Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > REGIONAL BOATING & FISHING GROUPS > Gulf Coast
Reload this Page >

Corona virus not the thread you are thinking

Notices

Corona virus not the thread you are thinking

Old 03-24-2020, 07:13 AM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 783
Received 174 Likes on 132 Posts
Default

Invest in Any Company with Storage Options for Toilet Paper. Maybe Designer, maybe Climate Controlled.

Dump All Tissue Paper Companies.

Really the Opt's is Cruise Lines? Maybe those who offer Day Cruises with Extended Rations. Play the chances of Extended Quarantines
Old 03-24-2020, 08:19 AM
  #22  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 24
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jeepman View Post
Ok, so you are an idiot, never once said what was in the vaccine only that it was readily available and this is very much true.
Man, you are reading or hearing about two things and getting them all smashed together.

Vaccine trials are underway right now, but not because we know whats in them. Its because we are cutting every shred of red tape and regular testing protocols. Yes it will still take a year or so to be sure the vaccine actually works.

Trials are also underway right now for treatments to improve the recovery rate of people already infected with covid19. These involve old well know anti-malaria drugs and antibiotic drugs. We can move forward with these because we do know these drugs very well. They have to study the cost/benefit of using these for this application before they can move to wide spread use but we should know in a matter of weeks either way.

The important point is that a vaccine is used to stop people from getting infected in the first place, while the anti-malaria drugs are used to treat people already infected. Vaccines generally are not a drug or described as drugs. Thats where the confusion is coming in.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:35 AM
  #23  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,160
Received 880 Likes on 497 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by baja_01 View Post

Vaccine trials are underway right now, but not because we know whats in them. Its because we are cutting every shred of red tape and regular testing protocols. Yes it will still take a year or so to be sure the vaccine actually works.

.

Well, you are wrong but do not think you will understand it.

Originally Posted by baja_01 View Post
. Vaccines generally are not a drug or described as drugs. Thats where the confusion is coming in.
You do realize that antibiotics are in vaccines?

Do not know much about the one in the link below, but for investors if you do your due diligence there are very detailed list of who are working on vaccines along lots of other info. Vaccines did not get to human trails this fast because they are guessing, the are using onhand supplies and modifying. Some of them are showing very positive results, hopefully the one in the link below works as it could be one of the faster ones to market.

https://bgr.com/2020/03/23/coronavir...s-drug-update/
Scientists from the University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Vaccine Research are testing out an experimental new vaccine developed using an existing measles vaccine

At least 20 coronavirus vaccines are already in development, WHO says


https://bgr.com/2020/03/22/coronavir...ive-in-the-us/
The acceleration of this process is really truly dramatic in terms of what we’re able to do, building on work that started with SARS, that started with MERS and now is being used for COVID-19,” WHO’s technical lead for the emergencies program said during a press conference on Friday, via CNBC.

Last edited by Jeepman; 03-24-2020 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:07 AM
  #24  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 9,108
Received 1,155 Likes on 412 Posts
Default

Would've been a great day to own RCL stock!! up 40% today.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:43 PM
  #25  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 986
Received 162 Likes on 78 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MakoMyDay View Post
Would've been a great day to own RCL stock!! up 40% today.

I wonder made that happen? I know from working for them for a while they and CCL are both cash heavy.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:55 PM
  #26  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,160
Received 880 Likes on 497 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ashcreek View Post
I wonder made that happen? I know from working for them for a while they and CCL are both cash heavy.
They were approved for a credit line that gives them working capital for about a year. Would expect to see a bump up also if they get any government bailout money.
Likes:
Old 03-24-2020, 06:47 PM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Baton Rouge Area
Posts: 183
Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Default

Interestingly enough, my so-called advisor just sold CCL from my portfolio.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.