kernmw10 kernmw10 is offline

Senior Member

About Me

  • About kernmw10
    Country of Residence


Total Posts
Visitor Messages
Total Likes
General Information
  • Last Activity: 04-10-2021 08:10 PM
  • Join Date: 06-11-2018
  • Referrals: 0

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. 08-10-2020 06:59 PM

    The easiest, simplest service to use is

    You can purchase your suppressor there and they have a team of attorneys on staff that draft general trusts and single shot trusts. They are extremely affordable and they know the NFA laws better than anybody. The finger printing and picture ID process is also extremely easy. They have an app that you can download to your phone to take the "mug shot" and you can go to a "powered by silencershop" dealer to get your finger prints done. You can search for the closest dealer by entering your zip code. What's beautiful is they keep your data on file so that when you go to order another suppressor then they use the same pictures and finger prints as before.

    I've also gone through the process myself at a FFL that didn't have the kiosk and doing all of that paperwork by hand is a pain in the ass. The best advice I can give you is that one you order your first suppressor is to just forget about it.
  2. 08-10-2020 06:58 PM
    As for trusts, you can set it up two different ways. The first is a single shot trust which would be a separate trust for each individual NFA item - so a trust for a suppressor, a trust for an SBR, a trust for a second suppressor. Or, you can set up one trust and have all of your NFA items listed on that trust. If you set up a trust with you as the trustee and your wife and father as trustees or beneficiaries then they will have to undergo the finger printing, photo ID, and background checks. Or you can be the sole Trustee, do all of the paperwork yourself and then add your wife and father after the fact so they don't have to undergo all of that paperwork. You will need a different stamp for each individual NFA item.
  3. 08-10-2020 06:57 PM
    Firstly, there are two routes to NFA. There's a Form 1 and a Form 4. The Form 1 is a manufacturing of an NFA item. A Form 4 is a transfer of an NFA item. Generally speaking, most people buy a suppressor from a suppressor manufacturer so they would be filing a Form 4. If you already own an AR15 and want to manufacture it into an SBR then you would file a Form 1. The Form 4 process takes several months. When you buy a suppressor and your FFL transfers to you the suppressor via a Form 4 it can take 6-10 months generally. If you file an electronic submission Form 1 to manufacture a suppressor yourself or to create an SBR then that process only takes as little as two weeks to a month. Don't ask me why there's such huge difference - the ATF and NFA branch are extremely unorganized. Most people buy suppressors from reputable companies because they make them for a living and warranty their products - that's what I've always done and I assume you will do the same.

  4. 08-10-2020 06:14 PM
    Hey man,

    You’ve gone through setting up a trust for a suppressor and SBR.

    From what I’ve read I can set up a single trust and make my wife and father trustees so they can be in possession, and the same trust can own multiple items, just need an additiknal stamp for each item - was this tour experience?

    did you use a local attorney or a service online?

    appreciate any knowledge you can share.


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.