Notices
Marine Electronics Forum

I need more Bass

Old 05-25-2018, 08:52 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 532
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I need more Bass

Looking for the sound gurus to get a little help.

New system- Wetsounds HTX 6 driving 4 Revo 8 and 4 Revo 6, HTX 1 driving a 10” Revo sub. Can’t seem to get enough Bass. Adjusted gain and bass boost. Just doesn’t seem to have enough. Can I use the same Amp and add another 10”? Will that help? Should I upgrade to a different amp?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

LW
Old 05-25-2018, 10:13 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 176
Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Reel Screamer View Post
Looking for the sound gurus to get a little help.

New system- Wetsounds HTX 6 driving 4 Revo 8 and 4 Revo 6, HTX 1 driving a 10” Revo sub. Can’t seem to get enough Bass. Adjusted gain and bass boost. Just doesn’t seem to have enough. Can I use the same Amp and add another 10”? Will that help? Should I upgrade to a different amp?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

LW
Second AMP and a 12" SUB works everytime. Or just play some classic country music.
Likes:
Old 05-25-2018, 04:45 PM
  #3  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 115
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

LW,

If you have a 4-ohm 10-inch subwoofer, then you can add a second and identical subwoofer to your existing monoblock amplifier. That will yield more surface area and more power. Normally that will make a sizeable difference. The location of the second subwoofer relative to the existing subwoofer, can have an impact. Also, before adding to what you already have, I would want to know a little more about the existing subwoofer, its location, how its mounted, and how its tuned. PM me. Will exchange some ideas and perhaps you can forward a couple of pics.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:07 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 532
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
LW,

If you have a 4-ohm 10-inch subwoofer, then you can add a second and identical subwoofer to your existing monoblock amplifier. That will yield more surface area and more power. Normally that will make a sizeable difference. The location of the second subwoofer relative to the existing subwoofer, can have an impact. Also, before adding to what you already have, I would want to know a little more about the existing subwoofer, its location, how its mounted, and how its tuned. PM me. Will exchange some ideas and perhaps you can forward a couple of pics.

thanks for for the support. Just realized I have the 10” 2 ohm sub. Should I have bought the 4 ohm? What is the difference?
Old 05-26-2018, 08:01 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,175
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Reel Screamer View Post



thanks for for the support. Just realized I have the 10” 2 ohm sub. Should I have bought the 4 ohm? What is the difference?
Originally if expecting to use a single subwoofer only, the 2-ohm subwoofer was the natural choice. Now that you are considering two subwoofers, two 4-ohm subwoofers in parallel (for a final 2-ohm load) is the correct choice. The only way you can safely use two 2-ohm subs on a monoblock amplifier (HTX1) is in series, and that has some negatives. First, you lose amplifier power. Second, in subwoofers, to series voice coils within the same DVC sub is fine (which does not apply here), but to series two or more subwoofers is less than optimum.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:54 AM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 532
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
Originally if expecting to use a single subwoofer only, the 2-ohm subwoofer was the natural choice. Now that you are considering two subwoofers, two 4-ohm subwoofers in parallel (for a final 2-ohm load) is the correct choice. The only way you can safely use two 2-ohm subs on a monoblock amplifier (HTX1) is in series, and that has some negatives. First, you lose amplifier power. Second, in subwoofers, to series voice coils within the same DVC sub is fine (which does not apply here), but to series two or more subwoofers is less than optimum.

thanks a million. So can I run 2 4ohm subs off of the HTX 1?
Old 05-26-2018, 09:22 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,175
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Reel Screamer View Post



thanks a million. So can I run 2 4ohm subs off of the HTX 1?
Yes, in parallel, a great match up.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:43 AM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 532
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
Yes, in parallel, a great match up.

Thanks David. Appreciate the advise. Guess I now have a single 10” FA sub for sale.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.