Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BONUS FORUMS > The Sports Forum
Reload this Page >

Saints are going to win the Superbowl .

Notices
Like Tree57Likes

Saints are going to win the Superbowl .

Old 01-11-2019, 07:43 AM
  #101  
Senior Member
 
Turtle9343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,540
Default

Originally Posted by Reel 007 View Post
You are damn straight it was invented during the game,
Except for the fact the tuck rule had been called in the past. It wasn't as though the tuck rule had never been called before that Oakland game.
Turtle9343 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:16 AM
  #102  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,338
Default

Originally Posted by Turtle9343 View Post
Except for the fact the tuck rule had been called in the past. It wasn't as though the tuck rule had never been called before that Oakland game.
Yes Sir, in a game involving the Patriots and Jets with Walt Coleman as ref with the Pats holding the short stick.
Walt Coleman has referee almost 250 Patriots games since not a single Raiders game.
"Brady fumbled the ball"
The tuck rule was abolished by the NFL owners by a vote of 29-1, with the Patriots abstaining.
Reel 007 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:35 PM
  #103  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pismo Beach, Ca.
Posts: 3,827
Default

Originally Posted by Reel 007 View Post
Yes Sir, in a game involving the Patriots and Jets with Walt Coleman as ref with the Pats holding the short stick.
Walt Coleman has referee almost 250 Patriots games since not a single Raiders game.
"Brady fumbled the ball"
The tuck rule was abolished by the NFL owners by a vote of 29-1, with the Patriots abstaining.
Who gives a rats ass. I just don't see SD getting past NE, much less to the SB. Rivers is way overdue to fuck up.
Mark Y is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:55 PM
  #104  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,338
Default

Originally Posted by Mark Y View Post
Who gives a rats ass. I just don't see SD getting past NE, much less to the SB. Rivers is way overdue to fuck up.
Rivers is 0 and 7 vs Brady, but he is no longer in San Diego, Brady and Belichick will never win another Super Bowl and Rivers will beat Brady this time.
Reel 007 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 01:31 PM
  #105  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pismo Beach, Ca.
Posts: 3,827
Default

Originally Posted by Reel 007 View Post
Rivers is 0 and 7 vs Brady, but he is no longer in San Diego, Brady and Belichick will never win another Super Bowl and Rivers will beat Brady this time.
We'll see, LA, SD, same difference, Rivers will fuck up.
Mark Y is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 01:49 PM
  #106  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,338
Default

Originally Posted by Mark Y View Post
We'll see, LA, SD, same difference, Rivers will fuck up.
Que Sera, Sera, what ever will be, will be.
Nothing against San Diego, Los Angeles is a different culture, there are far greater expectations, more pressure to win, more Hollywood, more glitter, more money to be made, endorsements for the players.
Take a look back in the past, before the Rams left for Orange County/Saint Louis the leading players were movie stars, Fred Dryer, Merlin Olson, The Raiders, Jack Youngblood etc, etc.
The Chargers are no longer in San Diego and will live-up to the hype of Los Angeles.
Reel 007 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 02:00 PM
  #107  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pismo Beach, Ca.
Posts: 3,827
Default

Originally Posted by Reel 007 View Post
Que Sera, Sera, what ever will be, will be.
Nothing against San Diego, Los Angeles is a different culture, there are far greater expectations, more pressure to win, more Hollywood, more glitter, more money to be made, endorsements for the players.
Take a look back in the past, before the Rams left for Orange County/Saint Louis the leading players were movie stars, Fred Dryer, Merlin Olson, The Raiders, Jack Youngblood etc, etc.
The Chargers are no longer in San Diego and will live-up to the hype of Los Angeles.
Like the Raiders did?
Mark Y is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 02:07 PM
  #108  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,338
Default

Originally Posted by Mark Y View Post
Like the Raiders did?
The Riders won a Superbowl in Los Angeles and made a movie star out of Jack Youngblood.
Reel 007 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 02:12 PM
  #109  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pismo Beach, Ca.
Posts: 3,827
Default

Originally Posted by Reel 007 View Post
The Riders won a Superbowl in Los Angeles and made a movie star out of Jack Youngblood.
Look at their record after the SB win. I was at the Coliseum many times when Denver was in town, the Raiders were on a steady decline and left for Oakland...
Mark Y is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 02:25 PM
  #110  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,338
Default

Originally Posted by Mark Y View Post
Look at their record after the SB win. I was at the Coliseum many times when Denver was in town, the Raiders were on a steady decline and left for Oakland...
The two years after the Superbowl win they had great regular season finishing 11/5 and 12/4, loosing to the Seahawks and Patriots in the playoffs.
I was a Raiders season ticket holder from their first season in '82 till they left.
Reel 007 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:10 PM
  #111  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
Posts: 29
Default

Originally Posted by gofastsandman View Post
A bad call against the pats last SB cost them the game.

I don't see all of the pats fans here whining about that and there are many here.
Bad calls happen in just about every game. Growing up,
I never saw a ref or ump wearing glasses and most are over forty.
​​​​​​You dont see the complaints from NE fans because there were no bad calls. Pats fans also know they cheated in 2004.
fbsaltfly is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:55 PM
  #112  
Senior Member
 
Turtle9343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,540
Default

Originally Posted by fbsaltfly View Post
​​​​​​You dont see the complaints from NE fans because there were no bad calls.
Bad calls weren't the issue. No calls was. The no call on the blatant pass interference. The no call on the philly special. Those two plays alone were worth 14 points. But, again, that's football.
Turtle9343 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:11 AM
  #113  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wildcat Knoll
Posts: 8,658
Default

Originally Posted by fbsaltfly View Post
​​​​​​You dont see the complaints from NE fans because there were no bad calls. Pats fans also know they cheated in 2004.
15 YEARS LATER,still crying.Philly got their one and only bone they'll ever get in our lifetime....
hanson is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:23 AM
  #114  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pismo Beach, Ca.
Posts: 3,827
Default

Originally Posted by Reel 007 View Post
The two years after the Superbowl win they had great regular season finishing 11/5 and 12/4, loosing to the Seahawks and Patriots in the playoffs.
I was a Raiders season ticket holder from their first season in '82 till they left.
As I said, I spent enough time at the Coliseum and those Raider fans were nasty. The fuckers would take the batteries out of their pagers and hurl them at players. One of them threw beer on my wife, that did not end well.
Mark Y is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 08:59 AM
  #115  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,338
Default

Originally Posted by Mark Y View Post
As I said, I spent enough time at the Coliseum and those Raider fans were nasty. The fuckers would take the batteries out of their pagers and hurl them at players. One of them threw beer on my wife, that did not end well.
OK Mark, the Raiders are gone, now representing the AFC in Los Angeles are the Chargers, who will travel to New England with a better record than the home team.
I say its time to end the BS with the division winner getting a better seed than the team with a better record.
The Patriots play in the worst division in the NFL, Jets, Bills and Dolphins, the Chargers in the division with the Conference number one seed.
Go Chargers.
Reel 007 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:53 AM
  #116  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pismo Beach, Ca.
Posts: 3,827
Default

Originally Posted by Reel 007 View Post
OK Mark, the Raiders are gone, now representing the AFC in Los Angeles are the Chargers, who will travel to New England with a better record than the home team.
I say its time to end the BS with the division winner getting a better seed than the team with a better record.
The Patriots play in the worst division in the NFL, Jets, Bills and Dolphins, the Chargers in the division with the Conference number one seed.
Go Chargers.
Agreed. I just have a hard time believing Rivers won't fuck this up. It should be one of the better games this weekend.
Mark Y is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:59 AM
  #117  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 906
Default

We may need a miracle from Saint Nick but GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!
Captainbadfinger is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:30 PM
  #118  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,338
Default

Originally Posted by Mark Y View Post
Agreed. I just have a hard time believing Rivers won't fuck this up. It should be one of the better games this weekend.
I have my reservations about Rivers, I think there is something wrong with his right shoulder, whenever he pass downfield he does not open-up his shoulders, its kind of a short arm throw.
Watch for it in the game vs the Pats, there is no lower body in his throws.
Mark Y likes this.
Reel 007 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:52 PM
  #119  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pismo Beach, Ca.
Posts: 3,827
Default

Originally Posted by Reel 007 View Post
I have my reservations about Rivers, I think there is something wrong with his right shoulder, whenever he pass downfield he does not open-up his shoulders, its kind of a short arm throw.
Watch for it in the game vs the Pats, there is no lower body in his throws.
Got it. I think KC will have their way with Indy.
Mark Y is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 02:09 PM
  #120  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NH & LTK
Posts: 333
Default

Well, they have some work to do.
LongJohnSilver is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread