Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > REGIONAL BOATING & FISHING GROUPS > Northeast
Reload this Page >

The official 2019 south shore long island fishing season thread!

Notices
Like Tree125Likes

The official 2019 south shore long island fishing season thread!

Old 02-19-2019, 06:14 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Islip, NY
Posts: 700
Default The official 2019 south shore long island fishing season thread!

Discuss your plans for this season whether it be boat, maintenance, fishing updates etc. Last year the thread was awesome and filled with great material. Lets do it again!


My new Accurate BV-300 and Daiwa Proteus rod
RYAN S. is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 12:41 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,239
Default

Nice rod/reel setup.

My off season plans have included the following:

Swapped out all of my Truth SG's for Shimano Tranx
Purchased a large collection of custom plugs (I love plugging)
Traded in my collection of gold Avet 5.3's and 5.3 SXJ
Ordered some offshore gear, being put together
Scored a nice lot of bucktails/teasers from a THTer for tying fluke rigs
Scored 6 mint condition Abu Garcia reels from at THTer for when we take kids or guests out (instead of handing them a $$$$ combo)

My flats boat (Chaos) is all set to go. Other boat is indoors, detailed and ready to go!!!
Plan is to hit the water on nice days starting April with the little boat and scout the back bays and then go from there.
Avid 24 is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 07:47 AM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 42
Default

My goal is to get repower my boat n catch some sharks and tuna. That’s really it. Also spearfishing block island.
Phishdaddy is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 07:36 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Islip, NY
Posts: 700
Default

Went to pick up my fixed rod tip on one of my rods today from J&H tackle and ended up with a new and freshly spooled Shimano Saragosa 6000sw. Whoops! Lol. Have two of them now
Egrzan likes this.
RYAN S. is offline  
Old 02-22-2019, 07:16 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Islip, NY
Posts: 700
Default



getting my new Kicker Marine head unit custom radio housing sent out to be gel coated the same color as my Scout Dorado 175 next week. Factory head unit is crap and terrible location. Relocating and rewiring it. Gonna look sweet!!
RYAN S. is offline  
Old 02-22-2019, 07:27 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sharon, Ma.
Posts: 2,783
Default

Ryan, where have you been?! No more winter forecasts??
South of Heaven is offline  
Old 02-22-2019, 07:38 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Islip, NY
Posts: 700
Default

Originally Posted by South of Heaven View Post
Ryan, where have you been?! No more winter forecasts??
I've been around. SLOW winter and many forecasts including ours on the forum i run are going to fail miserably in the snowfall department. Its been tough to put it midly. Beginning of March to the 15th looks like our best shot for snowstorms on the East Coast but even that i am not 100% sold on. Yet. For a weak El Nino Modoki, it was literally historically underwhelming and the reasons were from teleconnectors not foreseen as being destructive but were ( i wont get into it technically because it will put you to sleep lol ).

That said, i am Mildly confident in an Above Normal to Well above normal temperature regime from End of march and through most of the summer but not as wet (as far as i can see so far). For fishing, at least on long island will mean water temps wont take forever to warm up like they did last year.
RYAN S. is offline  
Old 02-22-2019, 07:48 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Sharon, Ma.
Posts: 2,783
Default

Originally Posted by RYAN S. View Post
I've been around. SLOW winter and many forecasts including ours on the forum i run are going to fail miserably in the snowfall department. Its been tough to put it midly. Beginning of March to the 15th looks like our best shot for snowstorms on the East Coast but even that i am not 100% sold on. Yet. For a weak El Nino Modoki, it was literally historically underwhelming and the reasons were from teleconnectors not foreseen as being destructive but were ( i wont get into it technically because it will put you to sleep lol ).

That said, i am Mildly confident in an Above Normal to Well above normal temperature regime from End of march and through most of the summer but not as wet (as far as i can see so far). For fishing, at least on long island will mean water temps wont take forever to warm up like they did last year.
Yeah, this winter in Boston has been such an anomaly. I can't remember a winter with such low snow totals and warm temps before. I'm not complaining, I love it!

Sorry for getting you off track on this thread, glad you posted again on here man.
South of Heaven is offline  
Old 02-23-2019, 09:54 AM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Islip, NY
Posts: 700
Default

Originally Posted by South of Heaven View Post
Yeah, this winter in Boston has been such an anomaly. I can't remember a winter with such low snow totals and warm temps before. I'm not complaining, I love it!

Sorry for getting you off track on this thread, glad you posted again on here man.
Lol. Dude its fine. Sorry you couldn't see more top notch analysis on my forum when we track snowstorms during the winter. We started a new nationwide severe section too.

anyway, hope your having a great time on your boat in Boston. Think the water temperatures will warm up quicker for you this spring too
RYAN S. is offline  
Old 02-23-2019, 10:00 AM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Islip, NY
Posts: 700
Default


got three low profile baitcaster combos i am trying to get rid of to make room for a new Daiwa Exist 3012. If you are on LI shoot me an offer!. (Yes, i know this is not the F/S thread)
RYAN S. is offline  
Old 02-23-2019, 10:14 AM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: CT
Posts: 143
Default

www.premieryachtservice.com for fishing charters
CaptainRich5053 is offline  
Old 02-24-2019, 02:12 AM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Howard Beach Queens
Posts: 34
Default

Just purchased a 35 Duffy out of Marryland. In the process of doing some finishing work. Will be fishing out of the Rockaways.
look for me offshore, George tattoo on the Martina Dee!
Georgetattoo is offline  
Old 02-24-2019, 05:17 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Islip, NY
Posts: 700
Default


some brand new tackle for fluking season delivered yesterday. Used Salvos stuff last season with great success, especially with Jig Strips and some gulp.

got more stuff coming from him either this week or next week and some other bucktails and teasers in "rasta" finish hopefully beginning of March too.

my recommissioning of my boat and detailing of it is slated to take place April 8th, that week i will be getting my tachometer gauge replaced as well (under warranty and LCD screen crapped out end of last season).
RYAN S. is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 12:00 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: darkest side of Valhalla
Posts: 1,234
Default

Ordered led courtesys. Thermos. Filters. ECT .
updating the 2nd ff. Cover off in about 3 weeks .Then the real fun, its going to be Yr 20 for my lil cc.
Got homemade marinated baits from last season.
more fun and cheaper than buying them thar gulps.
And I ain't buying anymore tackle until I open up the stuff I bought last year . A decision I give about 2 weeks .
weaks4u is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 02:16 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 149
Default

Will do George, in the Rockaways also.
biggesttuna is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 11:05 PM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Howard Beach Queens
Posts: 34
Default

Awesome biggs, what’s the make and name of your rig?
Georgetattoo is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 05:59 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 149
Default

Originally Posted by Georgetattoo View Post
Awesome biggs, what’s the make and name of your rig?
Calvi Beal South Shore' Apocalypse'
Lenbomb412 likes this.
biggesttuna is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 02:44 AM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Islip, NY
Posts: 700
Default

Got to meet Avid 24 last night when he purchased my now previously owned NEW Shimano Saragosa 6000sw. Awesome guy and definitely looking forward to seeing him more both on the water and off the water
RYAN S. is offline  
Old 03-01-2019, 09:26 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,239
Default

Ryan nice to meet you as well.
Avid 24 is offline  
Old 03-02-2019, 12:05 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: darkest side of Valhalla
Posts: 1,234
Default

Originally Posted by weaks4u View Post
Ordered led courtesys. Thermos. Filters. ECT .
updating the 2nd ff. Cover off in about 3 weeks .Then the real fun, its going to be Yr 20 for my lil cc.
Got homemade marinated baits from last season.
more fun and cheaper than buying them thar gulps.
And I ain't buying anymore tackle until I open up the stuff I bought last year . A decision I give about 2 weeks .
lol not even a week and just ordered 2 dozen Hoggy teasers....My name is Dave and I have a problem .
weaks4u is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread