Notices
Like Tree13Likes

2019 NHL Playoffs

Old 04-16-2019, 07:59 PM
  #21  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sunny Gulf Coast, FL
Posts: 373
Default

Bolts, setting records even in a losing post-season. Helluva year, Chokers!

"The Lightning became the first team in the expansion era, which began in 1967-68, to go winless in the first round of the playoffs after leading the league in points during the regular season.”
back at it likes this.
MorriesSon is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 04:56 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NH & LTK
Posts: 358
Default

Bolts = the curse of the President's trophy!!!!!!!!! Still a stunning outcome though. They clearly thought all they had to do was show up.

Bruins- First line needs to step up their game tonight. Especially Brad and Pasta!
LongJohnSilver is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 07:28 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Destin/Tampa,FL
Posts: 1,361
Default

Yeah... no one talk to me about the Bolts.... disgraceful. Literally thousands were spent on marketing and all the businesses around the bay are had Lightning support to fall on our face in the first round, twice at home, for the first time all season.

We got hit right in the dang mouth. Leadership is non existent. Proud of our younger team members for giving it all they could. And Coburn.
MorriesSon likes this.
bayfisher92 is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 10:48 AM
  #24  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location:
Posts: 769
Default

Originally Posted by bayfisher92 View Post
Yeah... no one talk to me about the Bolts.... disgraceful. Literally thousands were spent on marketing and all the businesses around the bay are had Lightning support to fall on our face in the first round, twice at home, for the first time all season.

We got hit right in the dang mouth. Leadership is non existent. Proud of our younger team members for giving it all they could. And Coburn.
Very disappointing. Could you imagine being a restaurant/bar around Amalie arena? You're thinking this is going to be a record sales year! Booze vendors pushing their product hard saying stock up! There be shortages if you wait to long to order! I'm pissed but can't imagine how the businesses that feed off of the Lightning success feel. Hell it was all but guaranteed they were going to get the cup.
sand key is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 11:27 AM
  #25  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 15,041
Default

It was like Columbus got ahold of one of those flashy things from Men in Black. Made them forget how they got there.

Unbelievable.
RickC137 likes this.
Marlin009 is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 11:30 AM
  #26  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Destin/Tampa,FL
Posts: 1,361
Default

Originally Posted by sand key View Post
Very disappointing. Could you imagine being a restaurant/bar around Amalie arena? You're thinking this is going to be a record sales year! Booze vendors pushing their product hard saying stock up! There be shortages if you wait to long to order! I'm pissed but can't imagine how the businesses that feed off of the Lightning success feel. Hell it was all but guaranteed they were going to get the cup.
I am a member of the chamber of commerce. You have no idea. They were expecting to milk this for 8-12 weeks at least. They are all still in shock, but luckily are moving on to the Rays distraction.
bayfisher92 is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 11:42 AM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 383
Default

Originally Posted by Marlin009 View Post
It was like Columbus got ahold of one of those flashy things from Men in Black. Made them forget how they got there.

Unbelievable.
Plus they throw in some kid from... France? Tortorella is looking very "Belichick-ian".

Hoping the Bruins pull it together.

And as a native Long Islander who witnessed the Dynasty years, glad they pummeled the Penguins. Barry Trotz is looking like an evil genius.

Last edited by RickC137; 04-17-2019 at 12:52 PM.
RickC137 is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 12:13 PM
  #28  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Weddington, NC
Posts: 2,614
Default

Barry Trotz told the Caps they had the talent to repeat as Cup champs but they would "have to go through the fu**ing Island"... No one took him seriously, but what a difference a real coach and GM can make to an organization. Pre-season predictions ranked NHL teams from "Best to NY Islanders"

Everyone got the Isles wrong this year, myself included. I went to their opener in Raleigh vs. the Canes and told my sons they would be lucky to win 20 games all year long.

Congrats to CBJ though.. Down 3-0 in game 1 and they they dominate the rest of the way. No one saw that coming either and as much as I dislike Tortorella, he has done an amazing job there.
Squid Row is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 12:57 PM
  #29  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: L.I, NY
Posts: 6,928
Default

Originally Posted by Squid Row View Post
Barry Trotz told the Caps they had the talent to repeat as Cup champs but they would "have to go through the fu**ing Island"... No one took him seriously, but what a difference a real coach and GM can make to an organization. Pre-season predictions ranked NHL teams from "Best to NY Islanders"

Everyone got the Isles wrong this year, myself included. I went to their opener in Raleigh vs. the Canes and told my sons they would be lucky to win 20 games all year long.

Congrats to CBJ though.. Down 3-0 in game 1 and they they dominate the rest of the way. No one saw that coming either and as much as I dislike Tortorella, he has done an amazing job there.


Some real surprises Isles and Bolts Wow and YIKES !!

Coaching apparently makes a big difference, if the players are willing to be coached. Tortorella and Trots have done an amazing job, but TROTS after losing their best player, never skipped a beat !
PJJR is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 06:44 PM
  #30  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NH & LTK
Posts: 358
Default

I thought the Bruins were in trouble there tonight but they survived.
I don't like what they're doing. Very light on the forecheck and allowing leafs easy access to neutral zone.
Leafs are a good passing team and getting easy entrace and way too much time in O zone.
I suspect Cassidy is stacking the blue line to take away Leafs signature long entry passes for breakaways and odd man rushes but mama mia.......
I really thought the Leafs carried the play tonight and fortunately for B's Andersen was weaker than Rask.
RickC137 likes this.
LongJohnSilver is offline  
Old 04-18-2019, 05:16 AM
  #31  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 383
Default

Agree with all that. Zero pressure by the B's in the neutral zone or at the blue line. Just like, c'mon in, and we'll back check, work the boards, and let Rask have a go at it.
​​​​​​
I was thinking at the end of the third "now might be a good time for the neutral zone trap". Don't care if it's boring... Just hold the damn lead for 5 minutes please.
RickC137 is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 06:51 PM
  #32  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,201
Default

Ovechkin...1st class asshole..go Canes!
hanson and Marlin009 like this.
superfishal is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 07:08 PM
  #33  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 73
Default

Letís Go IS-LAN-DERS!
jalcar is offline  
Old 04-23-2019, 08:47 AM
  #34  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC / Indian Creek, VA
Posts: 2,891
Default

Originally Posted by superfishal View Post
Ovechkin...1st class asshole..go Canes!
Not a fan. I was indifferent on the fight but now I hear Ovi asked to fight... come on man

Last night he gets a good no-goal call and gets all salty like he didn't do anything wrong.
dell30rb is offline  
Old 04-23-2019, 05:29 PM
  #35  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,201
Default

Originally Posted by dell30rb View Post
Not a fan. I was indifferent on the fight but now I hear Ovi asked to fight... come on man

Last night he gets a good no-goal call and gets all salty like he didn't do anything wrong.
The cheap shots he was giving at the end of the game, I hope he gets a good ass kicking tomorrow night.
superfishal is offline  
Old 04-23-2019, 07:10 PM
  #36  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Holden Beach, North Carolina
Posts: 1,845
Default



Game time boys!! Great win Boston, dominated the 3rd. Carolina tomorrow night but Iv been a fan since we purchased our season tickets in 1996 and it doesnít matter what coast Iím on, I bleed teal and Joe isnít getting any younger and needs a cup!!
Wickedfisha is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 05:31 AM
  #37  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 383
Default

Ugh. Hate the Sharks. Actually, hate all those Cali' teams. Always pull for the Canadian teams in the west, and probably the Seattle Fog, Rain, Hipsters or whatever their name is going to be.
RickC137 is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 11:15 AM
  #38  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Greenville/MHC, NC
Posts: 2,609
Default

First of all I am not a hockey fan. Only following now because Carolina is in the playoffs.

Is there this much parity in the NHL?

Washington 48 26 8 = #1 seed.
Carolina 46 29 7 = wild card team.

Oh and what does ( OTL ) stand for?
aFORDable is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 11:22 AM
  #39  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mathews County, VA
Posts: 444
Default

OTL stands for Over-Time Loss. The team gets a point if you are tied at the end of 3 periods and lose in either the 5-minute 3-on-3 overtime period or a shootout, whereas the winner gets two points.
RivaHaven is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 11:35 AM
  #40  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Greenville/MHC, NC
Posts: 2,609
Default

Originally Posted by RivaHaven View Post
OTL stands for Over-Time Loss. The team gets a point if you are tied at the end of 3 periods and lose in either the 5-minute 3-on-3 overtime period or a shootout, whereas the winner gets two points.
Thanks
aFORDable is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread