Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Marine Electronics Forum
Reload this Page >

Garmin gsd 22 power cable compatible to gsd 24?

Notices
Marine Electronics Forum

Garmin gsd 22 power cable compatible to gsd 24?

Old 11-28-2019, 08:37 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garmin gsd 22 power cable compatible to gsd 24?

Just like the title says. Looking to upgrade to the gsd 24. Looks like a very easy switch if the same cable types are used. Network and transducer will be a direct fit but was curious about the power cable. The gsd 22 has a 7 pin power cable while the gsd 24 has a 2 pin. Wasn't sure if the gsd 22 cable will power the gsd 24. Any knowledge in this area would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 11-28-2019, 10:08 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
Marine Advertiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,716
Likes: 0
Received 1,502 Likes on 764 Posts
Default

The GSD 22 power cable 010-10781-00 will not work.
Use the one supplied with the GSD -24 ....(010-11425-01) an easy install.
Also, the GSD 22 uses a 6 pin transducer, the GSD-24 uses a 8 pin .
The GSD -24 system includes a 8 pin wire block adapter.

The GSD 24 is a very good sonar.

Last edited by semperfifishing; 11-28-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:18 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

thanks for the reply! My transducer has been updated to an 8 pin. I have an 8 pin to 6 pin adapter already in place to the gsd 22. So the gsd 24 should accept the the current 8 pin transducer I have.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:21 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by semperfifishing View Post
The GSD 22 power cable 010-10781-00 will not work.
Use the one supplied with the GSD -24 ....(010-11425-01) an easy install.
Also, the GSD 22 uses a 6 pin transducer, the GSD-24 uses a 8 pin .
The GSD -24 system includes a 8 pin wire block adapter.

The GSD 24 is a very good sonar.
Actually one quick question. The gsd 24 power cord only has 2 wires, looks like power and ground while the gsd 22 has several. Would the gsd 22 power cable have every wire in use on my 4210 or would my gsd 22 just be wired with power and ground (red and black)? I haven't taken a look yet, sorry.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:45 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,104
Received 431 Likes on 238 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bentz626 View Post
Actually one quick question. The gsd 24 power cord only has 2 wires, looks like power and ground while the gsd 22 has several. Would the gsd 22 power cable have every wire in use on my 4210 or would my gsd 22 just be wired with power and ground (red and black)? I haven't taken a look yet, sorry.
Just power and ground, the other wires are not used on 99.9 percent of applications
Old 12-03-2019, 01:52 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mstyle8517 View Post
Just power and ground, the other wires are not used on 99.9 percent of applications
So the gsd 22 cable, although has a bunch of wires coming from it, the power and ground will most likely be the only ones used. Therefore I should be able to trace that power and ground wires from that harness and utilize the same connections for the new gsd 24 cabe, correct? Thanks for your help! sounds self explanatory but just wanna make sure
Old 12-03-2019, 04:23 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,104
Received 431 Likes on 238 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bentz626 View Post
So the gsd 22 cable, although has a bunch of wires coming from it, the power and ground will most likely be the only ones used. Therefore I should be able to trace that power and ground wires from that harness and utilize the same connections for the new gsd 24 cabe, correct? Thanks for your help! sounds self explanatory but just wanna make sure
Correct

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.