Notices

Stripers reports NJ?

Old 10-13-2019, 02:08 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 89
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Stripers reports NJ?

I know the fish are up by the Raritan and Hudson, but anybody see and south of the Shrewsbury!
Old 10-13-2019, 02:28 PM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
Posts: 46
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Went out to the sea isle lump today and caught a skunk. not hearing much in sj besides 8" blues.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:58 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 89
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

I'm out of shark river. I know Spanish mackerel were on mullet but haven't seen any stripes. My buddy is out of Morgan's Creek ( Raritan) and he's doing good on big fish. I don't want to go all the way up there and around the hook.
they should be here soon if there's any left.
Most guys never heard of catch n release 😠
Likes:
Old 10-14-2019, 10:24 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New Jersey, Top of the pines and by the shore
Posts: 568
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Booner View Post
I'm out of shark river. I know Spanish mackerel were on mullet but haven't seen any stripes. My buddy is out of Morgan's Creek ( Raritan) and he's doing good on big fish. I don't want to go all the way up there and around the hook.
they should be here soon if there's any left.
Most guys never heard of catch n release 😠
if you catch your one or two fish and go home thatís not too bad especially if their not big breeders. Spend a day catching dozens in catch and release how many survive? Iíve seen sportsmen pretty rough when releasing fish. May be killing more fish than the guy who takes one or to for the table.
Its all debatable.
Remember too that while we all love fishing not everyone is made of money. If you spend the basic money needed to fish it can help if itís helping the family grocery budget.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:10 AM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 89
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Lt. Mike,, agree 100%
Old 10-14-2019, 12:25 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toms River NJ
Posts: 237
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

Heard of a lot off big bass caught in NY so they should be starting to push south, hopefully itís a good fall run
Old 10-14-2019, 01:19 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Margate NJ Barnegat light NJ
Posts: 712
Received 228 Likes on 128 Posts
Default

I am looking forward to a good run after last years blow out, the fish pushed 5-10 miles out of reach. Now 2017 was amazing, a repeat of that would be great!
Old 10-15-2019, 06:17 AM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 163 Likes on 59 Posts
Default

The earliest I have caught them is October 25. But I usually wait til mid November. Hoping the fall run is as good as the last two years.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:59 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New Jersey, Top of the pines and by the shore
Posts: 568
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jbros198 View Post
I am looking forward to a good run after last years blow out, the fish pushed 5-10 miles out of reach. Now 2017 was amazing, a repeat of that would be great!
2017 was really good and I feel a little better now about missing last years fall run. Had a lot going on, this year Iíve got my gear in order and am ready to go. Canít wait
Old 10-15-2019, 01:38 PM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,321
Received 204 Likes on 117 Posts
Default

No bunker, bass or blues outside of Barnegat yesterday.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:49 PM
  #11  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 89
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

I'm really hoping another week or two they show up
Old 10-15-2019, 03:52 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toms River NJ
Posts: 237
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

Heard miss Belmar did well with bass today, Grumpys bait and tackle also reported a 26 lber
Old 10-15-2019, 03:55 PM
  #13  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 89
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CASEYANN View Post
Heard miss Belmar did well with bass today, Grumpys bait and tackle also reported a 26 lber
Only 26lbr? I don't get out of bed for a 26lbr 😜
Old 10-15-2019, 04:39 PM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Margate NJ Barnegat light NJ
Posts: 712
Received 228 Likes on 128 Posts
Default

I am fishing out of Barnegat light Friday and Sunday, Ill post a report each day.
Likes:
Old 10-16-2019, 06:07 AM
  #15  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Manahawkin New Jersey/Wilmington North Carolina
Posts: 43
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Fishing out BI Saturday and Sunday, going to push up north and see if we can connect with some bass
Old 10-16-2019, 03:32 PM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Jersey Shore - NJ
Posts: 451
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Booner View Post
I know the fish are up by the Raritan and Hudson, but anybody see and south of the Shrewsbury!
We had fun with surface plugs catching shorts near the railroad bridge pilings in the Navesink River in Red Bank
Old 10-16-2019, 03:37 PM
  #17  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 89
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Reports are the bass showed up Tuesday. Miss Belmar and big Mohawk report the bass here. Also a few bonita.
here being north of shark river
Old 10-16-2019, 04:25 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New Jersey, Top of the pines and by the shore
Posts: 568
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Booner View Post
Reports are the bass showed up Tuesday. Miss Belmar and big Mohawk report the bass here. Also a few bonita.
here being north of shark river
We had scattered schools of bunker off Manasquan Inlet in mid September.
Any of the big bunker schools out there now?
Old 10-16-2019, 04:28 PM
  #19  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 89
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lt.mike View Post

We had scattered schools of bunker off Manasquan Inlet in mid September.
Any of the big bunker schools out there now?
From what I'm told from my buddies up north, there's big pods of bunker north of the rocks.
But some bass being caught on crocs also
Old 10-16-2019, 04:34 PM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: M.Vineyard, MA
Posts: 15,719
Received 819 Likes on 634 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Booner View Post
From what I'm told from my buddies up north, there's big pods of bunker north of the rocks.
But some bass being caught on crocs also
https://www.crocs.com/p/kids-baya-cl...d=6L0#start=40 ?????

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.