Notices

Where to Park Boat in Cape May?

Old 06-03-2019, 10:05 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Default Where to Park Boat in Cape May?

Wife's parents have a place in Cape May. I would like to trailer my boat down on weekends when we get a chance to go, but I’m having trouble finding a place to put it. There’s not enough room at the house to park it. BZL marina used to let me park it in their lot for 10$/night, but no more. In the water as a transient I’d consider, but if I can’t find a place to put the trailer, then that won’t work. Marinas I’ve called won’t seem to let you park boats. So I’m running out of options. Any suggestions?

AquaWilly is offline  
Old 06-03-2019, 12:52 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phila,Pa / Cape May,NJ
Posts: 291
Default

Did you try Utches Marina
jg125 is offline  
Old 06-04-2019, 07:00 AM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by jg125 View Post
Did you try Utches Marina
I have called Utches in the past. The answer was no. But I will try again with them, it appears from their website that they have some RV parking.

AquaWilly is offline  
Old 06-04-2019, 02:54 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Delaware
Posts: 281
Default

if you can put it in a transient slip I could give you a guys number in wildwood that would let you park the trailer but that’s a hell of a distance away. But it’s something in a pinch
Delduck is offline  
Old 06-07-2019, 06:04 AM
  #5  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by Delduck View Post
if you can put it in a transient slip I could give you a guys number in wildwood that would let you park the trailer but that’s a hell of a distance away. But it’s something in a pinch
Thanks. Yes Wildwood's bit far but I will keep that in mind.

Baffles me why these marinas can't accommodate. I see their lots full of trailers from the seasonal boats. And they could make a couple of bucks for doing nothing.
AquaWilly is offline  
Old 06-07-2019, 07:13 AM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: CMCH NJ
Posts: 2,421
Default

did you ask breezeelee about transient dock and trailer storage?
Spooled is offline  
Old 06-07-2019, 07:39 AM
  #7  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Default

Last time I called BZL around September, they acted like I was asking for the moon, the guy scoffed at me. Figuring he thought I meant in the water, I clarified ‘on land on the trailer’, and the guy gruffly says ‘100 a night and ya gotta sign a contract’. Almost sounded like he made it up to get rid of me. It was odd, because I have parked it there several times before for 10$ a night no problem.

But I will try them again.

AquaWilly is offline  
Old 06-07-2019, 07:58 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phila,Pa / Cape May,NJ
Posts: 291
Default

The bottom line is these marina's want to lease you a slip. If you wait to the end of the month a slip can be had at half price.
jg125 is offline  
Old 06-08-2019, 05:35 AM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by jg125 View Post
The bottom line is these marina's want to lease you a slip. If you wait to the end of the month a slip can be had at half price.
Yes I get they don't want to fool with small potatoes. If I can't find a place then maybe I'll just do one-days down and back, launch behind Lucky Bones. Or...just hang out with the in laws instead of fishing.
AquaWilly is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 03:29 AM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Chadds Ford, PA
Posts: 31
Default

Originally Posted by AquaWilly View Post
Last time I called BZL around September, they acted like I was asking for the moon, the guy scoffed at me. Figuring he thought I meant in the water, I clarified ‘on land on the trailer’, and the guy gruffly says ‘100 a night and ya gotta sign a contract’. Almost sounded like he made it up to get rid of me. It was odd, because I have parked it there several times before for 10$ a night no problem.

But I will try them again.
I am in a similar situation. I am paying $500 to keep mine on a trailer at Minmar in Sea Isle. Easy to be able to follow the fish and try out different water. For exampe, get over to DE bay for drum.
fbsaltfly is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 04:02 AM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: CMCH NJ
Posts: 2,421
Default

Originally Posted by AquaWilly View Post
Last time I called BZL around September, they acted like I was asking for the moon, the guy scoffed at me. Figuring he thought I meant in the water, I clarified ‘on land on the trailer’, and the guy gruffly says ‘100 a night and ya gotta sign a contract’. Almost sounded like he made it up to get rid of me. It was odd, because I have parked it there several times before for 10$ a night no problem.

But I will try them again.
You should go in person or have your folks go and ask first

Rent s transient slip and store trailer
Spooled is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 05:48 AM
  #12  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by Spooled View Post
You should go in person or have your folks go and ask first

Rent s transient slip and store trailer
Good idea. In person always better.
AquaWilly is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread