have a NEW radar shipped to Longs, SC for installation which will be accomplished this Monday.

Without the customer support provided by Freeman Boatworks, I imagine that the wheels would have spun much slower. Perhaps it would have been required to disassemble the radar, ship the unit, wait for a diagnosis, wait for a repair, wait for shipping it back, and then reassemble. Without the attentiveness and timeliness of Sportsman's Choice Marine, the timing would not have worked for my tournament schedule. Both groups have rallied to solve this electronics equipment issue promptly, efficiently, with attentiveness to my tournament schedule on very short notice. Kudos to Garmin for stepping up as well.

In summary, Freeman Boatworks goes above and beyond to intentionally provide excellent customer service and support.
SOS, jetpilot, DenmarkSC and 3 others like this.
Kendall is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 06:42 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lake Wylie, SC
Posts: 470
Default

That's why Billy calls it F A M I L Y. Good luck in the upcoming tournaments.
DenmarkSC is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 06:43 AM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 1,142
Default

Good to know and should be expected with all boats that cost a shit load.
BCPD199 likes this.
wizness is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:24 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 553
Default

Not another one...
Trayder, Riptide, coores14 and 8 others like this.
pathfinder2200sarasota is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:39 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Key West
Posts: 11,809
Default

Originally Posted by pathfinder2200sarasota View Post
Not another one...
i mean, it's almost like there's an incentive for him to post these or something...
coores14 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:45 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 886
Default

Originally Posted by coores14 View Post
i mean, it's almost like there's an incentive for him to post these or something...
Yah think, I saw who posted and knew it was an advertisement.
davidwademarine likes this.
land crab is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:47 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SoTex
Posts: 689
Default

RJTaylor is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:53 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,892
Default

Originally Posted by Kendall View Post
Freeman Boatworks not only build great boats, they back those great boats with great customer service!

I have actually not heard of or experienced any issues with the build of Freeman Boats, but on my last trip I noticed that my Garmin Fantom open array Radar was dead and not operating. I had my local guy troubleshoot it and after checking power connections and trying various things, it was receiving power but was dead. With an upcoming tournament Memorial Day Weekend followed by the Big Rock Marlin Tournament in early June, radar would be very important. After texting the Freeman folks, they were on it ! They contacted Garmin and made it a priority request and filled out a form which noted that I needed everything operational by May 23. Working with the excellent service manager, John Leonard at Sportsman's Choice Marine in Longs, SC, J Bird at Freeman coordinated with Garmin to have a NEW radar shipped to Longs, SC for installation which will be accomplished this Monday.

Without the customer support provided by Freeman Boatworks, I imagine that the wheels would have spun much slower. Perhaps it would have been required to disassemble the radar, ship the unit, wait for a diagnosis, wait for a repair, wait for shipping it back, and then reassemble. Without the attentiveness and timeliness of Sportsman's Choice Marine, the timing would not have worked for my tournament schedule. Both groups have rallied to solve this electronics equipment issue promptly, efficiently, with attentiveness to my tournament schedule on very short notice. Kudos to Garmin for stepping up as well.

In summary, Freeman Boatworks goes above and beyond to intentionally provide excellent customer service and support.
Sounds like you received what should be standard customer support that a lot of other builders don't like to offer. PS. I have had Garmin, Raymarine, and others send me replacements in advance of receiving a defective item back in the past. Never hurts to ask/try. YMMV

Last edited by mystery; 05-17-2019 at 08:03 AM.
mystery is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:56 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hilton Head Island, SC,
Posts: 1,741
Default

Originally Posted by Kendall View Post
Freeman Boatworks not only build great boats, they back those great boats with great customer service!

I have actually not heard of or experienced any issues with the build of Freeman Boats, but on my last trip I noticed that my Garmin Fantom open array Radar was dead and not operating. I had my local guy troubleshoot it and after checking power connections and trying various things, it was receiving power but was dead. With an upcoming tournament Memorial Day Weekend followed by the Big Rock Marlin Tournament in early June, radar would be very important. After texting the Freeman folks, they were on it ! They contacted Garmin and made it a priority request and filled out a form which noted that I needed everything operational by May 23. Working with the excellent service manager, John Leonard at Sportsman's Choice Marine in Longs, SC, J Bird at Freeman coordinated with Garmin to have a NEW radar shipped to Longs, SC for installation which will be accomplished this Monday.

Without the customer support provided by Freeman Boatworks, I imagine that the wheels would have spun much slower. Perhaps it would have been required to disassemble the radar, ship the unit, wait for a diagnosis, wait for a repair, wait for shipping it back, and then reassemble. Without the attentiveness and timeliness of Sportsman's Choice Marine, the timing would not have worked for my tournament schedule. Both groups have rallied to solve this electronics equipment issue promptly, efficiently, with attentiveness to my tournament schedule on very short notice. Kudos to Garmin for stepping up as well.

In summary, Freeman Boatworks goes above and beyond to intentionally provide excellent customer service and support.
Did they fix the generator?
Riptide is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 07:58 AM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,378
Default

Took 4 posts hahaha Leave Kendall alone bullies
ed d is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 08:02 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 647
Default

I guess happy customers are just no fun. Come up with something to bitch about or stop posting.
Perf40 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 08:04 AM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,378
Default

He had to know how this would go

Happy for ya Kendall , Good Luck in the Tournaments
Perf40 likes this.
ed d is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:18 AM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,224
Default

You really should post fishy pics of your boat when you post "happy customer" comments. I would enjoy it more.
Perf40 likes this.
pooldoo73 is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 06:21 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,378
Default

i have had the same immediate customer service by cell phone....above and beyond. Let's just say Freeman doesnt like unhappy customers. Not all builders do this.
Rod27 is offline  
Old 05-18-2019, 07:57 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Eh?
Posts: 1,463
Default

Originally Posted by Rod27 View Post
i have had the same immediate customer service by cell phone....above and beyond. Let's just say Freeman doesnt like unhappy customers. Not all builders do this.
All the good ones do.
Then again, there is that ONE time.

Blazer7420 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread