Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Marine Electronics Forum
Reload this Page >

Need Help Wiring Furuno transducer to Simrad Evo2 or Lowrance HDS Carbon

Notices
Marine Electronics Forum

Need Help Wiring Furuno transducer to Simrad Evo2 or Lowrance HDS Carbon

Old 09-18-2018, 10:46 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 256
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need Help Wiring Furuno transducer to Simrad Evo2 or Lowrance HDS Carbon

As the title states, I have a Furuno transducer that is installed in my boat that I need help wiring to a 12' Simrad Evo2 or 12' Lowrance Carbon. Below is the transducer information.

Furuno CA50/200-12M 1kw Bronze ThruHull Transducer- FUXCA5020012M MAN#: CA50/200-12M ID#: 3488 (this is a Furuno transducer made in Japan, Not an Airmar transducer)
There are 4 wires for this transducer: Blue, Green, Black and Red.
Blue: Hide Side +
Green: Hide Side -
Black: Low Side +
Red: Low Side -

What connectors will I need for either of these units and how would I hook up the wires of the connector to the wires of the transducer? I do not have an additional sounder at this point (BSM2 or BMS3, etc..)

Thanks for any help you can provide. Lowrance and Simrad support have not been any help with this as I did try them first.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:03 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 14,718
Likes: 0
Received 703 Likes on 559 Posts
Default

This is a transducer without diplexer so you need two sonar channels. If you have both Evo2 and Carbon I would wire one to Evo2 and one to Carbon. You can also wire both the two connectors to Carbon.

You need two 7-pin pigtail connectors (000-10046-001) , if wiring both to Carbon you need in addition a 7-pin to 9-pin adapter.

Connector 1
Furuno Blue to Navico Red
Furuno Green to Navico Black

Connector 2
Furuno Black to Navico Red
Furuno Red to Navico Black
Old 09-18-2018, 08:31 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 256
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Thank you very much Abbor! If I mainly only use the 200 frequency, I am assuming I could just get one adaptor and use the blue and green from the furuno as you stated above correct to the Evo 2?

The reason I ask is because I actually bought a airmar b275c-lhw that I wanted to install to mark tuna and other game fish/bait in the water colum down to about 600/700 feet and I was hoping I would be able to hook this transducer up to the Carbon since it has two channels and then hook the old furuno transducer up to the Evo since it only has one channel and I would effectively have a Low, Medium and HIgh Wide frequency. My thinking was that way I would have the best of all worlds in case I was trolling for tuna or Mahi (which I do 95%of the time using the HIgh wide) and then wanted to go bottom fishing (which I do the other 5%, of the time using the Furuno Medium frequency)

Does this make sense with my two units and are they capable of working this way? Or do i need or would I be better off buying a BSM3 or similar for proformance reasons? I do not think I would be bottom fishing deeper than 500 to 600 feet MAX.. Probably 300 or less most of the time. And like I said I troll most all the time and I am only interested in marking fish and bait in 600 feet MAX but usually 350 feet and less is what I am really worried about but would like the most coverage around the boat which is why I went with the high wide.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:36 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 14,718
Likes: 0
Received 703 Likes on 559 Posts
Default

Yes, you can connect only the 200 kHz side. For fishing at 500-600' you don't need a seperate sounder module.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.