Notices
Like Tree13Likes

Jersey-Delaware Coastal Bite?

Reply

Old 12-06-2018, 09:05 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 125
Default Jersey-Delaware Coastal Bite?

Heading out looking for some big stripers for photo opps and the thrill! What's everyone hearing bite wise that isn't already on Lewes Harbor Marina's fishing report?
NickTF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:53 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 9,942
Default

Go to Jersey. Not much around this side at all. Lot of big fish off Cape May to AC right now. Nothing of any sort of consistency happening around here and most getting skunked.
NickTF likes this.
TorFed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:30 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 157
Default

We were out at the mouth of the bay last weekend and also went just south of IRI out in front of Fenwick. No luck in either location. There was a fleet of boats out around the rips on the bay and we didn't see a single fish caught.

Take reports with a grain of salt. A single fish caught by someone in a fleet of boats that makes it back to the shops and that's where the "bite" is.
TorFed and NickTF like this.

Last edited by willf650; 12-06-2018 at 10:38 AM.
willf650 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:19 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 688
Default

I believe they are still up in Jersey, but I am following this with interest for when they get within reasonable running range of OCMD.
cletus9000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:22 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 125
Default

Going to trailer boat up to Lewes Saturday and launch out of Roosevelt heading up off Wildwood until I find consistent info to change my mind. I've been heading into the southern Chesapeake but think it's time to find or atleast search for some big coastal fish!
TorFed and mdman352 like this.
NickTF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:29 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bayville, NJ
Posts: 991
Default

I am thinking about going out Barnegat Inlet on Saturday. From reports I have gotten, there are a lot of fish, but it is tough to find a keeper.
r_ventura_23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:30 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 605
Default

Originally Posted by NickTF View Post
Going to trailer boat up to Lewes Saturday and launch out of Roosevelt heading up off Wildwood until I find consistent info to change my mind. I've been heading into the southern Chesapeake but think it's time to find or atleast search for some big coastal fish!
after a failed attempt at toggin due to weather yesterday we set up trolling 2-3 hours went 2-4 but no trophy fish just good eating 30" fish. lost a bigger one at the side of the boat still not a big fish probably 36-38
NickTF likes this.
BST24351 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:33 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 125
Default

Best we've done this year size wise is a 36" fish out of the Bay among many many shorts so I'll take 30"+ fish all day! Hope to run into a few. I'm in a 2015 Defiance 250 Pilot House if anyone happens along from this group.
NickTF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:30 PM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 9,942
Default

Remember when bringing fish back from NJ they have to meet both DE and NJ criteria to keep and be legal.
mdman352 and NickTF like this.
TorFed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:12 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 605
Default

Originally Posted by NickTF View Post
Best we've done this year size wise is a 36" fish out of the Bay among many many shorts so I'll take 30"+ fish all day! Hope to run into a few. I'm in a 2015 Defiance 250 Pilot House if anyone happens along from this group.
how do you like this defiance and do you have experience on other pilot house boat to compair it too? there's deffinatly some bigger fish normally I haven't ran into them this year. last year I caught my 2 biggest ever and the most ever so i guess i could say last years run was the best I have personally had. I'm just starting striper fishing now through the rest of the month though
NickTF likes this.
BST24351 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:13 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 125
Default

Originally Posted by BST24351 View Post
how do you like this defiance and do you have experience on other pilot house boat to compair it too? there's deffinatly some bigger fish normally I haven't ran into them this year. last year I caught my 2 biggest ever and the most ever so i guess i could say last years run was the best I have personally had. I'm just starting striper fishing now through the rest of the month though
Pilot House

I put my two cents in this thread toward the end. My buddies who’ve been on other pilot house boats seem to think mine rides better butt I’ve not had experience with other PH boats directly. I spend all my fishing time on mine lol!
NickTF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:18 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 9,942
Default

The few great days we had last year were I think about Dec12-22. Everyone was catching. Fished off IRI and saw a few other THT members out there. One may or may not have had a plane circling them for a beer drop, and the rednecks concerned it was DNREC marking the 3 mile line lol
NickTF likes this.
TorFed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:27 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Eastern Shore, MD
Posts: 1,104
Default

Looks like the wind may cooperate tomorrow to head out of OC. Is it worth it is the question?
captglasshole is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:29 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 125
Default

Originally Posted by captglasshole View Post
Looks like the wind may cooperate tomorrow to head out of OC. Is it worth it is the question?
It's only time and fuel cost.......
NickTF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:28 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 605
Default

I dont know seems like everytime they call for north winds you should double the forecast.....
BST24351 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:31 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 125
Default

Looks like nw to wnw. For me should make the trip through the de bay interesting but once I hit cape may i'd think it'd be fairly calm.
NickTF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:37 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 605
Default

Originally Posted by NickTF View Post
Looks like nw to wnw. For me should make the trip through the de bay interesting but once I hit cape may i'd think it'd be fairly calm.
I'll be out of cape may one day this weekend I dont expect it to be calm. if it is calm I'll probably head out for tog. Wednesdays forecast was simalar and it was way to rough for tog fishing
BST24351 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:42 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 125
Default

Forecast says around 1 foot. I'm sure that's plus or minus 3-4 foot lmao
BST24351 likes this.
NickTF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:57 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 460
Default

Anyone seen a bluefin? I will be looking tomorrow in between bottom fishing stops.
krabill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:58 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 605
Default

Originally Posted by krabill View Post
Anyone seen a bluefin? I will be looking tomorrow in between bottom fishing stops.
not for a few weeks any luck this year?
BST24351 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: