Notices
Marine Electronics Forum

Raymarine E125 thoughts???

Old 08-22-2014, 12:01 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 428
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Raymarine E125 thoughts???

Not the most knowledges on the multifunction displays on the market. I have played around on most of the new ones at west marine and my reasoning for liking this one was the use of both touch screen and buttons. I have a fountain center console and feel touch screen only may be hard to use at high speeds.

What experiences have people had with the raymarine systems and or what would everyone recommend. The boat is primarily used for coastal cruising and some fishing.

Any input on this system or recommendations of others is appreciated.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:01 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
NTGator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 245
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Here are a few links to some e125 posts that i have been discussing....


http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-e...sion-pics.html


http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-e...witch-etc.html

http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-e...rp-wiring.html



Originally Posted by jwmd2010 View Post
Not the most knowledges on the multifunction displays on the market. I have played around on most of the new ones at west marine and my reasoning for liking this one was the use of both touch screen and buttons. I have a fountain center console and feel touch screen only may be hard to use at high speeds.

What experiences have people had with the raymarine systems and or what would everyone recommend. The boat is primarily used for coastal cruising and some fishing.

Any input on this system or recommendations of others is appreciated.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:11 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southport, NC & Manahawkin, NJ
Posts: 89
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have the e127 and really like the hybrid features - both touch screen and buttons/rotary knob in one unit. Each have their own specific value and you develop a feel for when to use each. For example, when changing scale, I always use the rotary bc it is easier. When getting into a menu, it is easier to use touch. Can't imagine having to go back to just one method of controlling a unit, especially at higher speeds,or choppy conditions.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:48 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: RI
Posts: 7,081
Received 1,139 Likes on 646 Posts
Default

I love mine. Had a recurring issue the past year but traced it back to a bad sd card I was using.

At speed the touch can be tough in a cc. Having the knobs helps. The HD radar works very well and the optional chirp unit is a bit smaller than the simrad influencing by purchase decision.

Some interface everything with their mfd's and may have other input on that. As long as the radar, sounder and charting works I'm happy.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:44 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,216
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by BACKTOTHESEA View Post
At speed the touch can be tough in a cc. Having the knobs helps. The HD radar works very well and the optional chirp unit is a bit smaller than the simrad influencing by purchase decision.
The current line of Simrad units do not need a CHIRP module, it is built into the display.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:24 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
NTGator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 245
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Some model of Raymarine also have it build in, but I prefer it to me separate Modules... Easier to upgrade if need be...

Originally Posted by stiletto View Post
The current line of Simrad units do not need a CHIRP module, it is built into the display.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:54 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 314
Received 169 Likes on 63 Posts
Default

I have the e127 and e125 with HD radar, autopilot, AIS and sat weather. Very happy with them. Use both the touch screen and joystick. Took me a while to get used to it after having Garmin units, but now I don't want to go back.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.