Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BONUS FORUMS > The Sports Forum
Reload this Page >

Bruin's lookin real good.................

Notices

Bruin's lookin real good.................

Old 02-16-2019, 09:03 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
rcdelude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: nh
Posts: 678
Likes: 0
Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Bruin's lookin real good.................

Third straight championship for Boston?
Old 02-16-2019, 09:05 PM
  #2  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hope so
Old 02-17-2019, 03:19 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wildcat Knoll
Posts: 9,208
Received 797 Likes on 538 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rcdelude View Post
Third straight championship for Boston?
Long way to go Capt.They still only have one solid line,rest is patchwork.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:11 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,117
Likes: 0
Received 1,733 Likes on 851 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by rcdelude View Post
Third straight championship for Boston?
no chance.

No depth
no goaltending
Old 02-18-2019, 06:32 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: West Falmouth, MA
Posts: 4,226
Received 422 Likes on 263 Posts
Default

With Pasta out scoring seems to be spreading around. Funny when Bergie was out the same thing happened. But when everyone is back it seems like the whole team plays defense and waits for the first line to score. That is not the recipe for a long playoff run. They are very entertaining to watch but unless they give up on some of the young talent to get a slightly old in the tooth ex-super star, they won't go too deep. But then again they tried that last year and it didn't work out. The best scenario is to get the youngsters to step up.... here is hoping.

Mike
Old 02-18-2019, 07:11 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,117
Likes: 0
Received 1,733 Likes on 851 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Parapapam View Post
With Pasta out scoring seems to be spreading around. Funny when Bergie was out the same thing happened. But when everyone is back it seems like the whole team plays defense and waits for the first line to score. That is not the recipe for a long playoff run. They are very entertaining to watch but unless they give up on some of the young talent to get a slightly old in the tooth ex-super star, they won't go too deep. But then again they tried that last year and it didn't work out. The best scenario is to get the youngsters to step up.... here is hoping.

Mike
until they get a legit goalie they will never go anywhere. I hate to see them give up youth for a third line player when the problem is goaltending.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:46 AM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: West Falmouth, MA
Posts: 4,226
Received 422 Likes on 263 Posts
Default

We had this debate last year. They have above average (top third) goaltending. And every stat in the book backs me up. Do they have Elite goaltending? No you are right they do not have an Elite goalie. But 26 to 30 teams don't have Elite goaltending either. Now if your argument is that you can't win the Cup without elite goaltending then we can have a rational conversation (I may even agree with that). But if you are saying "The Bruins Goalies Suck!!!," well any objective measuement and a lot of players / coaches / reporter / rational people disagree with you.

From todays Globe "
“He’s one of the most elite goalies in the league,” teammate Brad Marchand said. “He gives us an opportunity every night. You saw the saves he made to keep us in it.” OK I will give you that Marchand maybe rooting a bit too hard for a team mate.... Or maybe you think he doesn't know what he's talking about?

"Rask is on a heater. He is 11-0-2 since Dec. 29, with a 1.93 GAA and .933 save percenta ge in that stretch.....ok that is only the last 13 games. He did have a really rough patch earlier in the year leading to a leave of absence from the team but Halak played pretty well during that stretch." Tim Thomas wasn't a career long Elite goalie. He got hot for a year then imploded....

Current Stat Rank:
GAA. Rask 8, Halak 6
Save Percentage: Rask 10 Halak 7

Haters gonna hate.

I do not disagree with you about giving up young talent for a washed up third liner.... The only way I would consider it if they get a legit 30 goal scorer to put with Krechi and DeBrusk. Last year they tried and failed to do that with Rick Nash

Mike

Last edited by Parapapam; 02-18-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:28 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,117
Likes: 0
Received 1,733 Likes on 851 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Parapapam View Post
We had this debate last year. They have above average (top third) goaltending. And every stat in the book backs me up. Do they have Elite goaltending? No you are right they do not have an Elite goalie. But 26 to 30 teams don't have Elite goaltending either. Now if your argument is that you can't win the Cup without elite goaltending then we can have a rational conversation (I may even agree with that). But if you are saying "The Bruins Goalies Suck!!!," well any objective measuement and a lot of players / coaches / reporter / rational people disagree with you.

From todays Globe "
“He’s one of the most elite goalies in the league,” teammate Brad Marchand said. “He gives us an opportunity every night. You saw the saves he made to keep us in it.” OK I will give you that Marchand maybe rooting a bit too hard for a team mate.... Or maybe you think he doesn't know what he's talking about?

"Rask is on a heater. He is 11-0-2 since Dec. 29, with a 1.93 GAA and .933 save percenta ge in that stretch.....ok that is only the last 13 games. He did have a really rough patch earlier in the year leading to a leave of absence from the team but Halak played pretty well during that stretch." Tim Thomas wasn't a career long Elite goalie. He got hot for a year then imploded....

Current Stat Rank:
GAA. Rask 8, Halak 6
Save Percentage: Rask 10 Halak 7

Haters gonna hate.

I do not disagree with you about giving up young talent for a washed up third liner.... The only way I would consider it if they get a legit 30 goal scorer to put with Krechi and DeBrusk. Last year they tried and failed to do that with Rick Nash

Mike
Wow so rask is on a roll. Have you forgotten about his start to the season? Rask is a top paid goalie in the league, elite is the expectation. He is in reality average to below average. I do not need stats, I have the eyeball test and his history of, literally failing to show up for big games.

Bruins will never, ever win with rask. I blame management as they have never once brought in a legit goalie to compete for the starting job (halak has been the closest). Rask has been anointed the starter for 8 years and is on cruise control with no effort. Rask has led the bruins exactly nowhere and the one year they went to the cup with him, he crapped his pants and let Chicago win.

Goaltending is the bruins top concern. Until it is resolved, mediocrity will be the norm.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:11 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: West Falmouth, MA
Posts: 4,226
Received 422 Likes on 263 Posts
Default

What can I say.... . Anton Khuhdobin is currently 9th in Save Percentage and 10th in GAA. But you have eyes....

They finished 4th in the league last year and lost in the second round of the playoff (admittedly slightly disappointing) they are currently 6th in the league right now. Is mediocrity when the Partiots lose in the Super Bowl or only when they don't make it to the Super Bowl and lose the AFC Championship Game?

Webester Definition of Mediocre: of moderate or low quality, value, ability or performance. Slow day at work so it is fun to banter with you. But eventually I will get too busy to banter like this and let you hate on....

Mike

Last edited by Parapapam; 02-18-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:09 PM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 630
Likes: 0
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Tampa Bay will be tough to beat.........they have 4 good lines, and some of the elite players in the game, and great goaltending...
Likes:
Old 02-18-2019, 02:36 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wildcat Knoll
Posts: 9,208
Received 797 Likes on 538 Posts
Default

The only team I'd bet on is the Caps...........
Old 02-18-2019, 03:04 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: West Falmouth, MA
Posts: 4,226
Received 422 Likes on 263 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sea Snake View Post
Tampa Bay will be tough to beat.........they have 4 good lines, and some of the elite players in the game, and great goaltending...
I agree. That is where the B's always blow up. The B's have three or five of the elite players in the game. A first line that may be the best in the league. A second line with hope, could evolve or trade to be elite but they are playing average at best. A third line that is young and I have hope but to date they are ineffective. A forth line that are effective muckers and role players. Good but not great D and above average but not elite goaltending...

Unless they develop a strong second line there is no way they get past the Bolts. But they are a fun, young and exciting team non-the-less.

Mike
Old 02-18-2019, 03:56 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,117
Likes: 0
Received 1,733 Likes on 851 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Parapapam View Post
What can I say.... . Anton Khuhdobin is currently 9th in Save Percentage and 10th in GAA. But you have eyes....

They finished 4th in the league last year and lost in the second round of the playoff (admittedly slightly disappointing) they are currently 6th in the league right now. Is mediocrity when the Partiots lose in the Super Bowl or only when they don't make it to the Super Bowl and lose the AFC Championship Game?

Webester Definition of Mediocre: of moderate or low quality, value, ability or performance. Slow day at work so it is fun to banter with you. But eventually I will get too busy to banter like this and let you hate on....

Mike
Rask = 4th highest paid goalie
khudobin = 37th highest paid goalie.

So the bruins are getting 37th paid production out of the 4th highest paid goalie. Like I stated - mediocrity.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:39 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
rcdelude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: nh
Posts: 678
Likes: 0
Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts
Default

Like the Pats, they somehow got the win tonight.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:56 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NH & LTK
Posts: 608
Received 184 Likes on 120 Posts
Default

If they could trade Rask today for a top line wing that can reliably hit the back of the net they should do it.
Otherwise, 1-2 rounds at best.
With today's game of blocking shots out front, the goalie has become less important.
The only time the goalie becomes critical is OT and SO.
And my question with Rask has always been, when has he ever stolen a game for them?
Old 02-20-2019, 11:03 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,117
Likes: 0
Received 1,733 Likes on 851 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LongJohnSilver View Post
If they could trade Rask today for a top line wing that can reliably hit the back of the net they should do it.
Otherwise, 1-2 rounds at best.
With today's game of blocking shots out front, the goalie has become less important.
The only time the goalie becomes critical is OT and SO.
And my question with Rask has always been, when has he ever stolen a game for them?
that would have to be rask plus other players plus draft picks. Rask alone carries little to no trade value.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:41 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Saunderstown / Pt Judith, RI
Posts: 2,232
Received 1,179 Likes on 658 Posts
Default

tampa - san jose finals

book it
Old 02-20-2019, 05:41 PM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 15,533
Received 2,093 Likes on 1,062 Posts
Default

Old 02-21-2019, 06:23 AM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Tampa bay
Posts: 2,071
Likes: 0
Received 523 Likes on 274 Posts
Default

They held on last night. One more game in St Louis to complete a west road series sweep.

Good time to be on fire.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:23 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NH & LTK
Posts: 608
Received 184 Likes on 120 Posts
Default

That trade does nothing for the Bruins other than add a little size.
If Donato had played in same # of games as Coyle, their numbers would be comparable.
Even if they make him 3rd line center he adds nothing as he's not a + faceoff guy.
They need a goalscorer, not a "good guy in the room"! They already have a David Backes. 1 is enough.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.