Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BONUS FORUMS > The Sports Forum
Reload this Page >

Jalen Hurts transferring to Florida

Notices
Like Tree15Likes

Jalen Hurts transferring to Florida

Old 01-09-2019, 03:47 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,666
Default Jalen Hurts transferring to Florida

Well, at least I hope so. He put in to transfer from Alabama and he has to go somewhere.
lyman24 likes this.
cajflynn is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 04:35 PM
  #2  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 18,518
Default

Will be a hot commodity is my guess

Has his degree so he can play next year
cajflynn likes this.
tprice is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:20 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,475
Default

Good to see him move on.
back at it is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:33 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,485
Default

He needs to move. Good for him, got plenty of talent.
lyman24 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 06:12 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,933
Default

Lost a year of eligibility this year, although he may have been part of an historic season
Great move for him. Wish him luck.
54bullwinkle is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 06:16 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh/Southport, NC
Posts: 4,500
Default

Would be ironic if he went to Missouri
jcbadabing is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 06:26 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St Barths F.W.I.
Posts: 4,358
Default

Hope he ends up 2 hours West of G-ville, Willie could really use him.
r.waddill likes this.
BSpot is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 06:39 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,666
Default

Originally Posted by BSpot View Post
Hope he ends up 2 hours West of G-ville, Willie could really use him.
IMHO, FSU's lack of an o line will keep it out the hunt for any good qb.
54bullwinkle likes this.
cajflynn is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 06:56 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Fort Liquordale
Posts: 333
Default

Its between miami or oklahoma. Canes will get him.
bushwhacker is online now  
Old 01-10-2019, 07:09 AM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,666
Default

Why would a guy trying to get to the NFL want to play for a first year head coach whose background is as a defensive coordinator? Of course every team needing a qb will talk to him but why would he pick a rebuilding effort for a one year deal?
cajflynn is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:18 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Fort Liquordale
Posts: 333
Default

Originally Posted by cajflynn View Post
Why would a guy trying to get to the NFL want to play for a first year head coach whose background is as a defensive coordinator? Of course every team needing a qb will talk to him but why would he pick a rebuilding effort for a one year deal?
Dunno, that is just what I have heard.
bushwhacker is online now  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:58 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm City, FL
Posts: 2,151
Default

Originally Posted by cajflynn View Post
Why would a guy trying to get to the NFL want to play for a first year head coach whose background is as a defensive coordinator? Of course every team needing a qb will talk to him but why would he pick a rebuilding effort for a one year deal?
Does Miami even have an OC yet? You would think his handlers would shy away until they knew who was coming in and type of offense. Donít think he would excel if pro style needed.
cajflynn likes this.
Ahoy Vay is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 10:52 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,666
Default

Originally Posted by bushwhacker View Post
Dunno, that is just what I have heard.
I could definitely understand wanting to get out of the SEC to try something different. I donít know him so I havenít heard any real discussion on the decision.
cajflynn is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 10:56 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,194
Default

Coming to Maryland with his offensive coordinator...gonna be a Terp!
https://www.testudotimes.com/marylan...-mike-locksley

Last edited by superfishal; 01-10-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: link
superfishal is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 11:06 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,634
Default

Originally Posted by superfishal View Post
Coming to Maryland with his offensive coordinator...gonna be a Terp!
https://www.testudotimes.com/marylan...-mike-locksley
Wherever he goes I hope that he shines and becomes a draft pick and then a successful NFL Quarterback. Brady found some success well out of the first round of the draft.
Lobstercatcher229 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 11:12 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Fort Liquordale
Posts: 333
Default

Originally Posted by Ahoy Vay View Post


Does Miami even have an OC yet? You would think his handlers would shy away until they knew who was coming in and type of offense. Donít think he would excel if pro style needed.
From what I hear they have a signed contract with an oc, announcement will be coming shortly. He could play right away at miami, because all of their qbs suck.
Plus it's south florida, who doesn't like south florida
bushwhacker is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:17 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Fort Liquordale
Posts: 333
Default

Originally Posted by bushwhacker View Post
From what I hear they have a signed contract with an oc, announcement will be coming shortly. He could play right away at miami, because all of their qbs suck.
Plus it's south florida, who doesn't like south florida
Canes hire alabama OC, hurst might be coming here after all.
GRSC likes this.
bushwhacker is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:12 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,634
Default

Originally Posted by bushwhacker View Post
From what I hear they have a signed contract with an oc, announcement will be coming shortly. He could play right away at miami, because all of their qbs suck.
Plus it's south florida, who doesn't like south florida
I sure enjoy boating in South Florida and we are on a boating forum! Jimmy Johnson had a nice boat at one time when he lived in Miami.
Lobstercatcher229 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:50 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Fort Liquordale
Posts: 333
Default

Originally Posted by Lobstercatcher229 View Post
I sure enjoy boating in South Florida and we are on a boating forum! Jimmy Johnson had a nice boat at one time when he lived in Miami.
Now he has two bad ass seevees.
bushwhacker is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:39 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm City, FL
Posts: 2,151
Default

Originally Posted by bushwhacker View Post
Canes hire alabama OC, hurst might be coming here after all.
Maybe Hurts will come too! That is a good get (OC) for miami.
Ahoy Vay is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread