The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (https://www.thehulltruth.com/index.php)
-   SCUBA, Snorkel & Spearfishing Forum (https://www.thehulltruth.com/scuba-snorkel-spearfishing-forum-43/)
-   -   Start tomorrow (https://www.thehulltruth.com/scuba-snorkel-spearfishing-forum/1111842-start-tomorrow.html)

DEBTICATED 08-31-2020 06:04 AM

Start tomorrow
 
After many years of pondering. I start classes tomorrow. Kind of nervous and excited at the same time.

Belzelbub 08-31-2020 03:11 PM


Originally Posted by DEBTICATED (Post 14004637)
After many years of pondering. I start classes tomorrow. Kind of nervous and excited at the same time.

Awesome. Who are you taking classes with?

capt.gene 08-31-2020 03:27 PM

Do not understand any condition eat a box of KFC while under way to your swim test.

DEBTICATED 08-31-2020 03:57 PM


Originally Posted by Belzelbub (Post 14006561)
Awesome. Who are you taking classes with?

Bill Jackson’s. PM me your number. I got a new phone. Will have to get together.

DEBTICATED 08-31-2020 03:59 PM


Originally Posted by capt.gene (Post 14006603)
Do not understand any condition eat a box of KFC while under way to your swim test.

Id rather not shit in their pool on my first night. Lol

Belzelbub 08-31-2020 04:08 PM


Originally Posted by DEBTICATED (Post 14006697)
Bill Jackson’s. PM me your number. I got a new phone. Will have to get together.

Will do. And Definitely.

Bill Jackson’s is good.

grey2112 09-01-2020 04:57 AM

SCUBA? Planning on spearfishing?

DEBTICATED 09-01-2020 05:35 AM


Originally Posted by grey2112 (Post 14007895)
SCUBA? Planning on spearfishing?

Yes sir!

grey2112 09-01-2020 06:25 AM


Originally Posted by DEBTICATED (Post 14008011)
Yes sir!

Let me know when you are ready and maybe you, me, and Belzelbulb can put a trip together on one of our boats.

DEBTICATED 09-01-2020 06:35 AM


Originally Posted by grey2112 (Post 14008216)
Let me know when you are ready and maybe you, me, and Belzelbulb can put a trip together on one of our boats.

Thank you. Going to take it slow to get some practice over the next few months, hopefully be ready by next spring / summer.

grey2112 09-01-2020 07:33 AM

This is the best time of year starting now through December. You will be ready by November to spear. :)

DEBTICATED 09-10-2020 07:46 AM


Originally Posted by capt.gene (Post 14006603)
Do not understand any condition eat a box of KFC while under way to your swim test.

I know what you meant now by eating all that before swim test. LOL

capt.gene 09-10-2020 03:56 PM

If you puke KFC in the pool everyone swims through an oil slick. I know this first hand.

DEBTICATED 09-27-2020 11:47 AM

Did my open water dives this weekend. One tank at rainbow river. Two tanks blue grotto. What an experience! Bill Jackson’s was great.

look forward to learning more and getting out in the Gulf.

grey2112 09-30-2020 06:49 AM


Originally Posted by DEBTICATED (Post 14087316)
Did my open water dives this weekend. One tank at rainbow river. Two tanks blue grotto. What an experience! Bill Jackson’s was great.

look forward to learning more and getting out in the Gulf.

Exactly where I did my open water dives :)

Contact me when you are ready to get out in the Gulf and we'll go find some fish :)

Belzelbub 10-01-2020 08:08 AM


Originally Posted by DEBTICATED (Post 14087316)
Did my open water dives this weekend. One tank at rainbow river. Two tanks blue grotto. What an experience! Bill Jackson’s was great..


Originally Posted by grey2112 (Post 14096055)
Exactly where I did my open water dives :)

Contact me when you are ready to get out in the Gulf and we'll go find some fish :)

Interesting contrast compared to my OW cents. I have 2 OW certs. PADI and YMCA. PADI instructor did not follow standards, so the YMCA cert was needed.

PADI. 1 (maybe 2) dive(s) total. In 8’ near the radio towers off of Gandy bridge. Viz was 3-5’. Your checkout dives were much better.
YMCA. 4 (maybe 5) dives. Deepest was 50’. These were all done off of Key Largo in and around Pennekamp. I think this location was better.

DEBTICATED 10-01-2020 08:49 AM


Originally Posted by Belzelbub (Post 14099298)
Interesting contrast compared to my OW cents. I have 2 OW certs. PADI and YMCA. PADI instructor did not follow standards, so the YMCA cert was needed.

PADI. 1 (maybe 2) dive(s) total. In 8’ near the radio towers off of Gandy bridge. Viz was 3-5’. Your checkout dives were much better.
YMCA. 4 (maybe 5) dives. Deepest was 50’. These were all done off of Key Largo in and around Pennekamp. I think this location was better.

My cert was NAUI


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.