The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (https://www.thehulltruth.com/index.php)
-   Mid Atlantic and Chesapeake Bay (https://www.thehulltruth.com/mid-atlantic-chesapeake-bay-30/)
-   -   first mate. (https://www.thehulltruth.com/mid-atlantic-chesapeake-bay/976505-first-mate.html)

Drummond11 12-14-2018 07:55 AM

first mate.
 
hello I'm looking to find a charter boat in the lower Delaware or ocean city area that is looking for a first mate for the new fishing year. I am currently in the coast guard in north carolina and will be until march so I'm looking to lineup a job for when I move back up north. I have a resume I can send anybody that is interested that tells a lot more information about me and any referals or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time. email is Drummond20201@gmail.com.

RingerSwivels 12-17-2018 06:35 AM

Nothing beats walking the docks. Iíll keep my ears peeled.

What kind of offshore experience do you have?

Drummond11 01-07-2019 12:20 PM

bump

RingerSwivels 01-07-2019 01:02 PM


Originally Posted by RingerSwivels (Post 12068967)
Nothing beats walking the docks. Iíll keep my ears peeled.

What kind of offshore experience do you have?

??

mouse4x4 01-07-2019 01:04 PM

Guess none

Drummond11 01-07-2019 01:17 PM


Originally Posted by RingerSwivels (Post 12124649)
??

sorry never saw your comment. All of my non charter experience has came from various center consoles fishing for GBF bill fish wahoo tuna Mahi stripe res bluefish and mackerel

RingerSwivels 01-07-2019 01:22 PM

I would say between now and when the boats start getting ready to go back in the water, that would be a good time to be taking a walk, making conversation. Some are closed up wrapped up and winterized right now, some are at it working all winter. By the time its back in the water time, most of the "winter work" is done, and the boat is ready ready. Prior to the boat being "water ready" would be a good time for you to showcase your work ethic and or desire to help a captain or owner out with the "to do list". These guys get overwhelmed with winter work and given the weather, rain, cold, etc sometimes an extra set of hands certainly help.

Drummond11 01-07-2019 01:29 PM


Originally Posted by RingerSwivels (Post 12124704)
I would say between now and when the boats start getting ready to go back in the water, that would be a good time to be taking a walk, making conversation. Some are closed up wrapped up and winterized right now, some are at it working all winter. By the time its back in the water time, most of the "winter work" is done, and the boat is ready ready. Prior to the boat being "water ready" would be a good time for you to showcase your work ethic and or desire to help a captain or owner out with the "to do list". These guys get overwhelmed with winter work and given the weather, rain, cold, etc sometimes an extra set of hands certainly help.

i would love to be able to just go and walk the docks and introduce myself but Iím 8 hours away in North Carolina so I donít have that luxury but if any captain or owner would like to meet I can definitely make arrangements to make that happen

RingerSwivels 01-08-2019 06:37 AM

I think it will be tough, not impossible, but tough to get seen/interviewed/offered a job over the phone 8 hours away without any charter fishing experience.

When are you relocating back up this way you said March?

t84a 01-08-2019 07:33 AM

Call Sunset Marina at 1-877-514-FISH. Explain to them who you are and what you're loking for and ask them to pass your contact info on to the person who books the charters there. If you can talk to that guy, he knows everone. Click on the link below and you can see some ofvthe boats that reside in their marina. Good luck.

https://ocsunsetmarina.com/occharters/​​

Drummond11 01-08-2019 11:15 AM


Originally Posted by RingerSwivels (Post 12126767)
I think it will be tough, not impossible, but tough to get seen/interviewed/offered a job over the phone 8 hours away without any charter fishing experience.

When are you relocating back up this way you said March?

I do have charter experience which I have all listed in my resume I can send any captain or owner that would like to see it

RingerSwivels 01-08-2019 01:05 PM

ďsorry never saw your comment. All of my non charter experience has came from various center consoles fishing for GBF bill fish wahoo tuna Mahi stripe res bluefish and mackerelĒ


sorry was just going off what I read.

CoreyJoseph 01-23-2019 02:47 PM

Send me your resume 3amigossportfishing@gmail.com

skiffler 01-23-2019 06:22 PM

A lot of charter boats down in NC maybe worth a shot to talk to them if your not in a super rush to move back north.

Drummond11 02-07-2019 08:25 AM

bump

Timex 02-07-2019 08:53 AM


Originally Posted by Drummond11 (Post 12220613)
bump


if your REALLY serious I'd go to wancheas commercial dock & pirets cove NOW a lot of oc boats are down fishing for giants. I'd offer to fish for free-help clean or work on boat whatever ANYTHING to get on a boat now & show em what ya got to offer. that's how I'd go about it

Cigarlab31 02-07-2019 10:31 AM

Look up Talkin Trash sportfishing on their web site or facebook
www.talkintrashsportfishing.com
Chris Little is the captain, he may still be in Pirates Cove as we speak (recent pic of a giant on facebook)
His home port is Ocean City fishing center. If you can hook up with him in NC he may be able to point you in the right direction for Captains in OCMD for the summer
Good luck


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.