Marine Electronics Forum

what Extras do I need.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:24 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 80
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what Extras do I need.

I've been asking what Electronics package to buy and reading your posts I have decided on Garmin 720 w/ radar. What other componets do I need to add ? I want a thru hull transducer. If I fish in 60 -140 feet what degree will work best ?
Old 07-26-2013, 12:56 AM
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
Marine Advertiser
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,911
Likes: 0
Received 1,696 Likes on 929 Posts

For depths of 60-140' a single element 600 watt B60 will be adequate.
The tilt..or degree.. of the transducer is determined by the deadrise of your hull.
If your hull is from 8 to 15 degrees deadrsie the you will use a 12 degree tilt.
From 16 to 24 degree will use a 20 degree tilt.

If you get a Garmin radar such as the GMR18HD it will be plug and play with the 720.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.