Notices

Mobile Boat Wrapping - Bridgewater Area

Reply

Old 10-26-2015, 07:20 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 159
Default Mobile Boat Wrapping - Bridgewater Area

Good Morning,

I'm looking to have someone come to our house to shrink wrap our boat. It's a 28' express style with a hard top and an 11' beam. I've had a few people tell me it's too big for them to wrap it. Any tried and true recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Looking for someone on the South Shore of Massachusetts. Thanks!
mrscoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:11 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mass
Posts: 1,934
Default

774 319 1006 [email protected] unlimited offshore.

Mobil services @$10'

Whoever told u its too big is incompetent.

Tell him mike sent ya.
scarab63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:20 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 159
Default

I wouldn't say incompetent, just honest.
The boat is almost 12' wide with a hard top and with the pulpit over 30' long. If the person who's doing the wrapping only has 24' wide wrap, then he's being honest telling me that it won't cover as far down the sides of the boat as he would like it to.
I'm sorry I didn't supply that information in my earlier post. It would have clarified the situation.
mrscoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:15 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Plymouth Ma.
Posts: 7,779
Default

Originally Posted by scarab63 View Post
774 319 1006 [email protected] unlimited offshore. Mobil services @$10' Whoever told u its too big is incompetent. Tell him mike sent ya.
when I used to shrink wrap boats I would pass on all of the big boats not because it was too hard or I was incompetent but I could get many smaller boats done in a day and make more money. Guys with the big boats didn't want to pay what it would take to make it worth my while, and I wouldn't even think of looking at a 12' wide hardtop boat for less than $12 ft. All about linear footage, I could do 60ft of runabout in the same time it takes to do 30ft of big boat, and use less material .
CMEBoston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:36 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mass
Posts: 1,934
Default

Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
I wouldn't say incompetent, just honest.
The boat is almost 12' wide with a hard top and with the pulpit over 30' long. If the person who's doing the wrapping only has 24' wide wrap, then he's being honest telling me that it won't cover as far down the sides of the boat as he would like it to.
I'm sorry I didn't supply that information in my earlier post. It would have clarified the situation.
Originally Posted by CMEBoston View Post
when I used to shrink wrap boats I would pass on all of the big boats not because it was too hard or I was incompetent but I could get many smaller boats done in a day and make more money. Guys with the big boats didn't want to pay what it would take to make it worth my while, and I wouldn't even think of looking at a 12' wide hardtop boat for less than $12 ft. All about linear footage, I could do 60ft of runabout in the same time it takes to do 30ft of big boat, and use less material .
I guess I didn't understand. .... I interpreted it as " your boats too big to wrap"

Not " your boats too big for ME to wrap"

I'm with ya CME. Its a tough way to make a few extra $ especially when the wind starts to blow on larger boats. Its cut throat and a lot of guys will do it cheap though

Last edited by scarab63; 10-26-2015 at 09:50 AM.
scarab63 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:51 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 159
Default

When I was typing I knew what the guy had told me, and it didn't occur to me that it was going to come out strangely to someone who wasn't involved in the conversation. It's a different world moving up to a larger boat and figuring out all the ins and outs of this. Next year I think I'll suck it up and have it winterized and wrapped before they bring it back to the house. Then it's just done. Unfortunately, we hauled it without considering that.
mrscoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:18 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Plymouth Ma.
Posts: 7,779
Default

Originally Posted by scarab63 View Post
I guess I didn't understand. .... I interpreted it as " your boats too big to wrap"

Not " your boats too big for ME to wrap"

I'm with ya CME. Its a tough way to make a few extra $ especially when the wind starts to blow on larger boats. Its cut throat and a lot of guys will do it cheap though
lol, ask my old boss, no boat is too big to wrap!!!!! we used to do a 60ft motor yacht in the water on the Charles river....... never again.... they make wrap up to 40 ft wide (maybe wider) but the total length was very short, every roll weighed the same. I used to carry 20W and 36 Wide, using the 36W stuff sideways on the 24 foot class boats.
CMEBoston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:39 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 159
Default

I realized I never came back in to update what we ended up doing. We had Black Diamond Marine out of Bridgewater come out to our house and wrap the boat. I was more than pleased with the job they did and the people I dealt with. I'll definitely use them again in the future.
mrscoach is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread