Notices
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By kyle_howie
  • 1 Post By rybovich18
  • 3 Post By LATROUT
  • 1 Post By rybovich18

Orange Beach to Sandestin

Reply

Old 09-12-2018, 07:00 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
Default Orange Beach to Sandestin

I am wanting to run from Orange Beach to Sandestin. Does anyone know how long it takes to make the run. I am guessing about 2.5-3 hrs.
Gulf Coast Grady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:18 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Metairie
Posts: 932
Default

Straight shot is about 75 miles down the beach, so depending on your speed.. math!
mdees88 likes this.
kyle_howie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:37 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Gulf Breeze, Florida
Posts: 3,510
Default

It takes me about an hour from Pensacola Bay to Orange Beach Marina and I think about an hour 50 minutes from Pensacola Bay to SanDestin (the marina at Baytowne). I would allow for 3 hours total at 25 knots, assuming Intracoastal.

BTW, We are so lucky up here in regards to no wake zones. The same 75 miles through the Intracoastal around Palm Beach or Lauderdale would take forever.
trejsic.mejsic likes this.
rybovich18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:22 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,354
Default

Originally Posted by rybovich18 View Post
It takes me about an hour from Pensacola Bay to Orange Beach Marina and I think about an hour 50 minutes from Pensacola Bay to SanDestin (the marina at Baytowne). I would allow for 3 hours total at 25 knots, assuming Intracoastal.

BTW, We are so lucky up here in regards to no wake zones. The same 75 miles through the Intracoastal around Palm Beach or Lauderdale would take forever.
Not to hijack this thread but would you recommend the trip over from OBA for a get away weekend this fall? We have a condo in OBA but would like to try something like that. CC so a room would be needed with a dock. I have not been to Destin in 25 years.
Gary999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:55 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
gapier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Slidell, LA
Posts: 167
Default

I made the run a month ago, took the gulf east and the ICW heading back west. Fun trip. Ran about 50mph on the way back due to a storm chasing me. Would def make the trip again, very fun.
gapier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:08 PM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 2,078
Default

Originally Posted by Gary999 View Post
Not to hijack this thread but would you recommend the trip over from OBA for a get away weekend this fall? We have a condo in OBA but would like to try something like that. CC so a room would be needed with a dock. I have not been to Destin in 25 years.
Go to Apalachicola. Cool town for a weekend trip from OB.
LATROUT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:50 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dauphin Island,Al.
Posts: 1,564
Default

Originally Posted by rybovich18 View Post
It takes me about an hour from Pensacola Bay to Orange Beach Marina and I think about an hour 50 minutes from Pensacola Bay to SanDestin (the marina at Baytowne). I would allow for 3 hours total at 25 knots, assuming Intracoastal.

BTW, We are so lucky up here in regards to no wake zones. The same 75 miles through the Intracoastal around Palm Beach or Lauderdale would take forever.
Yep on south fl.

Save the Manatees... The leftovers are wonderful!!!
dryhydro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:13 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Orange Beach and Jaqcksonville AL
Posts: 244
Default

Originally Posted by LATROUT View Post


Go to Apalachicola. Cool town for a weekend trip from OB.
Where do you stay in Apalachicola?
B_Cox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:39 AM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 210
Default

Originally Posted by B_Cox View Post
Where do you stay in Apalachicola?
We have stayed at the Apalachicola River Inn. It has a marina next door ( I think is Miller Marine).

Also, a nicer hotel is the Water Street Hotel and Marina.

Both are walking distance to all of downtown.
SteveH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:23 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Gulf Breeze, Florida
Posts: 3,510
Default

Originally Posted by Gary999 View Post
Not to hijack this thread but would you recommend the trip over from OBA for a get away weekend this fall? We have a condo in OBA but would like to try something like that. CC so a room would be needed with a dock. I have not been to Destin in 25 years.

Check Waterview Towers in Destin. On the point overlooking the pass with their dock in the harbor. Most units have slips, some have lifts. I try to get a unit overlooking pass for the view.
fishinonthebrain likes this.
rybovich18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:44 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 2,078
Default

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
We have stayed at the Apalachicola River Inn. It has a marina next door ( I think is Miller Marine).

Also, a nicer hotel is the Water Street Hotel and Marina.

Both are walking distance to all of downtown.
Iíve stayed at both of those. Both are pretty easy and you can walk to anything in Apalachicola. Iím not sure if itís still open but the Sportsmanís Lodge on East Bay is also really easy in a boat.
LATROUT is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: