Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BONUS FORUMS > The Sports Forum
Reload this Page >

Yikes ! No Bruins - Islanders trash talk ?

Notices

Yikes ! No Bruins - Islanders trash talk ?

Old 06-06-2021, 12:34 PM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: L.I, NY
Posts: 7,102
Received 157 Likes on 122 Posts
Default Yikes ! No Bruins - Islanders trash talk ?

Is there a sports ban in effect in New England ?
There has been a vacuum in here for awhile, hope all you crazies are well.

OBTW GO ISLANDERS !

I had expected to find a series of posts praising and condemning Rask.
And frankly after game1 I thought the Perfection Line was just too damn good. Trotz seems to have found a way to slow them down, hope it lasts.

Looks to be a great series with the old barn in Uniondale getting it's last cheers in its hallowed halls.

Old 06-06-2021, 02:24 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: West Falmouth, MA
Posts: 4,345
Received 523 Likes on 316 Posts
Default

Ya after the first game when the B's won 5-2 everyone around here got way too confident. This is going 7.... with the +/- being Carlo and Miller. If they come back, the B's win. If they don't the Isles win. If only one comes back game 7 goes 12 periods, they dress the sports trainer who score the game winning goal.

Going into the playoffs I said I would be happy with the season if they won one series and thrilled if they won two. The B's, Caps, Pens and Isles are all very close. After this series we play "the rest of the NHL" who I haven't watch much this year. So who knows......

Mike
Old 06-07-2021, 07:46 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 15,638
Received 2,186 Likes on 1,110 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Parapapam View Post
Ya after the first game when the B's won 5-2 everyone around here got way too confident. This is going 7.... with the +/- being Carlo and Miller. If they come back, the B's win. If they don't the Isles win. If only one comes back game 7 goes 12 periods, they dress the sports trainer who score the game winning goal.

Going into the playoffs I said I would be happy with the season if they won one series and thrilled if they won two. The B's, Caps, Pens and Isles are all very close. After this series we play "the rest of the NHL" who I haven't watch much this year. So who knows......

Mike
I hope you’re right about the 12 periods.

Go Bolts!
Likes:
Old 06-07-2021, 12:42 PM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: L.I, NY
Posts: 7,102
Received 157 Likes on 122 Posts
Default

" If they come back, the B's win. If they don't the Isles win. If only one comes back game 7 goes 12 periods, they dress the sports trainer who score the game winning goal."



That looks to be a reasonable prognosis, so far they are beating the crap out of each other; great series so far. Tonight is a big, big game, wish it were on the island.

Old 06-07-2021, 02:27 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Saunderstown / Pt Judith, RI
Posts: 2,387
Received 1,290 Likes on 699 Posts
Default

F the fish sticks, signed NYR fan.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:30 AM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: West Falmouth, MA
Posts: 4,345
Received 523 Likes on 316 Posts
Default

Can you say......Stay out of the F@#$%@#$% penalty box!!!! One pathetically weak penalty, one by the rule but usually not called in the playoffs penalty and one "Chris, what the hell were you thinking" penalty....three goals. Game over.

B's win on the Island and then one of the most epic game 7's gets played.

Mike
Old 06-08-2021, 07:06 AM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: L.I, NY
Posts: 7,102
Received 157 Likes on 122 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Parapapam View Post
Can you say......Stay out of the F@#$%@#$% penalty box!!!! One pathetically weak penalty, one by the rule but usually not called in the playoffs penalty and one "Chris, what the hell were you thinking" penalty....three goals. Game over.

B's win on the Island and then one of the most epic game 7's gets played.

Mike
3 out of 4 on the power play ! WOW
40 saves by Varlamov, and we only had 19 shots on goal !
Wow, they did have me squirming in my seat once it became 5-4

Close series great hockey

Hope they send the Barn off with a win on Wednesday
Old 06-09-2021, 04:30 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,536
Likes: 0
Received 1,692 Likes on 838 Posts
Default

One of the announcers the other night mentioned it. The Islanders are the 1990's New Jersey Devils. No talent (other than Barzal) so they know they can't run with any of these playoff teams. Instead they clog up the neutral and defensive zones, allow a ton of shots and shot attempts hoping to block them and then hope to get lucky and score a dirty goal or two and win 2 to 1. Effective strategy, but very frustrating and super boring. This whole series has sucked. How many 5 on 5 goals do the Isles have? Less than 50%? Power play, open net and lucky bounces.

Barry Trotz is a piece of s&%*. Disrespecting one of the most respected players the game has ever seen in Patrice Bergeron. Calling him a cheater. Dick move. Funny thing is Bergeron leads the league in face off percentage then gets to this series and isn't even 50%. No need to plant that seed in the refs' heads.

Trotz and the Isles should get a bench minor every period they play '90's Devils style hockey. It is a disgrace to the game of hockey. Fine him too. That bloated pile of cow manure.

How's that for some trash talk? Stings for those Isle fans because it's true. Actually, probably not. They couldn't understand all that. All they see is a guy get hurt and start cheering.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:32 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: North of Gosnold
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Old 06-09-2021, 04:33 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: buzzards bay,ma.
Posts: 4,040
Received 564 Likes on 303 Posts
Default

Hopefully not another Tuukka turd tonight, he’d better be on a short leash.

BC should have started the rookie
Old 06-09-2021, 06:55 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: West Falmouth, MA
Posts: 4,345
Received 523 Likes on 316 Posts
Default

Damm did Matt Grzelick suck and it is only the second period!! Mike Riley, who I previously liked, has played soft and had no intensity all playoffs. Tuukka didn't help them either. The Bruins always had a second line issue. You can add a defenseman issue now. Love and miss big Z but he is a shadow of himself. Tory wanted and got too much money. Miller and Carlo needed to stay healthy and didn't.

The better team won. Plain and simple.

Mike
Likes:
Old 06-10-2021, 05:56 AM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NYC, USA
Posts: 3,260
Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Locke N Load View Post
One of the announcers the other night mentioned it. The Islanders are the 1990's New Jersey Devils. No talent (other than Barzal) so they know they can't run with any of these playoff teams. Instead they clog up the neutral and defensive zones, allow a ton of shots and shot attempts hoping to block them and then hope to get lucky and score a dirty goal or two and win 2 to 1. Effective strategy, but very frustrating and super boring. This whole series has sucked. How many 5 on 5 goals do the Isles have? Less than 50%? Power play, open net and lucky bounces.

Barry Trotz is a piece of s&%*. Disrespecting one of the most respected players the game has ever seen in Patrice Bergeron. Calling him a cheater. Dick move. Funny thing is Bergeron leads the league in face off percentage then gets to this series and isn't even 50%. No need to plant that seed in the refs' heads.

Trotz and the Isles should get a bench minor every period they play '90's Devils style hockey. It is a disgrace to the game of hockey. Fine him too. That bloated pile of cow manure.

How's that for some trash talk? Stings for those Isle fans because it's true. Actually, probably not. They couldn't understand all that. All they see is a guy get hurt and start cheering.
So. Who won the Islander/Bruins series?
Asking for a friend.
Likes:
Old 06-10-2021, 07:27 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Saunderstown / Pt Judith, RI
Posts: 2,387
Received 1,290 Likes on 699 Posts
Default

all those D go down... big Z and Krug would have looked awful good in black and gold last night.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:38 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,536
Likes: 0
Received 1,692 Likes on 838 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by capt. thunder View Post
So. Who won the Islander/Bruins series?
Asking for a friend.
The Islanders won the series (as I expected, notice I did not say the Bruins would win), but we as fans of the game all lost. We will all continue to lose as we now have to watch the Islanders and their boring style of play go against another talented team, the Lightning. Hopefully, the Isles luck runs out and they get swept and our pain is over quickly.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:59 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Saunderstown / Pt Judith, RI
Posts: 2,387
Received 1,290 Likes on 699 Posts
Default

tampa will heel stomp the fish sticks.
Likes:
Old 06-10-2021, 11:50 AM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: L.I, NY
Posts: 7,102
Received 157 Likes on 122 Posts
Default

"So. Who won the Islander/Bruins series?
Asking for a friend."




The secret to a good coach is you play the style that best suits your players, and not trying to force them to play a style the aren't good at.
. Trotz does that quite well.

The Boston D getting so banged up changed the series in my opinion. I guess the hits were boring too ? .

Frankly I'm worried about the Lightning, they are very balanced and talented, but I didn't think the Islanders would get this far after losing Lee. Have to say it was a successful season, but since we are here again

WHY NOT win it all !

Go Islanders !!



Old 06-10-2021, 11:57 AM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: L.I, NY
Posts: 7,102
Received 157 Likes on 122 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Parapapam View Post
Damm did Matt Grzelick suck and it is only the second period!! Mike Riley, who I previously liked, has played soft and had no intensity all playoffs. Tuukka didn't help them either. The Bruins always had a second line issue. You can add a defenseman issue now. Love and miss big Z but he is a shadow of himself. Tory wanted and got too much money. Miller and Carlo needed to stay healthy and didn't.

The better team won. Plain and simple.

Mike
Classy response !

Likes:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.