Notices
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By SeaNile Boater
  • 1 Post By alligatorgar
  • 1 Post By HatchieLuvr
  • 2 Post By DFreedom
  • 1 Post By tprice
  • 1 Post By tprice
  • 2 Post By lumberman
  • 1 Post By back at it

Nike... thanks for NOTHING !

Old 02-21-2019, 06:58 AM
  #1  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fuquay Varnia, NC Beaufort NC
Posts: 1,905
Default Nike... thanks for NOTHING !

Unbelievable how dramatically Nike shoes prove to be trash ... 36 seconds.
In front of millions of fans, UNC won because of an inferior shoe. Sad.

lumberman likes this.
SeaNile Boater is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 07:01 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,780
Default

All the cool kids wear new balance.
lumberman likes this.
alligatorgar is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 07:16 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: west tn
Posts: 653
Default

I've been watching Zion for a couple of years now. My youngest son is a highschool sr. this year and star of his schools basketball team (6-5 225) and for the last two years I watched Zion play at various AAU tournaments around the country that my son was also playing in. The kid is a FREAK! 6-7 285, built like Bo Jackson, fast as Usain Bolt, can jump like a gazelle and is as quick as the shot from a .357! Most kids aren't all they are hyped up to be, but believe me Zion IS ALL THAT AND MORE!!!

A couple weeks back he hurt some ribs... ON THE BACKBOARD! Dude is from another planet. I've never seen a kid as much of a danger on BOTH SIDES of the ball and from ANYWHERE on court.

I'm not the least bit surprised the Chinese glue didn't hold on those shoes, that's a MAN+++ they are holding back there. Only surprise is it took this long for them to give way!
lumberman likes this.
HatchieLuvr is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 07:43 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Too far from salt.
Posts: 10,018
Default

The Krapernick Curse?
PJJR and lumberman like this.
DFreedom is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 09:54 AM
  #5  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 18,495
Default

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr View Post
I've been watching Zion for a couple of years now. My youngest son is a highschool sr. this year and star of his schools basketball team (6-5 225) and for the last two years I watched Zion play at various AAU tournaments around the country that my son was also playing in. The kid is a FREAK! 6-7 285, built like Bo Jackson, fast as Usain Bolt, can jump like a gazelle and is as quick as the shot from a .357! Most kids aren't all they are hyped up to be, but believe me Zion IS ALL THAT AND MORE!!!

A couple weeks back he hurt some ribs... ON THE BACKBOARD! Dude is from another planet. I've never seen a kid as much of a danger on BOTH SIDES of the ball and from ANYWHERE on court.

I'm not the least bit surprised the Chinese glue didn't hold on those shoes, that's a MAN+++ they are holding back there. Only surprise is it took this long for them to give way!

Question for you, IF this is your kid is he now DONE with college basketball. I figure this kids will make hundreds of millions in NBA. Is it worth a risk now
lumberman likes this.
tprice is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 10:00 AM
  #6  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 18,495
Default

Originally Posted by SeaNile Boater View Post
Unbelievable how dramatically Nike shoes prove to be trash ... 36 seconds.
In front of millions of fans, UNC won because of an inferior shoe. Sad.

Amzaing how average Duke looked without him out there to be honest.
lumberman likes this.
tprice is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 12:03 PM
  #7  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whiteville NC / Little River SC
Posts: 4,345
Default

I'm a UNC fan so I was glad for the W but hate to see a kid get hurt. The way that happened was as unexpected as I had ever seen. Just nuts! I hope he will recover soon. Off subject but it was classless of K to blow by Roy when he was trying to speak with him when they shook hands..
But if he were my son, he would be done with Duke and headed to the NBA next year. The guy is a BEAST for sure. Never seen anyone like him before..
tprice and cummins28 like this.
lumberman is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 01:09 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Lusby, MD
Posts: 1,018
Default

I was surprised how long it took the announcers to figure out what happened. It was obvious to me when it happened.
Barefoot is offline  
Old 02-22-2019, 06:19 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,457
Default

Originally Posted by lumberman View Post
I'm a UNC fan so I was glad for the W but hate to see a kid get hurt. The way that happened was as unexpected as I had ever seen. Just nuts! I hope he will recover soon. Off subject but it was classless of K to blow by Roy when he was trying to speak with him when they shook hands..
But if he were my son, he would be done with Duke and headed to the NBA next year. The guy is a BEAST for sure. Never seen anyone like him before..
Rat-Face has always been a snob. I hope the Heels fans charge the floor if they win in chapel hill, that REALLY pisses him off.
cummins28 likes this.
back at it is offline  
Old 02-22-2019, 06:39 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 11,950
Default

I have a pair of Nikes. older model, high tops at an odd size that I got at a discount. Lite weight and fantastic for the kind of workouts I do (stair master, real stairs and stuff like that).

I'm too old to play competitive basketball anymore, but if I did I would never wear those Nikes I have, they are just not sturdy enough for competitive basketball. I'm not surprised that one of Nike's new sneakers blew out for a very large and competitive hoops guy like Zion. Very sad.

But of course Zion like most smart players is looking for a big payday from Nike upon finishing his one and done college career. The biggest stars likely make as much money, if not more from Nike than they do for the few short years of getting $30 million per year in salary from the NBA.
SeaJay is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 03:50 PM
  #11  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 3
Default

36 seconds?
shokoman is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 07:30 AM
  #12  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Fly over country.
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr View Post
I've been watching Zion for a couple of years now. My youngest son is a highschool sr. this year and star of his schools basketball team (6-5 225) and for the last two years I watched Zion play at various AAU tournaments around the country that my son was also playing in. The kid is a FREAK! 6-7 285, built like Bo Jackson, fast as Usain Bolt, can jump like a gazelle and is as quick as the shot from a .357! Most kids aren't all they are hyped up to be, but believe me Zion IS ALL THAT AND MORE!!!

A couple weeks back he hurt some ribs... ON THE BACKBOARD! Dude is from another planet. I've never seen a kid as much of a danger on BOTH SIDES of the ball and from ANYWHERE on court.

I'm not the least bit surprised the Chinese glue didn't hold on those shoes, that's a MAN+++ they are holding back there. Only surprise is it took this long for them to give way!
If he can stay away from trouble/injury his future is bright. Amazing how many "friends" "relatives" come out of the woodworks when these players get wealthy. Good choices,good agents/financial advisors are key here! Hope for a good future, hard not to be pessimistic.
catmandoo1 is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 05:56 PM
  #13  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 18,495
Default

Originally Posted by catmandoo1 View Post
If he can stay away from trouble/injury his future is bright. Amazing how many "friends" "relatives" come out of the woodworks when these players get wealthy. Good choices,good agents/financial advisors are key here! Hope for a good future, hard not to be pessimistic.

I understand what you are saying about “family/friends “ BUT these are not the ones that really screw them over it is normally the “financial advisors” talking faster than these kids can understand and know they are gullible

Watched a show about lot of these players (NBA for most part) and as odd as it sounds they have close knit group they can really trust . Sounds strange but made a lot of sense when I watched them talk about how so many were taken by these “professional types” that are “looking after them”
tprice is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread