Notices
Marine Electronics Forum

Second Garmin display

Old 01-01-2016, 07:59 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 57
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Second Garmin display

I have a Garmin 7215 and want to add a second display. Is there a newer Garmin that can be added to network without changing everything else on boat electronics ( antenna, sounder, radar etc)? I waited too long and now there are not 7215s available.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:52 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 157
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Ill check we may have one for you! you can go with the new 7600 series but networking will be limited. What functions are you looking to duplicate?
Old 01-01-2016, 09:06 AM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 57
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Thanks for reply, ideally I would like to display sonar, and radar. But mostly sonar.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:11 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
Marine Advertiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,337
Likes: 0
Received 1,599 Likes on 845 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by greguf View Post
I have a Garmin 7215 and want to add a second display. Is there a newer Garmin that can be added to network without changing everything else on boat electronics ( antenna, sounder, radar etc)? I waited too long and now there are not 7215s available.

There have been a few end users reporting issues of networking between the older Grey units such as the 4000 thru 7000 etc and the newer Black units such as the xsv systems.
I would contact Garmin support to see if any are still being reported ...and if any software upgrade has fixed those few issues etc.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:54 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 207
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by semperfifishing View Post
There have been a few end users reporting issues of networking between the older Grey units such as the 4000 thru 7000 etc and the newer Black units such as the xsv systems.
I would contact Garmin support to see if any are still being reported ...and if any software upgrade has fixed those few issues etc.

Would adding a 740s be a good option for networking a 7212 ? Im adding radar xHD24 to the 7212 which also has the GSD24 sonar box. I'd prefer not to monitor three functions simultaneously on the 7212, chart, radar, sonar-

Can the 740s share functions with the 7212 as a sister screen? Or should it be dedicated to one function like sonar ?
Old 01-01-2016, 12:06 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
Marine Advertiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,337
Likes: 0
Received 1,599 Likes on 845 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SeaCraftJ2 View Post
Would adding a 740s be a good option for networking a 7212 ? Im adding radar xHD24 to the 7212 which also has the GSD24 sonar box. I'd prefer not to monitor three functions simultaneously on the 7212, chart, radar, sonar-

Can the 740s share functions with the 7212 as a sister screen? Or should it be dedicated to one function like sonar ?
Unfortunately no..the 740s cannot network to other units......but it is radar capable on its own.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.