Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BONUS FORUMS > The Sports Forum
Reload this Page >

Who’s the Best Florida College 🏈 Team

Notices
Like Tree603Likes

Who’s the Best Florida College 🏈 Team

Reply

Old 12-05-2018, 10:16 AM
  #1281  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm City, FL
Posts: 1,972
Default

Originally Posted by cajflynn View Post


i was trying to compliment you.
Gee, thanks?
cajflynn likes this.
Ahoy Vay is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:36 AM
  #1282  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Default

Originally Posted by cajflynn View Post
UCF’s argument is a win is a win unless, of course, it’s a sec team playing citadel. Meanwhile, no UCF fan can point to an on field measurement to back their team’s ranking up.

The beat part is all of you parrot the same talking points. Not one of you has an original thought. Band wagon fans that will be gone as quickly as your “love” for UCF started. Ahoy Voy may be delusional but at least he’s an actual fan.

Is that thoughtful enough for you?

Band wagon fans...cute. I attended UCF's first ever bowl victory, I flew cross country and attended UCF's first ever BCS bowl victory (when we were supposed to be crushed by Baylor), I've been to I think every single bowl game since the Liberty bowl vs Ga in fact. I've been to away games completely across the country (Stanford) as well as several others closer to FL. I've had season tickets since 2007 including our winless season and the year after.

What could I do to not be a bandwagon fan?
jj1987 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:15 AM
  #1283  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,306
Default

How about coming up with some insight other than just repeating Danny White’s twitter messages.
cajflynn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:15 AM
  #1284  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm City, FL
Posts: 1,972
Default

Originally Posted by jj1987 View Post
Band wagon fans...cute. I attended UCF's first ever bowl victory, I flew cross country and attended UCF's first ever BCS bowl victory (when we were supposed to be crushed by Baylor), I've been to I think every single bowl game since the Liberty bowl vs Ga in fact. I've been to away games completely across the country (Stanford) as well as several others closer to FL. I've had season tickets since 2007 including our winless season and the year after.

What could I do to not be a bandwagon fan?
Tattoo UCF Back2Back National Champs on your neck in a vertical fashion. Then we will believe you are a true fan with conviction.
Danny33486 and cajflynn like this.
Ahoy Vay is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:39 PM
  #1285  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Orange Beach, AL & Daphne, AL
Posts: 2,744
Default

Originally Posted by RickC137 View Post
Holy crap man, how many times we need to go over this. NO Team can do anything about their IN CONFERENCE Games. You HAVE TO PLAY Them.

You think UCF is ducking tough teams. They had 2 ACC on the schedule .. Scheduled years ago. How do they know what Pitt and North Carolina are going to be like? That's like saying Clemson is ducking good teams cause they scheduled Louisville.

But we know what the Citadel, Mercer, Louisiana State, FCS and Sunbelt is going to be like.
There is so much truth to this, plus I don’t know how far out non-conference games are scheduled, but..........

For example: FSU won the BCS National Championship in ‘13
First game of the ‘17 #3 FSU played #1 Bama (preseason rankings) and lost 24-7
By the end of season FSU’s record was like 7-6 and Jimbo flew the coop
How on earth does anyone know an FSU, a Louisville, So Cal, Wisconsin, etc. program is going to fall apart so quickly with same coach, not to mention more years of recruiting?
These have been Bama’s season opening competitors since ‘15 but Tide’s schedule is criticized because FSU, So Cal & Louisville ain’t worth a dang by years end.

I get the Citadel’s, La Tech, et.al can be problematic when determining schedule strength but it’s a very good payday for smaller schools and gives starters a chance to rest in an already expanded season, and also allows 2nd & 3rd team guys game experience. With conference championships and CFP, many schools have gone from a 12 game season up to a 15 game season—like a 25% increase and that takes a toll on athletes.

Don't think anyone is insinuating UCF should line up a bunch of projected top 10 teams for every non conference game but it wouldn’t hurt their cause to at least attempt to schedule one or two every now & then.
Tiretyme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:02 AM
  #1286  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Default

Originally Posted by Tiretyme View Post


There is so much truth to this, plus I don’t know how far out non-conference games are scheduled, but..........

For example: FSU won the BCS National Championship in ‘13
First game of the ‘17 #3 FSU played #1 Bama (preseason rankings) and lost 24-7
By the end of season FSU’s record was like 7-6 and Jimbo flew the coop
How on earth does anyone know an FSU, a Louisville, So Cal, Wisconsin, etc. program is going to fall apart so quickly with same coach, not to mention more years of recruiting?
These have been Bama’s season opening competitors since ‘15 but Tide’s schedule is criticized because FSU, So Cal & Louisville ain’t worth a dang by years end.

I get the Citadel’s, La Tech, et.al can be problematic when determining schedule strength but it’s a very good payday for smaller schools and gives starters a chance to rest in an already expanded season, and also allows 2nd & 3rd team guys game experience. With conference championships and CFP, many schools have gone from a 12 game season up to a 15 game season—like a 25% increase and that takes a toll on athletes.

Don't think anyone is insinuating UCF should line up a bunch of projected top 10 teams for every non conference game but it wouldn’t hurt their cause to at least attempt to schedule one or two every now & then.
Games are scheduled 3-5 years in advance. For instance, when UCF scheduled UNC for this year, UNC had won their side of the ACC. This year that game was canceled by a hurricane, but even if it were to have been played it would have actually hurt UCF's SOS. UCF played the runner up ACC champion this year and demolished them.
jj1987 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:18 AM
  #1287  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,306
Default

Another Danny White twitter feed. Well done.

Tell me who Danny White scheduled this year for five years from now.
cajflynn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:02 AM
  #1288  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Default

Originally Posted by cajflynn View Post
Another Danny White twitter feed. Well done.

Tell me who Danny White scheduled this year for five years from now.
There's Stanford next year, UNC/GA Tech the following, Louisville the following year, Louisville and GA Tech the following year, then UNC the next two years.

Of course, Danny White has tweeted these things, so I'm guessing you won't believe it.
jj1987 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:40 AM
  #1289  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,306
Default

Originally Posted by jj1987 View Post
There's Stanford next year, UNC/GA Tech the following, Louisville the following year, Louisville and GA Tech the following year, then UNC the next two years.

Of course, Danny White has tweeted these things, so I'm guessing you won't believe it.
You didn’t answer my question.
cajflynn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:49 AM
  #1290  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Default

Originally Posted by cajflynn View Post
You didn’t answer my question.
I literally provided you with our OOC schedule for the next 6 years. Not sure what you want.
jj1987 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:29 PM
  #1291  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 28
Default

I love hearing ucf fans claiming they are a top 10 team without Milton. Your so delusional you burned the only potential excuse when lsu gives you a much needed reality check. I need to repower the Chris Craft. Any ucf fans want to put their money where their mouth is?? I doubt it
babushka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:50 PM
  #1292  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,306
Default

Originally Posted by jj1987 View Post
I literally provided you with our OOC schedule for the next 6 years. Not sure what you want.
I asked you what future games were scheduled this year. Did UCF leverage their success to schedule better games or did they make a lot of excuses and do nothing?

I really don’t care what the answer is. I’m just tired of the whining. You guys played a schedule that lots of teams could have gone undefeated on. Admit it, enjoy the success and move on.
cajflynn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:22 PM
  #1293  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Default

Originally Posted by cajflynn View Post


I asked you what future games were scheduled this year. Did UCF leverage their success to schedule better games or did they make a lot of excuses and do nothing?

I really don’t care what the answer is. I’m just tired of the whining. You guys played a schedule that lots of teams could have gone undefeated on. Admit it, enjoy the success and move on.
You know you're spewing BS now. UCF's success is going to make it harder to schedule.
jj1987 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:01 PM
  #1294  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,306
Default

Lots of top teams play each other in out of conference games for their first game of the season.
cajflynn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:09 AM
  #1295  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,306
Default

cajflynn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:31 AM
  #1296  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central, Florida
Posts: 1,315
Default

I guess SEC teams should step up and schedule them then. I bet they are lining up at Danny White's door as you read this.

Last edited by kurttruk; 12-07-2018 at 06:13 AM.
kurttruk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:16 AM
  #1297  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Default

Originally Posted by kurttruk View Post
I guess SEC teams should step up and schedule them then. I bet they are lining up at Danny White's door as you read this.
For all the schools, coaches and commissioners calling out the SOS, I have not seen a single AD call out Danny White for not accepting an offer to play them.
jj1987 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:35 AM
  #1298  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central, Florida
Posts: 1,315
Default

Originally Posted by jj1987 View Post
For all the schools, coaches and commissioners calling out the SOS, I have not seen a single AD call out Danny White for not accepting an offer to play them.
Exactly my point. They only want cupcake teams for there out of conference games.
kurttruk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:21 AM
  #1299  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Palm
Posts: 5,306
Default

Originally Posted by kurttruk View Post

Exactly my point. They only want cupcake teams for there out of conference games.
This is not correct. Florida plays Miami and FSU ooc next year. Florida’s ooc games will be higher ranked than any of UCF’s games.

cajflynn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:28 AM
  #1300  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,652
Default

Originally Posted by cajflynn View Post


This is not correct. Florida plays Miami and FSU ooc next year. Florida’s ooc games will be higher ranked than any of UCF’s games.


UCF plays Stanford at home next year. UF has unranked 8-5 Miami and an FSU team that didn't even make a bowl.
jj1987 is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: