Notices
Like Tree5Likes

Line-X Open Question Thread.

Reply

Old 02-04-2018, 02:49 PM
  #161  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
Marine Advertiser
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,115
Default

Originally Posted by Cool Change1 View Post
Hello Brian, I just saw some pics of a Stainless Marine Bracket that you coated that is going on a 28 WhiteWater. I am interested in your coating on my bracket for my 28 WW as well. If I had the bracket built without the powdercoat will that save me some money at Stainless Marine and at your end.
Also, I am just learning about your product, as far as longevity on a bracket verses powdercoat, what has been the comparative results?


Thanks


Charlie
Charlie,
Thanks for the interest! Brackets run $1000. This includes all the prep if the bracket is bare. In general the thickness runs 90-125 mils. You can hit it with a baseball bat. As long as you use some silicone and 5200 it should be good for life.
Sarasota Line X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:08 PM
  #162  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 100
Default Sounds good..

Thanks for the reply Brian. It looks like you will be doing my bracket for me. I will be putting down a deposit next week on a 28 WW, will you hold that same price for me in two years? Just kidding.
I live up here in Georgia, I hope that when my build is nearing we can arrange to have you pick up the bracket and bring it back from your shop when you are picking up and dropping off other work on the east coast. I look forward to getting my bracket treated by you. Thanks, Charlie.
Sarasota Line X likes this.
Cool Change1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:20 PM
  #163  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South of Pennsyltucky
Posts: 9,409
Default

Sent you a pm about having a set of backrest arms done to match my T-top and leaning post.
Hollywood9s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:10 AM
  #164  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 60
Default Texas

I'm assuming there is no one in Texas doing this still. Would like to get my keel done but trailering all the way the FL just for that would be a no go.


Thanks,
CC
chadc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:02 PM
  #165  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rocky Point Fla
Posts: 6
Default raw epoxy

I have my 24.6' Broadbill decks down and would like to have you do the job of spraying in the 650 Line-X. So my question is: should I seal up the epoxy that's over all the cloth with some type of 2 part barrier cote, or just leave it and sand it all over with 180 or 220 grit.
How much lead time do you need to schedule me in and how long would you need to have it.
Is it still 13 a square ft?
Thanks,
Dan in Stuart FL
Retired - "Every Day is a Holiday"
dherrema is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:40 AM
  #166  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
Marine Advertiser
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,115
Default

Originally Posted by dherrema View Post
I have my 24.6' Broadbill decks down and would like to have you do the job of spraying in the 650 Line-X. So my question is: should I seal up the epoxy that's over all the cloth with some type of 2 part barrier cote, or just leave it and sand it all over with 180 or 220 grit.
How much lead time do you need to schedule me in and how long would you need to have it.
Is it still 13 a square ft?
Thanks,
Dan in Stuart FL
Retired - "Every Day is a Holiday"
We get calls for boats several times a day. I am 95% into a permit that will allow a 3200 sq/ft expansion adding two more spray booths to my operation. I hate having someone's boat when the weather is nice outside. Honestly, we have got very busy with marine OEM work and do not have time slots available that are necessary to do the boats. Each one runs at least two days if it's simple and most bigger projects are every bit of a week. I have tried to schedule in some and hate letting any customers down on timeframe. I am at my shop today unloading a complete setup for the new building so it is coming. But for now, I would hate to promise dates and not hit them.. If you need t tops, brackets or any other parts sprayed we are focused on processing those within a week right now
I will post a shop build thread ASAP to start taking boats in again - Thanks - Brian
Sarasota Line X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:15 AM
  #167  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the 727, FLA
Posts: 2,554
Default

Have you ever done Yamaha Cowlings to match the Grey/Blue OEM color? Can you give me a cost estimate? One of my cowlings is getting scarred up from divers coming up the ladder, its not a huge deal but I can be a little OCD about dings....

[email protected]
Reel Irie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:24 AM
  #168  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the 727, FLA
Posts: 2,554
Default

Originally Posted by Reel Irie View Post
Have you ever done Yamaha Cowlings to match the Grey/Blue OEM color? Can you give me a cost estimate? One of my cowlings is getting scarred up from divers coming up the ladder, its not a huge deal but I can be a little OCD about dings....

[email protected]
any feedback on this?
Reel Irie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:46 AM
  #169  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
Marine Advertiser
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,115
Default

Originally Posted by Reel Irie View Post
any feedback on this?
yes sir we can match the Yamaha Grey -
Bed liner on outboard motor
Sarasota Line X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:59 AM
  #170  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the 727, FLA
Posts: 2,554
Default

Thanks -- the top of the 250s look pretty good -- I may swap mine for the year so the other one gets dinged up then get them fixed next year
Sarasota Line X likes this.
Reel Irie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:49 PM
  #171  
pas
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 1,884
Default

Can you spray Line X over wood or concrete? Can it be sprayed with a Graco E10HP?
pas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:50 PM
  #172  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
Marine Advertiser
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,115
Default

Originally Posted by pas View Post
Can you spray Line X over wood or concrete? Can it be sprayed with a Graco E10HP?
yes. Wood is easy. Concrete you need to look at moisture transmission. What cha got in mind?
pas likes this.
Sarasota Line X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:16 PM
  #173  
pas
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 1,884
Default

I am thinking there are a number of outdoor surfaces, docks, upstairs terraces that never get used, at my Bahamas place that could use a "permanent" coating so they never need messing with for a loong time. I asked about the E10HP because I have one for sprayfoam and coatings jobs and also since I can bring it over on the boat to insulate my place over there when I renovate it. I figured if I could provide the machine would make it easier for you to provide labor once the materials arrived. Maybe we could trade some house rental for some work.
Sarasota Line X likes this.
pas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:24 AM
  #174  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
Marine Advertiser
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,115
Default

Originally Posted by pas View Post
I am thinking there are a number of outdoor surfaces, docks, upstairs terraces that never get used, at my Bahamas place that could use a "permanent" coating so they never need messing with for a loong time. I asked about the E10HP because I have one for sprayfoam and coatings jobs and also since I can bring it over on the boat to insulate my place over there when I renovate it. I figured if I could provide the machine would make it easier for you to provide labor once the materials arrived. Maybe we could trade some house rental for some work.
Give me a call to discuss it! I like the idea but not the part about going to the Bahamas to spray lol. Give me a call when your free (941) 524-8500 is my cell

Last edited by Sarasota Line X; 05-14-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Sarasota Line X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:38 PM
  #175  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rocky Point Fla
Posts: 6
Default

Are you back up and running with the new building? What is the scheduling process.
What primer is best. I currently have all bare fiberglass, or can you just shoot Line X over that?
dherrema is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:57 AM
  #176  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
Marine Advertiser
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,115
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dherrema View Post
Are you back up and running with the new building? What is the scheduling process.
What primer is best. I currently have all bare fiberglass, or can you just shoot Line X over that?
Very close to breaking ground! I wish I could take in boats but I am unable to until the new shop is built. I will post a build thread soon
Sarasota Line X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:28 AM
  #177  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2
Default Quote

How much would it cost for y’all to do a 17 foot Carolina skiff, With no deck, console, or motor on it? And how long would it take if everything is ready for it to be sprayed?
FlaTsMAsTErr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:24 PM
  #178  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
Marine Advertiser
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,115
Default

Originally Posted by FlaTsMAsTErr View Post
How much would it cost for y’all to do a 17 foot Carolina skiff, With no deck, console, or motor on it? And how long would it take if everything is ready for it to be sprayed?
Thanks for the Interest in Line-X for your boat. Please shoot me a few pictures if possible - [email protected] - Brian
Sarasota Line X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:24 PM
  #179  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2
Default

Email is sent with pictures. Thank you for your timely response
FlaTsMAsTErr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:25 PM
  #180  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
Marine Advertiser
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,115
Default

Originally Posted by FlaTsMAsTErr View Post
Email is sent with pictures. Thank you for your timely response
Email sent. Please feel free to give me a call as I would like to discuss your skiff with you. Thanks in advance - Brian (941) 524-8500 is my cell
Sarasota Line X is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: