Notices
Like Tree1Likes

Jim's Dock RI

Old 03-11-2019, 01:50 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Point Judith, RI
Posts: 112
Default Jim's Dock RI

Did something happen to them? their website is down, phone number out of service and facebook inactive. They posted they had open slips, but i haven't heard back from them since December when i first contacted.
rifisher88 is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 04:38 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pt judith ri
Posts: 519
Default

Off season for them, no one answers the phone. They wont answer the phone until mothers day usually. If you send them a facebook message Lona usually responds. I talked to her a month ago to get on the waiting list for the dock.
ky87le is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 07:56 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Point Judith, RI
Posts: 112
Default

Originally Posted by ky87le View Post
Off season for them, no one answers the phone. They wont answer the phone until mothers day usually. If you send them a facebook message Lona usually responds. I talked to her a month ago to get on the waiting list for the dock.
ah okay, that make sense then, They were holding a slip for me, ill contact on Facebook. Has anyone ever docked there before? Wondering how it is
rifisher88 is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 05:28 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MA/RI
Posts: 3,914
Default

Originally Posted by rifisher88 View Post


ah okay, that make sense then, They were holding a slip for me, ill contact on Facebook. Has anyone ever docked there before? Wondering how it is
busy and tight....what size boat?

AlloyToy is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 05:53 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Exeter RI
Posts: 292
Default

Be warned Jim's Dock has very limited parking
Rez123 is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 06:53 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Point Judith, RI
Posts: 112
Default

Originally Posted by AlloyToy View Post
busy and tight....what size boat?
Just under 24 foot hull it’s basically between Jim’s dock, marina bay docking, matunuck marina and stone cove at this point. My sale on the boat didn’t finalize until this week, so didn’t want to put a deposit anywhere until i knew exactly what I had.Everywhere else seems to be booked out at this point and I really prefer to be in the pond.
rifisher88 is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 07:54 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Boston and RI
Posts: 564
Default

How about the dry stack at Point View?
crow. is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 08:15 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Point Judith, RI
Posts: 112
Default

Originally Posted by crow. View Post
How about the dry stack at Point View?
never done dry storage before, but i tend to fish at random hours during the week because of work. So i think dry storage would cut down on my potential time on water.
rifisher88 is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:28 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MA/RI
Posts: 3,914
Default

Originally Posted by rifisher88 View Post


Just under 24 foot hull itís basically between Jimís dock, marina bay docking, matunuck marina and stone cove at this point. My sale on the boat didnít finalize until this week, so didnít want to put a deposit anywhere until i knew exactly what I had.Everywhere else seems to be booked out at this point and I really prefer to be in the pond.
Did you inquire up in the pond on the north end???? Generally a bit cheaper per foot......


AlloyToy is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:39 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Point Judith, RI
Posts: 112
Default

Originally Posted by AlloyToy View Post
Did you inquire up in the pond on the north end???? Generally a bit cheaper per foot......
what area would that be? new to the salt pond. I tried ram point, stone cove and silver spring, all booked out except stone cove at this point
rifisher88 is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 11:31 AM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 2,968
Default

Originally Posted by rifisher88 View Post
what area would that be? new to the salt pond. I tried ram point, stone cove and silver spring, all booked out except stone cove at this point
I'm surprised Ram Point and Silver Spring are fully booked I'm guessing the economy is a little better than some may think. If they are booked then Point Judith and Point view should be full as well.
captpepin is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 01:26 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 383
Default

One of the marina managers said that when the IRS checks start arriving, they start running out of slips.

I reserved a slip in Greenwich Bay, because I don't know where my next house will be, and I can get out on the bay if it's crappy offshore.

Hell, I'm even looking at houses in Westerly. It'll be a long drive to the boat.
RickC137 is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 01:36 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Point Judith, RI
Posts: 112
Default

yep it seems like its not just the PJ area, my brother was looking into moving from his current marina in Swansea and all his preferred options are already booked out, so he is staying there for another season at least.
rifisher88 is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:43 AM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Exeter RI
Posts: 292
Default

Originally Posted by RickC137 View Post
One of the marina managers said that when the IRS checks start arriving, they start running out of slips.

I reserved a slip in Greenwich Bay, because I don't know where my next house will be, and I can get out on the bay if it's crappy offshore.

Hell, I'm even looking at houses in Westerly. It'll be a long drive to the boat.

Look for a slip in Westerly. Much better the Greenwich bay
Rez123 is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 08:35 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: RI
Posts: 1,503
Default

How about Lockwood's? It's a little tight, but my friend had a 23 CC Wellcraft there for years.

Dutch Harbor Marina in Jamestown is pretty easy to get to from the mainland as well, but I believe it's mostly moorings.
SweetD is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 11:41 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Saunderstown / Pt Judith, RI
Posts: 1,665
Default

stone cove is solid.

has all your basic needs. it's a far cry from a dump but if you're looking to be pampered, it ain't it.
Sin Bin fishing RI is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:08 PM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pt judith ri
Posts: 519
Default

Call Seafreeze shoreside in point judith. Ask for Joanne. Shes the manager for channel marina over next to snug harbor. I just left because i got a bigger boat and it wont fit there so i know they have a spot open and you would fit perfect. Electric and water included $125 a foot, cant beat it.
ky87le is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:19 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Saunderstown / Pt Judith, RI
Posts: 1,665
Default

Originally Posted by ky87le View Post
Call Seafreeze shoreside in point judith. Ask for Joanne. Shes the manager for channel marina over next to snug harbor. I just left because i got a bigger boat and it wont fit there so i know they have a spot open and you would fit perfect. Electric and water included $125 a foot, cant beat it.
what happened to that sweet whaler?

loved looking at it in passing.
Sin Bin fishing RI is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:44 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pt judith ri
Posts: 519
Default

Well technically i still own it... i am trying to sell currently. I do love it but My family has just outgrown it, we like to stay on it as much as possible in the summer and with 3 kids and a dog its too tight to do comfortably, so i found a good deal on a bigger boat and went for it.
ky87le is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:21 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 383
Default

Originally Posted by Rez123 View Post
Look for a slip in Westerly. Much better the Greenwich bay
Maybe next year, if we buy in Westerly. Otherwise it'll be PJ pond or Allen Harbor.
RickC137 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread