Notices
Like Tree4Likes

CMOR October Press Release

Reply

Old 12-03-2018, 10:58 AM
  #21  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 714
Default

Originally Posted by tommy099431 View Post
Agreed. The charts are 800$ for an area thatís not even fully complete. Itís stupid. I would never buy this project unless it was for a COMPLETE region and was like 650$ less. Honestly if you need this to fish then you shouldnít be fishing. This might be illegal because itís commercial use of the maps and they are making a profit. Will have to look into it
Please let us know what you do for a living so we can make sure your not ripping anyone off. I hope you do not have a MFD on your boat because you should be fishing if you need to use one.
bushd827 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:22 PM
  #22  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 55
Default

Originally Posted by bushd827 View Post
Please let us know what you do for a living so we can make sure your not ripping anyone off. I hope you do not have a MFD on your boat because you should be fishing if you need to use one.

Agreed, compass, watch and sun only.

Man O Man, that guy would shit if he would see my electric reels I use for deep dropping along with my CMor Maps
Redbeans is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:02 PM
  #23  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 77
Default

Letís stay civilized.
it will take quite a bit of money and lots of hours to convert this data into a useable format. A whole lot more than what they charge for it.

I would buy it if it was available for my area and suitable for Garmin.

But if you donít like this, just donít buy it and move on.
Mbakx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:52 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 774
Default

Are you going to be doing any maps for the west coast of Florida...Tampa Bay to Sarasota area?
dorado42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:03 AM
  #25  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Stamford, CT
Posts: 2,323
Default

any update on when the entire Long Island Sound (CT/NY) will be available?
UNCFISH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:44 AM
  #26  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Whiteville NC / Little River SC
Posts: 4,226
Default

Originally Posted by Mbakx View Post
Letís stay civilized.
it will take quite a bit of money and lots of hours to convert this data into a useable format. A whole lot more than what they charge for it.

I would buy it if it was available for my area and suitable for Garmin.

But if you donít like this, just donít buy it and move on.
And Garmin just announced they are releasing this same type of coverage..
lumberman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:05 PM
  #27  
Formeryly known as EHA Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 1,533
Default

Originally Posted by lumberman View Post
And Garmin just announced they are releasing this same type of coverage..
Actually Garmin is releasing standard mapping high resolution satellite imagery maps that additionally have low resolution shaded relief in deep water that is comparable to simrads insight base map.
CMORmapping is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:50 PM
  #28  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ocala
Posts: 2,296
Default


Originally Posted by CMORmapping View Post
Actually Garmin is releasing standard mapping high resolution satellite imagery maps that additionally have low resolution shaded relief in deep water that is comparable to simrads insight base map.
While the Garmin samples may not rival the CMOR image resolution, to me they look much better than the Insight maps.... Time will tell.




lumberman likes this.
kmoose is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread