Notices
Like Tree37Likes

College Hoops

Old 03-14-2019, 03:06 PM
  #41  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,475
Default

Originally Posted by Knoxes View Post
Hey - Just fyi everyone: Zion is going to play tonight.

That's according to ESPN, Reuters, WSJ, BBC, Al Jazeera, Pravda, Weibo and the Manawatu Standard.
He seems to live rent free in your head. Sad. With that said, hope he re-injures himself. Go HEELS!!
back at it is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 02:45 AM
  #42  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 18,518
Default

Originally Posted by back at it View Post
He seems to live rent free in your head. Sad. With that said, hope he re-injures himself. Go HEELS!!

Kind of a shitty attitude. Never want to see a kid get hurt.

This kid is a FREAK of nature. Not a huge BB fan but he is fun to watch. Really thought he would shut it down until NBA draft, his post game comment was “could not let my boys/team down. Earned my respect .

Looking forward to NC v Duke tonight and NEVER EVER thought I would say that
tprice is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 05:19 AM
  #43  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 938
Default

Originally Posted by tprice View Post



Kind of a shitty attitude. Never want to see a kid get hurt.

This kid is a FREAK of nature. Not a huge BB fan but he is fun to watch. Really thought he would shut it down until NBA draft, his post game comment was “could not let my boys/team down. Earned my respect .

Looking forward to NC v Duke tonight and NEVER EVER thought I would say that
I certainly would not wish any harm on anyone either. I think Carolina (the real one ) has enough experience to counter Duke's talent. And they have been playing the best defense I have seen them play in decades. Williams will be the David to Zion's Goliath. Should be a good one, I say Zion gets his points early, then fatigue sets in and UNC takes a close one.
Striperk9 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 05:48 AM
  #44  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,475
Default

Originally Posted by tprice View Post



Kind of a shitty attitude. Never want to see a kid get hurt.

This kid is a FREAK of nature. Not a huge BB fan but he is fun to watch. Really thought he would shut it down until NBA draft, his post game comment was “could not let my boys/team down. Earned my respect .

Looking forward to NC v Duke tonight and NEVER EVER thought I would say that
TIC, well kinda. It’s our only hope though.
back at it is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 06:25 AM
  #45  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ozona, Fl
Posts: 254
Default

As much as I love my Heels, we have not won the ACC Tittle game and gone on to win the NCAA Championship in the same year. Zion is a beast and if he keeps his weight under control, we will be hearing/watching highlight reels about him for the next 20 years, but I think we run them Dukies out of town with Virginia getting us on Saturday
Stix1 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 06:33 AM
  #46  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,475
Default

Originally Posted by Stix1 View Post
As much as I love my Heels, we have not won the ACC Tittle game and gone on to win the NCAA Championship in the same year. Zion is a beast and if he keeps his weight under control, we will be hearing/watching highlight reels about him for the next 20 years, but I think we run them Dukies out of town with Virginia getting us on Saturday
They’ll need to do better than 47% shooting like the last game against the dookies. Hopefully the seniors can get it going and hold a lead. Little, coming off the bench, hot, will be an added bonus. They’ll be a 1 seed and overall number 1 if they can beat the dookies and upset Va. But yeah, Roy focuses on the big picture as always.
back at it is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:44 AM
  #47  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,281
Default

We were right there with Duke and we didn't have our best player. Duke can't shoot and seem to be quite turnover prone. Zion is going to get his. Just have to shut down barrett.
Elgreco809 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 06:01 PM
  #48  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Elizabeth City NC
Posts: 2,406
Default

Will be a good game tonight. Zion is a beast and I’m glad he’s playing. I don’t want to hear the only reason Unc won is because Zion didn’t play anymore. So my heels better win!
cummins28 is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 04:35 AM
  #49  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 18,518
Default

Hell of a game, thought Duke was gonna pull it out

Lot of fun to watch
tprice is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 04:53 AM
  #50  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,475
Default

Anyway, yeah, Zion was Zion. There’s a reason he garners all the hype and rightfully so. This game should strengthen both teams even more.
tprice likes this.

Last edited by back at it; 03-16-2019 at 05:04 AM.
back at it is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 06:03 AM
  #51  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location:
Posts: 54
Default

Originally Posted by tprice View Post
Hell of a game, thought Duke was gonna pull it out

Lot of fun to watch
They did
tprice likes this.
seawalker57 is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 08:48 AM
  #52  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 18,518
Default

Originally Posted by seawalker57 View Post
They did

FUNNY

Typed to fast this am

Thought North Carolina was gonna pull it out
tprice is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 08:49 AM
  #53  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 18,518
Default

Originally Posted by back at it View Post
Anyway, yeah, Zion was Zion. There’s a reason he garners all the hype and rightfully so. This game should strengthen both teams even more.

Yea both teams looked pretty good, thought Duke's shooting was off in 1st half though

Duke and NC should make sweet 16 for sure if not final 4 it paired correctly
tprice is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 04:31 AM
  #54  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 18,518
Default

Duke wins ACC TX, still think Heels got a good shot to win NCAA in the end.

NC seems to have a better overall team and has more depth .

Looks like 3 ACC teams will get No 1 Seeds today in NCAA
tprice is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 06:25 AM
  #55  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,110
Default

Originally Posted by back at it View Post
He seems to live rent free in your head. Sad. With that said, hope he re-injures himself. Go HEELS!!
I’d be embarrassed
llord is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 06:26 AM
  #56  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,475
Default

Originally Posted by tprice View Post
Duke wins ACC TX, still think Heels got a good shot to win NCAA in the end.

NC seems to have a better overall team and has more depth .

Looks like 3 ACC teams will get No 1 Seeds today in NCAA
I think TN deserves a 1 over Gonzaga, if they beat AU today. As a Heels fan, I have no use for Rick Barnes but they deserve a 1 if they win today.
back at it is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 07:22 AM
  #57  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Achilles, VA
Posts: 5,087
Default

Tennessee has beaten 2 ranked teams all year - UK and Gonzaga. Auburn would be their 3rd. PLAY SOMEBODY.
Mako 234 is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 08:43 AM
  #58  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,475
Default

Originally Posted by Mako 234 View Post
Tennessee has beaten 2 ranked teams all year - UK and Gonzaga. Auburn would be their 3rd. PLAY SOMEBODY.
And the Zags come from a high school conference too. It’s always nutty trying to figure seeds.
back at it is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 10:40 AM
  #59  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,406
Default

TN looking bad.
AU not this good.
chrispnet is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 05:34 PM
  #60  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ozona, Fl
Posts: 254
Default

Duke, Virginia, Tar Heels, Gonzaga - crazy brackets with the Tar Heels having the most difficult road. Playing Kansas in Kansas City is like a home game for the Jayhawks then follow up with Kentucky, ACC tournament loss stings now....Potential Midwest Regional at Sprint: North Carolina, Kansas, Houston, Kentucky. Wow.

Last edited by Stix1; 03-17-2019 at 06:16 PM.
Stix1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread