Notices
Northeast
 Spurs Marine

Conch 27 ?

Old 04-03-2017, 06:30 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 26
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Conch 27 ?

Hey guys, I know this is a long shot here but I'm looking to buy a Conch 27. I don't see many up here in the Northeast but figured it was worth a shot to ask if anyone knew of any for sale or that may be soon. Any leads are greatly appreciated. Please PM me with any info.
Thanks,
Nathan
Old 04-03-2017, 01:09 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 810
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Natecape View Post
Hey guys, I know this is a long shot here but I'm looking to buy a Conch 27. I don't see many up here in the Northeast but figured it was worth a shot to ask if anyone knew of any for sale or that may be soon. Any leads are greatly appreciated. Please PM me with any info.
Thanks,
Nathan
crazy prices used. build a new single engine with r&r and youd be better off i think.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:30 PM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Onset, MA
Posts: 4,714
Received 402 Likes on 265 Posts
Default

call some of the charter captains . . . see if they want to sell.

Cullen Lundholm = Cape Star Charters.
Eric Stapelfeld = Hairball Charters.

There are roughly 100 E+D 27's total and R+R has made 17 total since 2007 (17 - 27ft conchs / 10years = 1.7 conchs / year). Pretty sure they have a 2 year waiting list now. The 1st 30 conch (27 with a euro) just sold for $230,000 (about 80k over what it cost new). Good luck. If you want one . . . best jump on one of the 2 used ones for sale.

Last edited by BigShrimpin; 04-03-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:25 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Cape cod
Posts: 599
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

i think you can have a new one built with a single 300 for about $125. have you fished a conch 27 or looked at any other boats in this size range?
Old 04-03-2017, 04:56 PM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 12,880
Received 1,769 Likes on 836 Posts
Default

I have a breakdown of the coasts from a trip to the Factorey in January. If I can find it I'll mail it to you. 125 is close for a bare boat single. They want to build the bigger boats not the 27/30 class.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:31 AM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 26
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BigShrimpin View Post
call some of the charter captains . . . see if they want to sell.

Cullen Lundholm = Cape Star Charters.
Eric Stapelfeld = Hairball Charters.

There are roughly 100 E+D 27's total and R+R has made 17 total since 2007 (17 - 27ft conchs / 10years = 1.7 conchs / year). Pretty sure they have a 2 year waiting list now. The 1st 30 conch (27 with a euro) just sold for $230,000 (about 80k over what it cost new). Good luck. If you want one . . . best jump on one of the 2 used ones for sale.
BigShrimpin, I've spoke with Cullen in the fall and don't believe he is trying to sell, as he's only had the boat for one season. I will reach out to Eric if need be. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:35 AM
  #7  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 26
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ubettcha13 View Post
I have a breakdown of the coasts from a trip to the Factorey in January. If I can find it I'll mail it to you. 125 is close for a bare boat single. They want to build the bigger boats not the 27/30 class.
Yes, I have met with R&R and had it priced out as well, $125 is accurate for a very basic single engine boat. I plan to go to their shop in May. No need to mail the cost break down, thanks for the offer tho.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:47 AM
  #8  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 26
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Maritime ditch View Post
i think you can have a new one built with a single 300 for about $125. have you fished a conch 27 or looked at any other boats in this size range?
Maritime Ditch, I have never fished a Conch, but have crawled around one and seen a few others. I like the layout and the fishability. Its suits me perfect. Other boats i have looked at are Regulator 26's (classics) and a few different Cape Cod/Albin 26's. And one Contender 30T that was for sale over the winter in Hyannis. The Contender was nice and very solid. I always get my hopes up for the CC/Albin26's and I'm never impressed. The ride is great but there are always a few things that hold me back from buying.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:04 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 12,880
Received 1,769 Likes on 836 Posts
Default

The conch people were very cool to talk with and walk through their shop. Sea vee is just around the corner on the main road you turn off to get to the cul de sac Conch is on. There are alot of boat industry shops in the industrial park area. Not to mention Ocean Master is not far away as well. The 27 OM compares in more than a few ways as well
Good luck in your search
Old 04-04-2017, 10:23 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas..
Posts: 6,250
Received 1,282 Likes on 686 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ubettcha13 View Post
I have a breakdown of the coasts from a trip to the Factorey in January. If I can find it I'll mail it to you. 125 is close for a bare boat single. They want to build the bigger boats not the 27/30 class.
That seems like a good deal - $100K for a bare 27' hull..guess you prob get a bilge pump tho
Old 04-04-2017, 04:09 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston/Cape Cod
Posts: 1,283
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

A local member Chathamblue30 has a new Conch 30 - It is beautiful . No clue what that cost but he may have some feedback for you.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:50 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Onset, MA
Posts: 4,714
Received 402 Likes on 265 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Captain Frosty View Post
A local member Chathamblue30 has a new Conch 30 - It is beautiful . No clue what that cost but he may have some feedback for you.
Mark's boat is amazing!! He's a great guy. Send him a PM.

The regulator 26 is a PIG. Cullen dumped his for the Conch and is much happier.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:03 PM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Cape cod
Posts: 599
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BigShrimpin View Post
Mark's boat is amazing!! He's a great guy. Send him a PM.

The regulator 26 is a PIG. Cullen dumped his for the Conch and is much happier.
Cullen's boat might be the ultimate inshore boat. Rides great and almost 3mpg. Only one I have seen up here with a single.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:23 AM
  #14  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 26
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Yea, Cullen said that the Conch beats the Regulator 26 in all aspects. Says it is a FAR better boat. I've moved my search away from the regs. If it comes down to getting one built, I will go with the 27 rather than the 30. Both boats use the same mold, just not into the Euro transom and the extra cost of building a 30.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:51 AM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Cape cod
Posts: 599
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

Have you looked at the onslow 27? Brad just posted a few used ones on his Facebook page?
Old 04-06-2017, 08:26 AM
  #16  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Falmouth, Massachusetts
Posts: 77
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Just saw a really nice one for sale on Facebook today, look up Damien Romeo.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:45 AM
  #17  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 26
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TideTyler View Post
Just saw a really nice one for sale on Facebook today, look up Damien Romeo.
Thanks for the heads up, I don't have facebook is there another way I can find it?
Old 04-06-2017, 08:48 AM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 589
Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Is the one on the Conch page sold?
Old 04-06-2017, 09:53 AM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Cape cod
Posts: 599
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

2010 27 onslow bay for sale
950 hrs on twin 300 Mercury Verados
Marlin Blue Sides and White Bottom with Silver Metallic Boot Stripe
Key West Console
Garmin Electronics
Icom VHF's
Fusion Stereo
Taco outriggers
Canon downriggers
High speed pickups
Leaning post live well and stern livewell
Road king trailer
Curtains
Bolsters
$105,000 Call Jason Baker at 252-943-5675
Old 04-06-2017, 09:54 AM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Cape cod
Posts: 599
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts
Default

2012 27ft Onslow Bay For Sale
Onslow Bay For Sale.
2012 solid white with the works.
Twin 300 Yamahas 4.2's
Appx 650 hours
Looks as close to new as any 2012 can.
$120,000.00
I'll post more later, or call 252-236-2450.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.