Notices

Boston Whaler 345 vs Pursuit 385

Old 04-07-2014, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boston Whaler 345 vs Pursuit 385

I am new to this forum and my first time posting here. I live in California and we bought a place in Islamorada about 8 years ago. when we bought our place we bought a Scout 245 bayscout to learn the area with the intent of getting a bigger boat someday. We love the Scout and plan too keep it, it's like a Jeep on a ranch. Good in the bay and gets us out in the ocean on calm days. We are now ready for a larger boat and have now narrowed it down to the Boston Whaler 345 (Mecury powered) or the Pursuit 385 (Yamaha powered). I realize the Pursuit is just a little bigger but wondering if anyone can comment on the ride between the two. Both offer the new generation of joystick controls. My concerns are ride and Yamaha vs Mercury. We plan to use the boat for fishing offshore and also to have the ability to go to Key West, Miami or the Islands with occasional overnighting.. We put about 100 hours a year on our boat.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any helpful info.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor

Received 789 Likes on 439 Posts

Any reason you posted this in the 2013 Miami International Boat Show thread?

I think you'd have much better luck after moving this someplace else.

==>Rapi
Old 04-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hands down pursuit 385...
Old 04-07-2014, 03:36 PM

Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

If you have the $$$ - the Pursuit, without question.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up Rapi - I'll try to get this posted in the right section.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pastafazool View Post
I am new to this forum and my first time posting here. I live in California and we bought a place in Islamorada about 8 years ago. when we bought our place we bought a Scout 245 bayscout to learn the area with the intent of getting a bigger boat someday. We love the Scout and plan too keep it, it's like a Jeep on a ranch. Good in the bay and gets us out in the ocean on calm days. We are now ready for a larger boat and have now narrowed it down to the Boston Whaler 345 (Mecury powered) or the Pursuit 385 (Yamaha powered). I realize the Pursuit is just a little bigger but wondering if anyone can comment on the ride between the two. Both offer the new generation of joystick controls. My concerns are ride and Yamaha vs Mercury. We plan to use the boat for fishing offshore and also to have the ability to go to Key West, Miami or the Islands with occasional overnighting.. We put about 100 hours a year on our boat.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any helpful info.
Couldn't go wrong either way - probably the two best WAC's in this size range. With that said, the BW 345 is the one I would pick. The Mercury Verados are going to provide much smoother and more refined power in my opinion. If you start looking at every little detail, you will be very impressed with the Whaler They really thought of everything on this boat.

On the flip side, is there a reason you don't consider moving up to a Viking 42 or Luhrs 41, etc ... ? I would at least consider it if I were you.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:41 AM

Interesting choice of thread...