Notices

WTB Verado rigging

Old 03-07-2019, 05:29 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 69
Default WTB Verado rigging

8M0079498 Rigging kit DTS

892380K11 Power steering kit

891661T05 Command Module

8M0101097 SmartTach SC1000

Mikey_Fin is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 07:40 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 72
Default

If you donít have any luck finding used components, reach out to Offshore Performance Specialties in Fort Myers. I just purchased all new rigging for a single engine and they were a huge help. Their prices are the best I could find too.

Iíll be very upset with myself if this pays off for you! Ha. Itís expensivs rigging these guys!
Sroufenator is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 08:29 PM
  #3  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hahira Georgia
Posts: 710
Default

How much was rigging for a single?
Ive thought about changing over, but I hear rigging from Yamaha to Merc is costly.
bradshaw is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 06:16 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 72
Default

Iím at $3,500 without gauges. All steering components with new tilt helm, DTS controls, 14pin harness, clean power harness.

In addition, I got a vessel link ($530) and found a guy local to me that has a simrad Go7 for $320.

I will rig it myself as the shop preprogrammed my DTS with my engine serial.

All together Iím at $4,300. I budgeted $3,300 before I bought my Verado, but the steering hoses, bulkhead and stuff added up. I gotta sell all this Yamaha rigging before my wife goes crazy!
Sroufenator is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 06:31 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 69
Default

Originally Posted by Mikey_Fin View Post
8M0079498 Rigging kit DTS

892380K11 Power steering kit

891661T05 Command Module

8M0101097 SmartTach SC1000
Originally Posted by Sroufenator View Post
Iím at $3,500 without gauges. All steering components with new tilt helm, DTS controls, 14pin harness, clean power harness.

In addition, I got a vessel link ($530) and found a guy local to me that has a simrad Go7 for $320.

I will rig it myself as the shop preprogrammed my DTS with my engine serial.

All together Iím at $4,300. I budgeted $3,300 before I bought my Verado, but the steering hoses, bulkhead and stuff added up. I gotta sell all this Yamaha rigging before my wife goes crazy!
​​​​​That sounds about right I was quoted $4k by a great source. I'm trying to offset the costs a bit, hence the thread.
Mikey_Fin is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 09:36 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 3,036
Default

Mike Wood @ Coastal Marine Export. Much cheaper than Offshore in Ft. Myers and he delivered to my door himself. I rigged two stations with him and many other hoses etc and he always was the best out there.

I do have left over key and ignition sets, Accessory Power supply and other misc hoses
Castrohasanafro is offline  
Old 03-08-2019, 12:03 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Beacon Ny, Forked River
Posts: 331
Default

I've been banging my head all winter trying to find stuff. Single engine rigging is non existent.
keith ohanesian is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 03:06 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 69
Default

Originally Posted by Castrohasanafro View Post
Mike Wood @ Coastal Marine Export. Much cheaper than Offshore in Ft. Myers and he delivered to my door himself. I rigged two stations with him and many other hoses etc and he always was the best out there.

I do have left over key and ignition sets, Accessory Power supply and other misc hoses
Will check them out. Thanks!
Mikey_Fin is offline  
Old 03-10-2019, 05:02 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,987
Default

Originally Posted by Mikey_Fin View Post
8M0079498 Rigging kit DTS

892380K11 Power steering kit

891661T05 Command Module

8M0101097 SmartTach SC1000

What year and hp is your engine?
Shin-Dig is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 05:07 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 69
Default

Originally Posted by Shin-Dig View Post
What year and hp is your engine?
2006 Verado 275
Mikey_Fin is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 09:28 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 3,987
Default

Originally Posted by Mikey_Fin View Post
2006 Verado 275
I know you contacted me previously, but these will work with your engine as they were originally on a 2005 Verado 275 and then 2015 300's with both the new and previous version binnacle. They were fully operational last week when removed, Mercury indicates they can be re-flashed too, however regardless of the vintage, the command module(s) will need to be programmed to the serial # of your engine(s) which requires the Mercury software. It takes a technician approx. 15-20 minutes to run the software to program one/both.

Mercury DTS Command modules 891661-005 version 70
Shin-Dig is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread