The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (https://www.thehulltruth.com/index.php)
-   Marine Electronics Forum (https://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-electronics-forum-19/)
-   -   Raymarine Element coming soon (https://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-electronics-forum/975184-raymarine-element-coming-soon.html)

Daybreaker1 12-06-2018 01:46 PM

Raymarine Element coming soon
 
The press release for the Raymarine Element was announced yesterday from there site.Pretty exciting.Much clearer resolution with the Hyper vision.Capt.Mike

Finchasernj 12-07-2018 07:40 AM

Looks awesome can't wait to try it.
https://www.flir.com/news-center/pre...KWGLLfthcpp-SY

High Hooks 12-08-2018 05:51 AM

Iím curious to find out what the max depth range is.

InternationalMarineBrian 12-08-2018 07:18 AM


Originally Posted by High Hooks (Post 12044739)
Iím curious to find out what the max depth range is.

  • HyperVision uses super high frequencies (1.2 megahertz) and CHIRP technology to bring a new level of precision imaging to DownVision, SideVision and RealVision 3D
  • 1.2 megahertz HyperVision mode is optimized for super high-resolution imagery up to 100í (30 meters)
  • Switch to standard 350 kHz CHIRP sonar for longer range, high-resolution imaging, and ranges up to 600í (180 meters)
  • Elementís advanced CHIRP sonar also operates in the high-frequency 200kHz range for fish targeting, high-speed bottom tracking, and depths up to 900ft

Bassmantweed 12-08-2018 08:28 AM

Technology pisses me of.

Just bought 2 axiom 9ís last year and now they are outdated.

They way way it goes I guess.

abbor 12-08-2018 12:12 PM

Element is a less capable series compared to Axiom, no touch and no Ethernet. Seems to be targeted bass fishing and coastal.

I would assume a module with the high frequency scanning sonar will be available for Axiom and Axiom Pro.

FormulaJuan 12-08-2018 05:08 PM


Originally Posted by Bassmantweed (Post 12045128)
Technology pisses me of.

Just bought 2 axiom 9ís last year and now they are outdated.

They way way it goes I guess.

this is how I felt when I learned about the element series but as abbor says they seem to be lesser units targeted at inshore.

InternationalMarineBrian 12-08-2018 05:13 PM

It's 100% an inshore shallow water design. It will do well against the Lowrance, Garmin EchoMap etc.

texasislandboy 12-08-2018 05:14 PM

I was told the same. Keep my axiom as the Element will not network with other units. I still plan on getting a element just for a bottom machine in my inshore boat as It would be a great backup for GPS and a MFD with realvision, 3D vision

Max@MaxMarine 12-11-2018 04:23 PM

If you had a Raymarine Element on a Bayliner Element, what would you call it?















A compound :rofl:

Schmaltz~Herring 12-11-2018 04:37 PM


Originally Posted by mstyle8517 (Post 12054686)
If you had a Raymarine Element on a Bayliner Element, what would you call it?


A compound :rofl:


Elementary, Watson.

RiptideCharters 12-11-2018 05:37 PM

I was a tester for Element on the Riptide Charters Bay Boat. I was VERY pleased with how the Hypervison worked. Even in a pre production setup it was smooth and easy to run. I was mainly testing the sonar but all aspects worked great. The resolution on the Hypervison was impressive. I used it off NC in water to around d 70' deep.

Showed the rubble from the local ARs VERY well as well as the bait around them.

I run Axiom Pro on the boat normally. While the Element isn't designed to expand ike Axiom it's not a major step down in performance, IMHO it's a hell of a bang for the buck. Should be a big hit.

h18 02-20-2019 05:50 AM

Mega Imaging has been dominated by Humminbird for a few years now. Kudos to Raymarine for coming out with Mega FF. About time for this. One can never catch up with the new FF technology. I am going to work a few more shifts to justify the new toy. Yes, Mega Imaging Element I need one. Hopefully it is worth the money.

It is more affordable than HB FF and it gives me 3D, side imaging, and down imaging in 1 transducer to avoid too many holes in my boat transducer.

I use Axiom 9" RV100 from my open bow boat and slayer propel 10 feet kayak too and it has been great. The Element will add more power to my fishing in 2019.

mfeen1 02-20-2019 06:49 AM

played around with the 9" past couple days as they are all now shipping except Lighthouse 2 units. Those are still behind..


nice units.. pretty quick and easy to use. look forward to seeing it on the water.

mahnitac 02-26-2019 07:55 AM

One of the nice features for Element is Raymarine RealBathy, personal sonar mapping. It is a part of Navionics Sonar Charts Live with valid subscription but RealBathy, if I understand correctly is working separately from Sonar Chart Live. Is there any sights that this feature will be implemented in Light House 3 in near future?

TroyBoy30 02-26-2019 03:34 PM


Originally Posted by h18 (Post 12261797)
Mega Imaging has been dominated by Humminbird for a few years now. Kudos to Raymarine for coming out with Mega FF. About time for this. One can never catch up with the new FF technology. I am going to work a few more shifts to justify the new toy. Yes, Mega Imaging Element I need one. Hopefully it is worth the money.

It is more affordable than HB FF and it gives me 3D, side imaging, and down imaging in 1 transducer to avoid too many holes in my boat transducer.

I use Axiom 9" RV100 from my open bow boat and slayer propel 10 feet kayak too and it has been great. The Element will add more power to my fishing in 2019.

Garmin introduced a mega freq over a year ago.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.