Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Marine Electronics Forum
Reload this Page >

Outstanding Customer Service from Wet Sounds

Notices
Marine Electronics Forum

Outstanding Customer Service from Wet Sounds

Old 02-21-2015, 06:50 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location:
Posts: 409
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Outstanding Customer Service from Wet Sounds

I want to give a big shout out to Wet Sounds for an instance of their customer service that happened to me recently.

A couple of weeks ago, the owner of Wet Sounds (who happens to live in my neighborhood in Galveston, TX) was driving by my house and stopped to look at the Wet Sounds system on my boat in the driveway.

I had no idea this was the case until he told me but a number of my speakers came from a defective series from 3-4 years ago. Without a word on my part, he offered to replace my 3 year old speakers with brand-new ones at no charge.

I came back from dinner tonight and a couple of brand-new, in-the-box Wet Sounds speakers were sitting by my door. Wet Sounds stands behind their products and their customer service is second to none.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:51 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Inlet Beach, FL
Posts: 1,409
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
Default

That's pretty impressive. Thanks for mentioning it. I could never get that lucky
Old 02-21-2015, 08:02 PM
  #3  
Closed Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,771
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Impressive to say the least!
Old 02-22-2015, 04:18 PM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Falmouth, MA
Posts: 6,192
Received 693 Likes on 430 Posts
Default

Sounds more like you got lucky the owner lives in your neighborhood!

If he weren't your neighbor you'd still have defective speakers by the sound of it.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:24 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
Marine Advertiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,910
Likes: 0
Received 1,696 Likes on 929 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wading Mark View Post
I want to give a big shout out to Wet Sounds for an instance of their customer service that happened to me recently.

A couple of weeks ago, the owner of Wet Sounds (who happens to live in my neighborhood in Galveston, TX) was driving by my house and stopped to look at the Wet Sounds system on my boat in the driveway.

I had no idea this was the case until he told me but a number of my speakers came from a defective series from 3-4 years ago. Without a word on my part, he offered to replace my 3 year old speakers with brand-new ones at no charge.

I came back from dinner tonight and a couple of brand-new, in-the-box Wet Sounds speakers were sitting by my door. Wet Sounds stands behind their products and their customer service is second to none.


Would you mind if I parked my boat in your driveway?
Old 02-23-2015, 10:43 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Newport Beach, CA. USA
Posts: 1,798
Received 407 Likes on 243 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chainsaw42 View Post
Sounds more like you got lucky the owner lives in your neighborhood!

If he weren't your neighbor you'd still have defective speakers by the sound of it.
Yup.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:24 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: BOEmarine.com
Posts: 17,611
Likes: 0
Received 203 Likes on 136 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chainsaw42 View Post
Sounds more like you got lucky the owner lives in your neighborhood!

If he weren't your neighbor you'd still have defective speakers by the sound of it.
Sounds to me like even a defective set of Wet Sounds speakers last at least 3-4 years! Nice to know they will pro-actively swap something like that out.

Last edited by yachtjim; 02-23-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:47 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location:
Posts: 409
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by yachtjim View Post
Sounds to me like even a defective set of Wet Sounds speakers last at least 3-4 years! Nice to now they will pro-actively swap something like that out.
I had never met him before and he had no obligation to stop and talk to me but he took that moment to introduce himself and support his products.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:06 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Falmouth, MA
Posts: 6,192
Received 693 Likes on 430 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by yachtjim View Post
Sounds to me like even a defective set of Wet Sounds speakers last at least 3-4 years! Nice to know they will pro-actively swap something like that out if you're the owner's neighbor.

Agreed! Great info for the others in his neighborhood!
Old 02-23-2015, 05:26 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location:
Posts: 409
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chainsaw42 View Post
Agreed! Great info for the others in his neighborhood!
Ok, I get it. I'm just lucky that I happen to live where Wet Sounds was started. I'm sorry that was trying to point how that the owner of the company personally took time to talk to a complete stranger and stand behind his products.

Hopefully, the snow melts for you soon and you can actually get out on the water.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.