Notices
Marine Electronics Forum

Any Great EPIRB Deals Out There?

Old 12-04-2017, 06:04 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Oak Island NC
Posts: 1,974
Likes: 0
Received 659 Likes on 367 Posts
Default Any Great EPIRB Deals Out There?

Just bought a new WC 230DC, and while it'll be a while until I get her significantly offshore, The Admiral is in the mood to outfit her right, so I had better strike while the iron is hot!
Old 12-09-2017, 05:01 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chesapeake
Posts: 602
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default

http://info.acrartex.com/survive-201...-plb-promotion
Old 02-21-2018, 07:43 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ponce Inlet, FL
Posts: 1,376
Received 374 Likes on 258 Posts
Default

West Marine. They are now offering online price matching. Tonight I was in there and remembered reading about new price policy. So I decided to pull out my phone and hit google. Found an Acr 2831 Globalfix V4 Gps Epirb - Category 2 online for $336.00 compared to West Marines $449.00. Took about 5 minutes and a manager to confirm but they did it ! Really good deal and Id suggest others who are in the market go in and grab one before that online store that I used at $336.00 goes out of business or fixes that price lol Don't forget you will also pay $20+ on shipping if you order online.

Here is the site I used to price match. You can order straight from them and pay the shipping. I feel this is a really good deal anyways.

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Acr-283...p/acr2831.htm?
Old 02-21-2018, 08:12 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 396
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Muggin Mullet View Post
West Marine. They are now offering online price matching. Tonight I was in there and remembered reading about new price policy. So I decided to pull out my phone and hit google. Found an Acr 2831 Globalfix V4 Gps Epirb - Category 2 online for $336.00 compared to West Marines $449.00. Took about 5 minutes and a manager to confirm but they did it ! Really good deal and Id suggest others who are in the market go in and grab one before that online store that I used at $336.00 goes out of business or fixes that price lol Don't forget you will also pay $20+ on shipping if you order online.

Here is the site I used to price match. You can order straight from them and pay the shipping. I feel this is a really good deal anyways.

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Acr-283...p/acr2831.htm?
Thanks Muggin!
Did you go to the West Marine on Lee Rd or the one in Daytona on International Speedway? I think I may grab one too.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:14 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ponce Inlet, FL
Posts: 1,376
Received 374 Likes on 258 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tmoney316 View Post
Thanks Muggin!
Did you go to the West Marine on Lee Rd or the one in Daytona on International Speedway? I think I may grab one too.
Daytona
Old 02-21-2018, 08:17 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 396
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Muggin Mullet View Post
Daytona
Cool, thanks!
Likes:
Old 02-21-2018, 08:20 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ponce Inlet, FL
Posts: 1,376
Received 374 Likes on 258 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tmoney316 View Post
Cool, thanks!
Don't forget that Gov Scott now offers a reduced registration fee if you have an EPIRB as well. Plus I believe a 25 mail in rebate comes in the box.

No price on safety but this seems to be a hell of a pickup
Old 02-21-2018, 09:12 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 396
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Muggin Mullet View Post
Don't forget that Gov Scott now offers a reduced registration fee if you have an EPIRB as well. Plus I believe a 25 mail in rebate comes in the box.

No price on safety but this seems to be a hell of a pickup
Thanks!
Old 02-22-2018, 08:20 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: dallas georgia
Posts: 149
Likes: 0
Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Thanks. Just placed an order. It also has a 25.00 rebate.
Likes:
Old 02-22-2018, 03:48 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,365
Received 527 Likes on 353 Posts
Default

We are an authorized dealer and will price match any legitimate dealer.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:05 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Epirb

The price match worked for me at the Panama City West Marine. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-24-2018, 04:08 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,279
Received 2,192 Likes on 1,194 Posts
Default

I used Muggin's link at the Lee Road store a couple days ago. Worked like a charm! I also used the price match for the ACR ditch bag and Orion flare kit.
Likes:
Old 02-24-2018, 06:21 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 593
Likes: 0
Received 477 Likes on 246 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Muggin Mullet View Post
West Marine. They are now offering online price matching. Tonight I was in there and remembered reading about new price policy. So I decided to pull out my phone and hit google. Found an Acr 2831 Globalfix V4 Gps Epirb - Category 2 online for $336.00 compared to West Marines $449.00. Took about 5 minutes and a manager to confirm but they did it ! Really good deal and Id suggest others who are in the market go in and grab one before that online store that I used at $336.00 goes out of business or fixes that price lol Don't forget you will also pay $20+ on shipping if you order online.

Here is the site I used to price match. You can order straight from them and pay the shipping. I feel this is a really good deal anyways.

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Acr-283...p/acr2831.htm?
Thanks for the tip ! I went to WM today and got one.
Likes:
Old 02-24-2018, 07:03 PM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ponce Inlet, FL
Posts: 1,376
Received 374 Likes on 258 Posts
Default

Im thinking WM is going to rethink this policy real quick
Old 02-12-2019, 02:15 PM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ponce Inlet, FL
Posts: 1,376
Received 374 Likes on 258 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by happy pappy View Post
The price match worked for me at the Panama City West Marine. Thanks for the heads up!
Originally Posted by Vantaredoc View Post
I used Muggin's link at the Lee Road store a couple days ago. Worked like a charm! I also used the price match for the ACR ditch bag and Orion flare kit.
Originally Posted by JonisMist View Post
Thanks for the tip ! I went to WM today and got one.

Welp, turns out that Hodges changed their price to the same price as West Marine. Looks like we made out like bandits. I was just going to repost my comment to another thread where someone was looking for a deal.



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.