Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > PRODUCTS > TackleDirect
Reload this Page >

Tackle Direct - Low Prices, Low Service

Notices
Like Tree9Likes

Tackle Direct - Low Prices, Low Service

Reply

Old 11-28-2017, 01:51 AM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,160
Default

code please...
back at it is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:55 PM
  #22  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stapleton, AL
Posts: 1,744
Default

OP got wrecked



Tackle Direct Rules!
mdees88 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:01 AM
  #23  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lumberton/Southport
Posts: 1,047
Default

Good job @ Tackle Direct! I have never been let down and always happy with the service they provide.
sistm6 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:54 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 235
Default

TD is the best, period.
JoeB51 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:16 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 456
Default

I've shopped there retail store and have ordered from there web site several times. I've had nothing but top notch service from them!
hammer79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:58 PM
  #26  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: E. Falmouth
Posts: 3,545
Default

Rumba joined this site years ago and the is his second post ever. I consider this thread to be a form of commercial extortion. I already knew TD was a great supplier. Now I know something about Rumba.
Legal Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:17 PM
  #27  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 137
Default

Never had a problem until today. Yesterday ordered my dad a Tekota 600 that said was in stock along with a jigging rod as a Christmas present. Received an email shortly later stating my order had shipped. This afternoon received another email that said sorry but they are out of the Tekota but no problem we will have you one in 7 to 10 days. Finally came up with a present for the guy who has everything but a new combo to use during our holiday vacation.
tnhntr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:39 AM
  #28  
Senior MemberVendorCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Beesley's Point, NJ
Posts: 1,479
Default

Originally Posted by tnhntr View Post
Never had a problem until today. Yesterday ordered my dad a Tekota 600 that said was in stock along with a jigging rod as a Christmas present. Received an email shortly later stating my order had shipped. This afternoon received another email that said sorry but they are out of the Tekota but no problem we will have you one in 7 to 10 days. Finally came up with a present for the guy who has everything but a new combo to use during our holiday vacation.

Sorry for the scare, the reel is shipping separately today, You'll have it in time.

Thanks!
John @ TackleDirect is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:30 AM
  #29  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 137
Default

Well according to tracking information I should have the reel by the end of the day tomorrow. Thank you very much and I am glad this turned out, always have used you when I needed something.
tnhntr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:59 AM
  #30  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 46
Default

I've shopped both online and in-store. The only time I have a problem is when I order some kind of apparel. Actually to narrow it down further it was Stormr products both times. I understand it's usually in high demand but the "online inventory" always says it's "in stock" when I order. The first time I received the order confirmation and then a shipping notice for other items and that the Stormr stuff was backordered. If I remember correctly, It was held up again because 1 of the colors didn't come in with the other 2. After finding that out, I had them cancel the 3rd shirt. Last was this past black Friday with the TD Logo Stormr Stryker jacket. The regular version wasn't showing in stock and no one east of the Rockies had it in stock in my size. Placed the order, got the confirmation, then received an email with a "track package" link. The next day, I get an email saying it was not "In Stock". Order was canceled. Another day or 2 later, the online inventory showed the regular version in stock so I took the chance and ordered again. This time it was accurate and I received the jacket a couple days later. So, is the online inventory always 100%? No, it is not. Do I care? Not as long as I get my refund when it happens. Though maybe you shouldn't send a tracking link until it's picked and packaged for shipping.
Takes Prizoners is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 01:31 PM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 2,268
Default

TD has met or exceeded my expectations with every transaction.
unleashed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:53 AM
  #32  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: FL
Posts: 791
Default

This is completely untrue, I live about 20 minutes away and I always go into the store, whenever I am inside I always see guys with huge carts filling orders. last time I went in (two weeks ago) one guy had a cart with about 30 orders and he was going around the whole store picking items off the shelf and putting it into the baskets, No drop shipping at all. Also their employees are great and very helpful and relaxing to talk to.

Best service ever for any place I been to
tommy099431 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:51 AM
  #33  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Seacoast NH
Posts: 123
Default

TD is always my first choice. Customer service is best in class.
SyV
soleyvento is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:30 PM
  #34  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Default HE's NOT WRONG

No, absolutely not, OP is not wrong.

I live 2 miles away from their retail store and fish heavily in the area, and fish with many other people who rely on TD as myself. TD's retail service IN STORE sucks terribly, and it used to be great. TD only seems to care about the online business, which to many of you here reading this rely on. Their website is great. However, if your like me, who likes to go there to the brick and mortar to browse their awesome inventory (and it is awesome) and possibly buy something that i am educated on, then yes TD is awesome.

BUT if you have a question or need something that might be in the "back" or even need a reel spooled, then its possible that you're going to run into bad service. The employees are nothing more than internet stock boys right now, filling internet orders. I stood at the counter a few months back for nearly 5 minutes waiting for someone's attention to help me with a rod that was not on the rack but was in stock. 5 salesman or "stockboys" were circulating in the spooling area until someone was unlucky enough to emerge and realized that someone needed help. I got an attitude of like, "oh yeah huh? you need what now?" and then brought me the wrong rod i asked for. I was polite and explained to him the model number rod i was looking for. He came back with the same attitude, but the correct rod. You have to hassle the staff because they are wandering the store filling internet orders and act too busy to help. A few years ago they were ON POINT. Not so much nowadays. Don't get me wrong there are still one or 2 guys that know what they are talking about in the store, but they are hard to find.

I registered here on THT just to write this post BC i am a local who really appreciates having TD in arms reach, but the service in store has declined dramatically. I hope that this is read by those in charge because this is a real concern by not only by me, but many others who frequent this store who live locally. Understand that who i speak for fish several times a week during the seasons. We are not weekend warriors.
markho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:16 PM
  #35  
Senior MemberVendorCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Beesley's Point, NJ
Posts: 1,479
Default

Originally Posted by markho View Post
No, absolutely not, OP is not wrong.

I live 2 miles away from their retail store and fish heavily in the area, and fish with many other people who rely on TD as myself. TD's retail service IN STORE sucks terribly, and it used to be great. TD only seems to care about the online business, which to many of you here reading this rely on. Their website is great. However, if your like me, who likes to go there to the brick and mortar to browse their awesome inventory (and it is awesome) and possibly buy something that i am educated on, then yes TD is awesome.

BUT if you have a question or need something that might be in the "back" or even need a reel spooled, then its possible that you're going to run into bad service. The employees are nothing more than internet stock boys right now, filling internet orders. I stood at the counter a few months back for nearly 5 minutes waiting for someone's attention to help me with a rod that was not on the rack but was in stock. 5 salesman or "stockboys" were circulating in the spooling area until someone was unlucky enough to emerge and realized that someone needed help. I got an attitude of like, "oh yeah huh? you need what now?" and then brought me the wrong rod i asked for. I was polite and explained to him the model number rod i was looking for. He came back with the same attitude, but the correct rod. You have to hassle the staff because they are wandering the store filling internet orders and act too busy to help. A few years ago they were ON POINT. Not so much nowadays. Don't get me wrong there are still one or 2 guys that know what they are talking about in the store, but they are hard to find.

I registered here on THT just to write this post BC i am a local who really appreciates having TD in arms reach, but the service in store has declined dramatically. I hope that this is read by those in charge because this is a real concern by not only by me, but many others who frequent this store who live locally. Understand that who i speak for fish several times a week during the seasons. We are not weekend warriors.

Please come in and ask for me. I can’t wait to help you.
mdees88 likes this.
John @ TackleDirect is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:59 PM
  #36  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 456
Default

I don't know of any other place locally where you can get a reel spooled up with mono then wire then a mono top shot and not only have it built out near perfect but also able to trust the connections. As well as the best selection of tackle that I actually want and top notch customer service all at a fair price.

Your not getting all of this at BPS. Some of the other local shops may have some of these quality's but not all.
hammer79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:32 PM
  #37  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Default

Originally Posted by John @ TackleDirect View Post
Please come in and ask for me. I can’t wait to help you.
Is that a veiled threat?

John, I am a customer of yours. I like the store a lot, but the in store customer care has slacked off the past few years.
markho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:51 AM
  #38  
Senior MemberVendorCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Beesley's Point, NJ
Posts: 1,479
Default

No threat. I want to put a face to the name 5 months later. Give you the true lay of the land and our staff. Most importantly want to make that experience up to you.

Next time you’re in ask for me.
JV
mdees88 likes this.
John @ TackleDirect is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:42 PM
  #39  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 111
Default

Originally Posted by mdees88 View Post
OP got wrecked



Tackle Direct Rules!
he deserved it - internet whiner. TD does rule! Best service and prices.
mdees88 likes this.
ports2016 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:25 PM
  #40  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,695
Default

OP's second post..........!
TD has been great for great inventory, low prices, timely delivery, and helpful online staff.

​​​​​​​thanks
54bullwinkle is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: