Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > SportFishing and Charters Forum
Reload this Page >

Can a navy ship knock out your GPS or affect your electronics?

Notices
Like Tree48Likes

Can a navy ship knock out your GPS or affect your electronics?

Old 09-06-2019, 07:01 PM
  #41  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Arlington Texas
Posts: 270
Default

Originally Posted by Rigginuts View Post
I agree. I don't see anything about a wack job ripping a fishes gills out, cutting they throats, ripping or cutting their jaws apart, fishing in electric storms etc. amusing. As a matter of fact everything this guy does is just plain stupidity and careless. This kind of BS is better off not shown on THT website. I second the motion to remove these videos.
I dont see yOu doing anything but getting skunked wahoo fishing and spamming the board with seahunt trying to sell people used fishin poles for more than they cost new. Fackin crook fraud I hope you get robbed like you do to other people on the internet. $200 for shipping 5 rod and reels I vote to kick your sorry ash out of here con artist.
marx88 is offline  
Old 09-06-2019, 07:11 PM
  #42  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Arlington Texas
Posts: 270
Default

This is the whole truth my gps went out right as a navy destroyer went by me. I am glad to share my experience in the Hope's of finding some understanding. It could of been a coincidence that it went out at the exact moment I got too close to the men of the armed forces that I respect and admire greatly. If you are out there trying to fish and you want to keep your electronics operational, I would advice you to give this boat a minimum of 2 knotical miles CPi. Not to mention sometimes they just start blasting those cannons!!!
on a side note if you see that riginut guy posting chit for sale know it's a scam and he is a crybaby who probably never caught a wahoo
marx88 is offline  
Old 09-06-2019, 07:15 PM
  #43  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Arlington Texas
Posts: 270
Default


marx88 is offline  
Old 09-06-2019, 07:36 PM
  #44  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,699
Default

Yes then followed by salty old man waving his fist in the air yelling “Get off my dock!”
richeerich is online now  
Old 09-07-2019, 06:12 AM
  #45  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 355
Default

Originally Posted by marx88 View Post
I dont see yOu doing anything but getting skunked wahoo fishing and spamming the board with seahunt trying to sell people used fishin poles for more than they cost new. Fackin crook fraud I hope you get robbed like you do to other people on the internet. $200 for shipping 5 rod and reels I vote to kick your sorry ash out of here con artist.
I don't know what kind of mental problems you have and I really don't care but I will tell you that your videos are a disgrace to all fisherman and sportsman alike. I could give a rats ass what you do in your own boat offshore but to put it on social media for the whole world to see does nothing but hurt our sport. You are only adding fuel to the fire for animal rights organizations like peta, bfas , aspca, delta, foa, tmmc, paws, pg inc,uan, wca, and aspca just to name a few.
Give it some thought.
Rigginuts is offline  
Old 09-07-2019, 07:18 AM
  #46  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,544
Default

Originally Posted by Rigginuts View Post
I don't know what kind of mental problems you have and I really don't care but I will tell you that your videos are a disgrace to all fisherman and sportsman alike. I could give a rats ass what you do in your own boat offshore but to put it on social media for the whole world to see does nothing but hurt our sport. You are only adding fuel to the fire for animal rights organizations like peta, bfas , aspca, delta, foa, tmmc, paws, pg inc,uan, wca, and aspca just to name a few.
Give it some thought.
I'd rather not have whiney little women representing *our sport" either. Very simple for you dont click play no clicka the link.
ed d and Tdavis7 like this.
DotRotten is offline  
Old 09-07-2019, 07:25 AM
  #47  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Tampa
Posts: 220
Default

Originally Posted by Lookinup76 View Post
they can make you shit your pants from 5000 yards away, jamming your GPS is child's play.
There GPS spoofers also that make you think you are in one spot according to GPS numbers when you are not.
Rjh1960 is offline  
Old 09-07-2019, 08:06 AM
  #48  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,856
Default

Originally Posted by Rjh1960 View Post


There GPS spoofers also that make you think you are in one spot according to GPS numbers when you are not.
Useful if defending against GPS guided weapons .

Hammer Down marx88 looks like your enjoying yourself , life's short .
ed d is offline  
Old 09-07-2019, 04:06 PM
  #49  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Quepos Costa Rica
Posts: 3,740
Default

Originally Posted by marx88 View Post
Dang you were pretty close. You never know, I don't think they randomly go around messing up GPS's, but who knows if they made a special occasion out of you. Or they were blasting at a russian sub and you got in the way
SailFishQuepos is offline  
Old 09-07-2019, 08:08 PM
  #50  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,856
Default

Originally Posted by SailFishQuepos View Post
Dang you were pretty close. You never know, I don't think they randomly go around messing up GPS's, but who knows if they made a special occasion out of you. Or they were blasting at a russian sub and you got in the way
Those ships can put out so much raw energy something unintentional could have happened . The sonar system I operated put out 250,000 watts for example - it could kill someone in the water . There's home owner grade , commercial grade , then there's Military grade .
ed d is offline  
Old 09-08-2019, 08:55 AM
  #51  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Key West FL
Posts: 265
Default

Originally Posted by FishnDive View Post
The capability of the navy to jam electronic signals is hardly a secret.
$200 and a quick google search will find all the jammer equipment you will ever want
jig boat likes this.
Yankee Capts is offline  
Old 09-08-2019, 09:17 AM
  #52  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: naples
Posts: 269
Default

Originally Posted by popeyeiii View Post
Yes. They have EMP weapons (Electra Magnetic Pulse). If you get too close and trip their proximity sensor, they can hit you with the EMP. You probably passed out and don;t remember it. They may have implanted a tracker on you. Did you get a migraine headache the next day? Telltale sign there was an EMP involved.
They have been known todo anal probes too.
alfnator is online now  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread