The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (https://www.thehulltruth.com/index.php)
-   Mid Atlantic and Chesapeake Bay (https://www.thehulltruth.com/mid-atlantic-chesapeake-bay-30/)
-   -   BF's off VA Beach? Anone try yet? (https://www.thehulltruth.com/mid-atlantic-chesapeake-bay/550818-bfs-off-va-beach-anone-try-yet.html)

arbogb06 11-19-2013 01:54 PM

BF's off VA Beach? Anone try yet?
 
Anyone catch any BF's off VA beach area this year or even tried? Too early? Won't happen again this year like last?

Was hoping for the same action this year

striper 23 11-19-2013 03:37 PM

what he said,anyone?:grin:

bluepoint 11-19-2013 04:11 PM

http://youtu.be/9bEBjIaMLD0

Mako 234 11-19-2013 05:57 PM

too early

nitro943 11-20-2013 04:37 AM


Originally Posted by Mako 234 (Post 6181123)
too early

good Im still in deer hunting mode :thumbsup:

BabyGrady 11-20-2013 05:55 AM

Bottom fished the canyon Saturday and there was alot of life. Whales, two tones and bait. Heard a long liner around the 300 line on the radio who saw bluefins. Smaller class but it was def them in that cooler 59 degree water

34pro 11-22-2013 06:46 AM

Too early I would think usually around DEC
1-5-2012

broknbonz33 11-23-2013 06:49 AM

Hopefully this cold front coming will push them down here. I talked to a commercial buyer and the fish are currently up off NY

South Tackle 11-23-2013 09:09 AM

Yep, little too early but this cold front will help. They will show up at some point just like the last 5 years. Keep an eye on the Rudee boats and be ready to go the next day. They are usually feeding on the same thing the stripers are feeding on. Until we start catching stripers off CH there won't be any bluefin bites in my opinion. Hot bite has been on white mojos.

bluepoint 11-24-2013 05:21 AM

My friend Chris who runs the Angler out of OC reported seeing acres of fast moving bluefin about 14 miles off the beach on Friday. They did have two rods suitable for tuna and threw out cedar plugs but didn't get any bites. They were headed out for seabass. He told me that the tunas were literally jumping out of the water. He said they spotted them again on the way back in at the end of the day.

arbogb06 11-24-2013 04:28 PM


Originally Posted by bluepoint (Post 6192584)
My friend Chris who runs the Angler out of OC reported seeing acres of fast moving bluefin about 14 miles off the beach on Friday. They did have two rods suitable for tuna and threw out cedar plugs but didn't get any bites. They were headed out for seabass. He told me that the tunas were literally jumping out of the water. He said they spotted them again on the way back in at the end of the day.

Did he say what it looked like they were feeding on? 14 miles due East? NE? SE?

bluepoint 11-26-2013 02:10 PM


Originally Posted by arbogb06 (Post 6194129)
Did he say what it looked like they were feeding on? 14 miles due East? NE? SE?

I have no idea

broknbonz33 12-04-2013 09:31 AM

Anyone seen or heard anything? Getting that time.

arbogb06 12-04-2013 12:09 PM

I might venture out just before Christmas weather permitting. Off OC they are catching some nice stripers and sea bass out further. The stripers should be around the VA beach area if they are not already in 2 weeks or so. Bring set ups for BF's and stripers and go for whatever is biting.

broknbonz33 12-04-2013 05:32 PM

I plan on coming up after Xmas day thru that Sunday. Ill be loaded down w everything

34pro 12-05-2013 07:44 AM


Originally Posted by broknbonz33 (Post 6218401)
I plan on coming up after Xmas day thru that Sunday. Ill be loaded down w everything

Make sure if your rock fishing your leaders are at least 150lb and they are long enough. we lost one last year BC the leader was too short.

snicol1 12-05-2013 01:55 PM

i was seabassin this past weekend on sunday and we saw Bluefin tuna airing out of the water everywhere... northeast of ocean city maryland

arbogb06 12-05-2013 04:13 PM


Originally Posted by snicol1 (Post 6220644)
i was seabassin this past weekend on sunday and we saw Bluefin tuna airing out of the water everywhere... northeast of ocean city maryland

How far from oc inlet NE? 10 miles? 15? Could you tell what bait they were after? Water temp where you were fishing? Water depth? Getting the boat ready this weekend.

bigjimmie 12-10-2013 02:33 PM

any updates? interested in trying what permits are needed;?

snicol1 12-10-2013 06:48 PM

we were around 120-140 ft... not sure what the water temperature was honestly I wasn't paying attention and we were I wanna say 20-25 miles from the inlet


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.