Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BONUS FORUMS > The Sports Forum
Reload this Page >

Saints fans file LAWSUIT, REALLY FOLKS ???

Notices

Saints fans file LAWSUIT, REALLY FOLKS ???

Old 01-29-2019, 05:05 AM
  #1  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 18,976
Received 1,322 Likes on 760 Posts
Default Saints fans file LAWSUIT, REALLY FOLKS ???

Just saw where some of the Saints fans have filed a lawsuit over the bad call, may have been posted on here earlier but I just saw this

REALLY FOLKS, it is a damn football game that YOUR SAINTS LOST and let me add AFTER several chances to score a TD earlier and YOUR QB threw an INT to basically end the game


Is this what we have stooped to, I am sure it is some bunch of damn millennial group that can not accept the fact YOU GOT BEAT

From now on I honeslty HOPE the Saints NEVER EVER MAKE IT BACK to the SB, wasting our courts time of crap like this

Nest thing you know is a group of UGA fans will file suit against the CFP/NCAA still claiming they are the “best 2 loss team” in the country and should have been in the damn CFP

FOLKS SOMETIMES YOU JUST GET BEAT

MOVE ON
Old 01-29-2019, 08:14 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,217
Likes: 0
Received 411 Likes on 215 Posts
Default

Not all of us are crazy... well maybe crazy but not to that degree. Absolutely no doubt they missed that call and it had an effect on the team. But that had multiple opportunities to put that game away. I think they had 3 or 4 trips into the red zone and managed to walk away with field goals. They won the toss in OT, at home, with Brees under center. That should have resulted in 5 or 6 plays and pop the champagne. I get that it stings to have something like that happen at such a pivotal moment in the game. For me this is a case of "DO YOUR JOB" and keep as much of the outcome of the game out of the officials hands. They had their chances and didn't capitalize on them. I would imagine once everyone down there sobers up (its only been 9 days) the lawsuit will disappear.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:41 AM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,743
Received 343 Likes on 224 Posts
Default

Lawsuit might expose a paid off ref or something deeper but I agree it's childish.

That call was so suspicious it makes me question the whole game though.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:44 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,392
Received 557 Likes on 335 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by r_ventura_23 View Post
What's with all the caps?
Emphasis, guy.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:26 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: The floaters
Posts: 347
Received 1,467 Likes on 791 Posts
Default

As Joseph Stalins secret police chief once said......."Show me the man and I will show you the crime"

Lawyers like parasites have to eat off of a living host, the host this week is Saints fans.

U.S.A.: There is one lawyer for every 265 Americans. Brazil follows closely with one lawyer for every 326 Brazilians.

Country Lawyers Population People/Lawyer

1) US: Lawyers: 1,143,358 Pop: 303MM P/L:265

2) Brazil: Lawyers: 571,360 Pop: 186MM P/L: 326
Old 01-29-2019, 10:43 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ozona, Fl
Posts: 318
Likes: 0
Received 104 Likes on 71 Posts
Default

What surprised me the most, pass interferences is not reviewable under current rules, but Helmet to Helmet contact is a reviewable call, what I question is why the challenge flag was not thrown out on the Helmet contact or did I just not catch what transpired from pitching a fit over the situation?.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:15 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: The floaters
Posts: 347
Received 1,467 Likes on 791 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stix1 View Post
What surprised me the most, pass interferences is not reviewable under current rules, but Helmet to Helmet contact is a reviewable call, what I question is why the challenge flag was not thrown out on the Helmet contact or did I just not catch what transpired from pitching a fit over the situation?.
This is my understanding of the issue.

A "NO-CALL" is not reviewable.

Should a call have been made, then either team could throw a flag for further review.

NFL really screwed the pooch on this one and Goodell who has an opinion on everything that happens on or off the field has remained eerily silent on this one. I wonder if he would be more critical of the referee if the referee would have pushed his wife at home the next day.

NFL has no more room to talk about player safety and concussion protocol after this debacle.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:19 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Weymouth, Ma.
Posts: 2,226
Received 400 Likes on 250 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Redbeans View Post
As Joseph Stalins secret police chief once said......."Show me the man and I will show you the crime"

Lawyers like parasites have to eat off of a living host, the host this week is Saints fans.

U.S.A.: There is one lawyer for every 265 Americans. Brazil follows closely with one lawyer for every 326 Brazilians.

Country Lawyers Population People/Lawyer

1) US: Lawyers: 1,143,358 Pop: 303MM P/L:265

2) Brazil: Lawyers: 571,360 Pop: 186MM P/L: 326
As far as I'm concerned that's 1,143,357 too many lawyers!
Likes:
Old 01-29-2019, 07:32 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: south mississippi
Posts: 715
Likes: 0
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KKiD...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-29-2019, 08:34 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,743
Received 343 Likes on 224 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hottoddie View Post
As far as I'm concerned that's 1,143,357 too many lawyers!
or 1,143,357 too many laws.

In fees we trust.
Likes:
Old 01-29-2019, 08:59 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: WPB, Fl.
Posts: 10,894
Received 1,885 Likes on 1,196 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MrWesson View Post
Lawsuit might expose a paid off ref or something deeper but I agree it's childish.

That call was so suspicious it makes me question the whole game though.
Right in front of the Zeebah as well.

Blew him off the field of play.

Deflating calls cause questions.

What are the red herring regs in 2019?

LA is the new old market.

So many parallels.
RG has lost all credibility.
Follow the perceived money.

Likes:
Old 01-30-2019, 12:11 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: On The Razors Edge
Posts: 10,148
Likes: 0
Received 1,201 Likes on 574 Posts
Default

Boo hoo hoo .............
Old 01-30-2019, 11:54 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,834
Received 697 Likes on 504 Posts
Default

Anyone living in America should know that a lawsuit can pretty much get filed for anything. Bad calls are just part of the game but unfortunately the Saints fans have the legal right to sue. I hope that the lawsuit doesn't get very far.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:03 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: The floaters
Posts: 347
Received 1,467 Likes on 791 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lobstercatcher229 View Post
Anyone living in America should know that a lawsuit can pretty much get filed for anything. Bad calls are just part of the game but unfortunately the Saints fans have the legal right to sue. I hope that the lawsuit doesn't get very far.
yes sir, parasites have to eat and most lawyers are parasites. The suit will be tossed but some attorneys got free national publicity out of it.... lawsuit was probably $350.00 to file, that kind of advertising is cheap.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:00 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 862
Likes: 0
Received 310 Likes on 256 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Redbeans View Post
This is my understanding of the issue.

A "NO-CALL" is not reviewable.

Should a call have been made, then either team could throw a flag for further review.

NFL really screwed the pooch on this one and Goodell who has an opinion on everything that happens on or off the field has remained eerily silent on this one. I wonder if he would be more critical of the referee if the referee would have pushed his wife at home the next day.

NFL has no more room to talk about player safety and concussion protocol after this debacle.
if I remember correctly it was inside 2 minutes so no challenges are allowed from the sideline.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:23 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

I'm not sure, looks like they might make their way to a courtroom on assault charges by the player and robbery by the ref! LOL.....hate to see games impacted so much by bad or missed calls!

Last edited by JDM113; 01-31-2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: add info

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.