Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > SportFishing and Charters Forum
Reload this Page >

Alternative to TackleDirect for fishing gear?

Notices
Like Tree14Likes

Alternative to TackleDirect for fishing gear?

Old 08-05-2019, 08:32 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Dubai, U.A.E
Posts: 37
Default Alternative to TackleDirect for fishing gear?

Hello Everyone,

I hope all is well.

Been trying to get in touch with TackleDirect to make sure they will be able to honor the mentioned shipping dates on their site so I can place my order.

No luck reaching them by email or phone, which sucks because they have everything I'm looking for "in stock" and offer international shipping.

I would rather not get stuck waiting for my gear as everyone else seems to be doing these days due to their system upgrade.

Was wondering if anyone knows an alternative website which has a wide offering of rods and reels etc?

Thanks!
Tareq is offline  
Old 08-05-2019, 08:51 AM
  #2  
pje
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orlando , Fl
Posts: 2,449
Default

Here are a few that I use frequently , all of them ship quickly . I don't like to wait for stuff .

https://www.charkbait.com/

https://www.jandh.com/

Capt. Harry's Fishing Supply | Saltwater Fishing Tackle & Equipment
tarpononecharter likes this.
pje is online now  
Old 08-05-2019, 08:57 AM
  #3  
Senior Member (used to be B-Faithful)Captains Club MemberPLEDGER Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 17,083
Default

www.AllTackle.com

turndownwhip likes this.
iFishMD is offline  
Old 08-05-2019, 08:59 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Merritt Island
Posts: 1,034
Default

I just checked all the sites listed above including Amazon for a BG 5000
Amazon had the best price by far

Last edited by 95wellcraft; 08-05-2019 at 09:08 AM.
95wellcraft is online now  
Old 08-05-2019, 10:23 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LBI NJ
Posts: 2,352
Default

Where are you located? Tackle direct is open and answers all phone calls during EDT business hours. For me here in PA their service has been second to none. Sometimes I even get it next day, no extra charges.

And.... I've waited forever for California based shipping. I only go there for service. TD gets almost everything
Re-Bait is offline  
Old 08-05-2019, 10:36 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Merritt Island
Posts: 1,034
Default

Originally Posted by Re-Bait View Post
Where are you located? Tackle direct is open and answers all phone calls during EDT business hours. For me here in PA their service has been second to none. Sometimes I even get it next day, no extra charges.

And.... I've waited forever for California based shipping. I only go there for service. TD gets almost everything
So you would rather pay $129.99
For the exact same product that you could get for $97.62?
Both is with standard shipping.
jlpose likes this.
95wellcraft is online now  
Old 08-05-2019, 12:06 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Dubai, U.A.E
Posts: 37
Default

Thank you all for the input and advice.

I have been trying to call for the past few days with no luck, sent an email to John and Sales still no reply. Just an Auto-Reply to be patient and expect delays in replying and shipping due to a system upgrade.

Unfortunately I still have not found 1 website that has all the products I am looking for like TackleDirect.. I will wait a day or 2 hoping they reply before buying from multiple vendors.
Tareq is offline  
Old 08-05-2019, 12:11 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 3,473
Default

Melton tackle?
OIReelKeeper is offline  
Old 08-05-2019, 01:01 PM
  #9  
Senior Member (used to be B-Faithful)Captains Club MemberPLEDGER Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 17,083
Default

Originally Posted by Tareq View Post
Thank you all for the input and advice.

I have been trying to call for the past few days with no luck, sent an email to John and Sales still no reply. Just an Auto-Reply to be patient and expect delays in replying and shipping due to a system upgrade.

Unfortunately I still have not found 1 website that has all the products I am looking for like TackleDirect.. I will wait a day or 2 hoping they reply before buying from multiple vendors.

Pick up the phone and call www.AllTackle.com. They will have everything any other place has. Location in Annapolis is great to deal with.
iFishMD is offline  
Old 08-05-2019, 01:20 PM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 372
Default

I received an email explaining that Tackle Direct had implemented a new system that had caused a bunch of problems. This linked to an apology video from their CEO.

I still cant get though on the phone or get a return email from an order they messed up July 23rd.

As a first time customer, I'm done with them.
txtightline likes this.
'74 Jailbreak is offline  
Old 08-05-2019, 03:21 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LBI NJ
Posts: 2,352
Default

Originally Posted by 95wellcraft View Post
So you would rather pay $129.99
For the exact same product that you could get for $97.62?
Both is with standard shipping.
I'm looking at his post and don't see any product mentioned?
Re-Bait is offline  
Old 08-05-2019, 03:30 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Merritt Island
Posts: 1,034
Default

Originally Posted by Re-Bait View Post
I'm looking at his post and don't see any product mentioned?
He asked for alternatives. Which I provided at a substantial savings. You however Insisted on tackle direct.
Also the product I provided was just an example.
I'm sure other products searched would produce similar results.
95wellcraft is online now  
Old 08-05-2019, 04:04 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Merritt Island
Posts: 1,034
Default

Just because I'm bored and have nothing better to do,
I checked out a few popular reels on both Amazon and Tackle Direct..
TLD 25
Sustain
Penn Battle II.
BG
All were from $10 to over $30 more at Tackle Direct.
It's your money.
Spend it how you want.
95wellcraft is online now  
Old 08-06-2019, 04:57 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LBI NJ
Posts: 2,352
Default

What's funny is poster is asking about deliverability to Dubia and you are focusing on price. Have you ever used Amazon for overseas deliveries? I have. Some of their deliveries take 3 to 4 weeks.
Re-Bait is offline  
Old 08-06-2019, 05:26 AM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 32
Default

Try Chaosfishing.com They ship all over and have amazing prices. They also have a huge inventory.
damifino_reg26 likes this.
Traveling1313 is offline  
Old 08-06-2019, 06:09 AM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by Tareq View Post
Hello Everyone,

I hope all is well.

Been trying to get in touch with TackleDirect to make sure they will be able to honor the mentioned shipping dates on their site so I can place my order.

No luck reaching them by email or phone, which sucks because they have everything I'm looking for "in stock" and offer international shipping.

I would rather not get stuck waiting for my gear as everyone else seems to be doing these days due to their system upgrade.

Was wondering if anyone knows an alternative website which has a wide offering of rods and reels etc?

Thanks!
I’ve has a similar experience with TackleDirect. I purchased a fairly expensive reel only to realize I purchased the wrong size once it was delivered. I purchased the correct size and then called to get an RMA to return the first one. I called at least 4 times over a week (during biz hours) and never had anyone answer the phone or return my voice mails. I emailed twice requesting an RMA, again with no response. TD allows a 30-day return window so I sent them the reel via UPS with a note explaining the above and requesting a refund. Reel was delivered over a week ago with still no response from TD or refund of my purchase price.
Tgator96 is offline  
Old 08-06-2019, 08:38 AM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 1,965
Default

I buy almost all my tackle at Tackle Direct, with the balance of my business going to Capt. Harry's. Both have almost identical pricing, but TD does pay shipping on most orders, and/or a discount code at times. But unfortunately I have noticed a big drop off in their customer service recently. They keep posting about issues about their site. Very disappointing, and I know the owners personally. They are great folks and I trust they will eventually get things straightened out. I'm surprised you have been unable to reach them by phone. They have numerous employees manning the phone lines, and do substantial business overseas.
cobraarvey is offline  
Old 08-06-2019, 08:43 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Merritt Island
Posts: 1,034
Default

Originally Posted by cobraarvey View Post
I know the owners personally. They are great folks
Maybe you could call them and help the OP
Out?
95wellcraft is online now  
Old 08-06-2019, 10:28 AM
  #19  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 4,048
Default

Originally Posted by Re-Bait View Post
Where are you located? Tackle direct is open and answers all phone calls during EDT business hours. For me here in PA their service has been second to none. Sometimes I even get it next day, no extra charges.

And.... I've waited forever for California based shipping. I only go there for service. TD gets almost everything
You are wasting your time with TD. I tried calling them a dozen times and am still waiting for an item after a month. I have given up on them and will never do business with them again.
Shin-Dig is offline  
Old 08-06-2019, 10:40 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 461
Default

Bryan at the tackle room has been great to deal with. Ordered stuff Monday, will be here tomorrow! I think they have a THT promo code running now too.

Promo code SUMMER 10% off

https://thetackleroom.com/
SeaCraftJ2 and NuttyElf like this.
SquidsDusky is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread