The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Go Back   >
Search


Like Tree267Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #681
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,025
Default

Time to boycott GC:

https://www.gq.com/story/colin-kaepe...ot-be-silenced
Attached Images
 
Captain Twice Screwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #682
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: South FL
Posts: 734
Default

This it's just an indicator how screwed our society has become, now the media and some half brain worms are embracing these anti-Americans clowns.
waheero71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:31 AM   #683
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 10,613
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

"The New American Heroes."



:r ofl:
Crabcake Tony likes this.
back at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:12 AM   #684
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 535
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Twice Screwed View Post
I'll bet there's a copy of GQ on the table of every boat owner and hunter in America.
petealan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:27 AM   #685
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 254
Default

Somebody once told me what the letters GQ stood for and it wasn't "Happy and Strange" but similar.
Crabcake Tony likes this.
MercuryMan200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:40 AM   #686
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petealan View Post
I'll bet there's a copy of GQ on the table of every boat owner and hunter in America.
haha I was thinking the same thing. I'd be shocked if even one of us on this thread has ever picked up a copy of GQ.

I can see it on the news now-- THT Boycott costs GQ $0.
jj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #687
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1987 View Post
haha I was thinking the same thing. I'd be shocked if even one of us on this thread has ever picked up a copy of GQ.

I can see it on the news now-- THT Boycott costs GQ $0.
Does anyone think that him being a poster child on GQ will help his employment chances in the NFL??
km1125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:44 PM   #688
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: L.I, NY
Posts: 6,538
Default

Ex-ESPN reporter Britt McHenry says itís 'a joke' GQ named Colin Kaepernick its 'Citizen of the Year'

New York Daily News
Ari Gilberg
Nov 14th 2017 6:44AM
X

Britt McHenry is taking a stand against GQ naming Colin Kaepernick its "Citizen of the Year" for taking a knee.

The former ESPN reporter bashed GQ and Kaepenerick on Twitter Monday shortly after the magazine announced it would be honoring the polarizing quarterback.

"Wear socks depicting police officers as pigs; wear Fidel Castro as a fashion statement IN MIAMI; sue NFL for collusion when gf compares owners to slave owners...Win Citizen of the Year. Serve in the US military...nothing. What a joke, GQ. #Kaepernick," McHenry wrote.

McHenry has frequently criticized Kaepernick for initiating the national anthem protest movement.

McHenry was one of 100 ESPN employees let go by the network in late April. The recognizable sports reporter later said she believed her conservative views had something to do with her firing.

Since being let go by ESPN, McHenry has frequently appeared as a guest on Fox News.
PJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #689
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: L.I, NY
Posts: 6,538
Default

Week 10 NFL Ratings
Window Game Net Rtg. +/- Vwrs.
(+ Stream) +/- A18-49
Late DH DAL-ATL (86%) FOX 12.8 -22% 21.963M -24% 6.4
SNF NE-DEN NBC 10.2 -20% 17.510M -22% 5.8
TNF SEA-AZ NBC, NFLN,
Amazon 7.9 -2% 13.101M
(13.4M) -2% 4.0
Early DH MIN-WSH (45%) FOX 7.4 -21% 12.350M -22% 3.6
Single Various CBS 7.2 -8% 11.827M -10% 3.4


Wow !
Dallas - Atlana -24% from last year
SNF New England - Denver -22% from last year
Minn - Washington -22% from last year
and last year was down 16% so they were down nearly 40% from 2015 OMG

and it continues ! :

Pulling back a bit for a year-to-year perspective, last night’s one-sided, franchise record making and Cam Newton showcasing MNF was down 22% from the November 14, 2016 face off between the New York Giants and the Cincinnati Bengals. In the final numbers, that game, which took a dip from its previous week, had a 3.6 rating in the key demo and a total audience of 10.7 million.
PJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:37 PM   #690
Senior Member
 
Turtle9343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,103
Default

And still no change in ticket sales at the stadiums.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...attendance.htm
Turtle9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:22 PM   #691
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle9343 View Post
And still no change in ticket sales at the stadiums.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...attendance.htm
I believe those numbers include season tickets also.
PJJR likes this.
Crabcake Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:40 AM   #692
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: L.I, NY
Posts: 6,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle9343 View Post
And still no change in ticket sales at the stadiums.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...attendance.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispnet View Post
You guys providing citations for attendance figures need to read this article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsm.../#35800062b2ab

How Sports Attendance Figures Speak Lies

Then...you will understand how someone at the game sees a half empty stadium even though the reported attendance figure says otherwise.


"Remember itís all about the money these days, and what the public sees as attendance figure and the actual number of butts in the seats are assuredly two different things. Don't ever confuse the two."

Does anyone read, there are your attendance figures.


And more importantly, TV is where all the big $ comes from, the ticket sales are chump change.
Crabcake Tony likes this.
PJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #693
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: South FL
Posts: 734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJJR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispnet View Post
You guys providing citations for attendance figures need to read this article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsm.../#35800062b2ab

How Sports Attendance Figures Speak Lies

Then...you will understand how someone at the game sees a half empty stadium even though the reported attendance figure says otherwise.


"Remember itís all about the money these days, and what the public sees as attendance figure and the actual number of butts in the seats are assuredly two different things. Don't ever confuse the two."

Does anyone read, there are your attendance figures.


And more importantly, TV is where all the big $ comes from, the ticket sales are chump change.
Link didn't work for me.
waheero71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:26 PM   #694
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waheero71 View Post
Link didn't work for me.
Works for me.

BTW - The Forbes web site doesn't like Ad Blockers, so if you have one, temp disable it and it will let you in.
Crabcake Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #695
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 7,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJJR View Post
Week 10 NFL Ratings
Window Game Net Rtg. +/- Vwrs.
(+ Stream) +/- A18-49
Late DH DAL-ATL (86%) FOX 12.8 -22% 21.963M -24% 6.4
SNF NE-DEN NBC 10.2 -20% 17.510M -22% 5.8
TNF SEA-AZ NBC, NFLN,
Amazon 7.9 -2% 13.101M
(13.4M) -2% 4.0
Early DH MIN-WSH (45%) FOX 7.4 -21% 12.350M -22% 3.6
Single Various CBS 7.2 -8% 11.827M -10% 3.4


Wow !
Dallas - Atlana -24% from last year
SNF New England - Denver -22% from last year
Minn - Washington -22% from last year
and last year was down 16% so they were down nearly 40% from 2015 OMG

and it continues ! :

Pulling back a bit for a year-to-year perspective, last nightís one-sided, franchise record making and Cam Newton showcasing MNF was down 22% from the November 14, 2016 face off between the New York Giants and the Cincinnati Bengals. In the final numbers, that game, which took a dip from its previous week, had a 3.6 rating in the key demo and a total audience of 10.7 million.
Thank you for citing good games in yuor argument. Those numbers are crazy.

You've got to assume there will be a change soon.
Double tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #696
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Rocky Point FL
Posts: 7,913
Default

I am channel surfing and the Pittsburg Nashville game looks empty in the stands.
r.waddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:58 PM   #697
Admirals Club
iTrader: (4)
 
Ryan H.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Pensaco Mexico, just south of Rock Point
Posts: 12,956
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

so several of you say you disagree with Kapernick and the others kneeling, but still watch.



Grow a pair, take a stand, send a message, maybe just maybe if everyone who disagreed with them would have the grit to miss football for a few weeks this stuff would work it's self out all ready.

That's what is wrong with our society today, men who should take a stand but are weak as water and always make an excuse. I'm betting there are guys in this thread who claim to boycott but don't, shame on you if you are one of them.
Ryan H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #698
Senior Member
 
Turtle9343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan H. View Post
so several of you say you disagree with Kapernick and the others kneeling, but still watch.



Grow a pair, take a stand, send a message, maybe just maybe if everyone who disagreed with them would have the grit to miss football for a few weeks this stuff would work it's self out all ready.

That's what is wrong with our society today, men who should take a stand but are weak as water and always make an excuse. I'm betting there are guys in this thread who claim to boycott but don't, shame on you if you are one of them.
I donít claim to boycott, I freely admit I will continue to watch, I donít give a damn whether anyone kneels or not, and by stating all that I am taking a stand and sending a message.
Turtle9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:03 AM   #699
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 7,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan H. View Post
so several of you say you disagree with Kapernick and the others kneeling, but still watch.



Grow a pair, take a stand, send a message, maybe just maybe if everyone who disagreed with them would have the grit to miss football for a few weeks this stuff would work it's self out all ready.

That's what is wrong with our society today, men who should take a stand but are weak as water and always make an excuse. I'm betting there are guys in this thread who claim to boycott but don't, shame on you if you are one of them.
I don't disagree with them kneeling. It's their right as Americans, and I'm fine with it. I watch football religiously, but have been following the stats PJJR posts and watching it play out.

On alt right tht, like turtle said, its bolder to admit you're still watching than it is to just jump on the boycott train.
Double tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:04 AM   #700
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 535
Default

The whole controversy has turned me into a college football fan instead of NFL. I only used to watch a couple college games. Now my Saturday is what my Sunday used to be. College ball has way more passion, more "you never know what's going to happen" and is all around more exciting. Screw the NFL.
petealan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:19 PM.


©2009 TheHullTruth.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.