Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > SportFishing and Charters Forum
Reload this Page >

100 miles offshore alone, with only the wind and a camera

Notices
Like Tree43Likes

100 miles offshore alone, with only the wind and a camera

Old 05-12-2019, 09:45 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Arlington Texas
Posts: 214
Default 100 miles offshore alone, with only the wind and a camera

Hi! I caught a thresher shark, seaturtle, and some flying fish.. I dont know what to do about these dumb videos I make, it seems to me instead of getting better they are getting worse! If you wanna know how to get seasick watch this video!!!!
jcirks, bmw332is, arczr2 and 3 others like this.
marx88 is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 12:02 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: mass/Point Judith, RI dockage
Posts: 11,819
Default

Haven't watched the video, but beware that sea turtles have kind of a special status and if you don't do the release correctly, the internet scorn (not to mention the cg) may be a bit unwelcome......
gerg is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 03:36 AM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sienna Plantation, TX.
Posts: 2,392
Default

Clickbait. This is the guy that cut up the shark last year.
popeyeiii is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 12:19 PM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SE LA
Posts: 5,149
Default

Props to you ........ I don't have the balls to run 90 miles offshore and overnight by myself.
Gmack is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 12:26 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 4,967
Default

Well he caught and let go a thresher shark in this one
keithelder is offline  
Old 05-13-2019, 01:31 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,215
Default

I swear to shit why would anyone post/ video of catching a sea turtle.

I think this fella went to camp a while back and I remember his posts on several occasions..

Not sure what he has to share on this site that is informative and not detrimental to most sportsman as in his prior videos posted here.

Why the snare rope on the shark he intended to release?

His prior stuff doesn't paint a very pretty picture or perception of recreational fishing.
Fissues01 likes this.
20biminitwist is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 07:21 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 878
Default

Originally Posted by 20biminitwist View Post
I swear to shit why would anyone post/ video of catching a sea turtle.

I think this fella went to camp a while back and I remember his posts on several occasions..

Not sure what he has to share on this site that is informative and not detrimental to most sportsman as in his prior videos posted here.

Why the snare rope on the shark he intended to release?

His prior stuff doesn't paint a very pretty picture or perception of recreational fishing.
Yep, he is an embarrassment to recreational fisherman everywhere, shark surfing, turtle catching ect.. Not to mention the click bait titles he posts.
MilesExpress and Fissues01 like this.
lurker25 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 08:14 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bayville, NJ
Posts: 1,440
Default

Nice video....thanks for sharing.
r_ventura_23 is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 09:36 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Arlington Texas
Posts: 214
Default

Listen to these crybaby snowflake bikini twist you are a fraud I saved that turtle he was tangled in some trash and covered in crude oil I didnt know you were such a big hater no wait yea you are call the game warden your just jealous cause I caught more fish in a day than you did your entire life keep trolling
Family Style likes this.
marx88 is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 09:49 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Arlington Texas
Posts: 214
Default

Originally Posted by Gmack View Post
Props to you ........ I don't have the balls to run 90 miles offshore and overnight by myself.
THE WHOLE TRUTH
if you look on there I went from poisiden to black rhino to genisis probably 400 miles i drifted every night in a different direction, I traveled 50 miles easy drifting. I almost got smacked by a cargo ship at 3am. There is a whole other side of these videos you dont get to see because I am too scared to hold the camera. Totally life or death situation. bikini twist is a coward for callin me a poor sport. I'll be at the swole fest june 7 in case anyone wants to show me how a real fisherman gets everything ate up by sharks I guarantee you will get everything on your boat ate by a shark. I am getting to know these
animals real well I appreciate the feedback too I respect the resource and all but there is a huge learning curve if you wanna catch anything besides sharks. My videos perfectly illustrate what happens when you dont know what you are doing. One of these days I'm gonna catch a world record. My next video is gonna have some swimming with dolphins in it too.... maybe my next video will be EXCITING STAY TUNED!
marx88 is offline  
Old 05-23-2019, 06:06 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: florida
Posts: 388
Default

Originally Posted by marx88 View Post
Listen to these crybaby snowflake bikini twist you are a fraud I saved that turtle he was tangled in some trash and covered in crude oil I didnt know you were such a big hater no wait yea you are call the game warden your just jealous cause I caught more fish in a day than you did your entire life keep trolling
If that was the case with the turtle why didn't you show that. You obviously have a shitty rep
Florida Huntfish likes this.
simeoncoleman is offline  
Old 05-23-2019, 06:45 AM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 4,951
Default

Originally Posted by 20biminitwist View Post
I swear to shit why would anyone post/ video of catching a sea turtle.

I think this fella went to camp a while back and I remember his posts on several occasions..

Not sure what he has to share on this site that is informative and not detrimental to most sportsman as in his prior videos posted here.

Why the snare rope on the shark he intended to release?

His prior stuff doesn't paint a very pretty picture or perception of recreational fishing.
probably stuffed a plastic straw in the turtles mouth!
Fish'nFool likes this.
Rolandt03 is offline  
Old 05-23-2019, 07:39 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nashville, 'Merica!
Posts: 1,567
Default

Disappointing video. I expected so much more when I saw the white sunglasses.

BTW...you're fishing too close to the rig. That's why you're only catching cudas and sharks.
Fordy and Fish'nFool like this.
Marlin308 is offline  
Old 05-23-2019, 07:57 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,982
Default

Yeah let me see those bean bags, you drive the boat that’s what you do, open a wedding reception facility show them who’s boss (after the yoga class).
alligatorgar is offline  
Old 05-23-2019, 01:12 PM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 894
Default

Must have had the same English teacher as Tunnles.....
HOmer72 and HarvestTime like this.
surly is offline  
Old 05-23-2019, 03:57 PM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Miami & Key Largo
Posts: 644
Default

Originally Posted by marx88 View Post
THE WHOLE TRUTH
if you look on there I went from poisiden to black rhino to genisis probably 400 miles i drifted every night in a different direction, I traveled 50 miles easy drifting. I almost got smacked by a cargo ship at 3am. There is a whole other side of these videos you dont get to see because I am too scared to hold the camera. Totally life or death situation. bikini twist is a coward for callin me a poor sport. I'll be at the swole fest june 7 in case anyone wants to show me how a real fisherman gets everything ate up by sharks I guarantee you will get everything on your boat ate by a shark. I am getting to know these
animals real well I appreciate the feedback too I respect the resource and all but there is a huge learning curve if you wanna catch anything besides sharks. My videos perfectly illustrate what happens when you dont know what you are doing. One of these days I'm gonna catch a world record. My next video is gonna have some swimming with dolphins in it too.... maybe my next video will be EXCITING STAY TUNED!
pleez for you to make dis in dee eeenglisss so me can capeeesh it grassy ass
EdwardB is offline  
Old 05-24-2019, 04:01 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Fish'nFool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Anywhere but here...
Posts: 24,725
Default

Originally Posted by keithelder View Post
Well he caught and let go a thresher shark in this one
I think if he knew what it was and it was good eating he would have kept it.

And what on earth is a "hard mouthed bass?"
Fish'nFool is offline  
Old 05-24-2019, 09:29 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,874
Default

You people are nuts. Nothing wrong with that video. You can't help what bites your line. Good example of a turtle being released healthy and unharmed. Your a bunch of babies. Your no where to be found when the some of the seiner videos show a complete disregard for marine life.
TUNEE is offline  
Old 05-24-2019, 05:27 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,215
Default

Originally Posted by TUNEE View Post
You people are nuts. Nothing wrong with that video. You can't help what bites your line. Good example of a turtle being released healthy and unharmed. Your a bunch of babies. Your no where to be found when the some of the seiner videos show a complete disregard for marine life.
Then, you explain his other videos. Explain why you rope a shark you intend to release, explain why he is feeding flipper in this video for his entertainment of which is also illegal and really a bad idea as they are becoming an issue from such interaction.

Why not show the struggling/tangled turtle covered in oil as he said. All I saw was a small turtle in his hands being launched back into the water after his moment of fame, a rope on a shark that he released and the feeding of dolphins behind his boat.

What's not to like?

Ain't no wonder he is a 100 miles off by himself.
prowlersfish and bluescholar like this.
20biminitwist is offline  
Old 05-24-2019, 07:37 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,874
Smile

Originally Posted by 20biminitwist View Post
Then, you explain his other videos. Explain why you rope a shark you intend to release, explain why he is feeding flipper in this video for his entertainment of which is also illegal and really a bad idea as they are becoming an issue from such interaction.

Why not show the struggling/tangled turtle covered in oil as he said. All I saw was a small turtle in his hands being launched back into the water after his moment of fame, a rope on a shark that he released and the feeding of dolphins behind his boat.

What's not to like?

Ain't no wonder he is a 100 miles off by himself.
I can't speak for his other videos as I have not seen them. Since when are you the video police. How do you know he intended to release it?Maybe he changed his mind after he roped it. He has the right to do that. Not every posted video on here has to be informative. No wonder people stop posting on here. Stop being a bitch about it. This video does not warrant some of the comments considering everything was released. Btw speeding is also illlegal and you do that every day.
Tdavis7 likes this.
TUNEE is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread