Notices

Port Eads???

Old 12-01-2019, 07:50 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dauphin Island,Al.
Posts: 2,609
Received 476 Likes on 282 Posts
Default Port Eads???

Any news lately???
Old 12-01-2019, 08:00 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,944
Received 1,259 Likes on 617 Posts
Default

I’m waiting for some rich cat to scoop up a lease from the state and build a hotel resort down there complete with a roller coaster ride through the canes and bumper boats in east bay.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:18 AM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Biloxi, Mississippi
Posts: 812
Received 189 Likes on 111 Posts
Default

SP still sucks so far as I know. I have a buddy with a barge in the marina that’s pretty much a duck hunting barge now. He’s not a fan of running it in his bigger boat (35st), and doesn’t know what his future is there. Strongly considering moving it back to Venice marina, but the long way is, well, long.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:29 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dauphin Island,Al.
Posts: 2,609
Received 476 Likes on 282 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JohnM37 View Post
SP still sucks so far as I know. I have a buddy with a barge in the marina thatís pretty much a duck hunting barge now. Heís not a fan of running it in his bigger boat (35st), and doesnít know what his future is there. Strongly considering moving it back to Venice marina, but the long way is, well, long.
thanks. Itís such dam shame!!!
Old 12-02-2019, 08:53 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 169
Received 139 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

I am aware of two separate offers to purchase the state property but none were accepted or even countered.
Likes:
Old 12-02-2019, 04:49 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,944
Received 1,259 Likes on 617 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by redadele View Post
I am aware of two separate offers to purchase the state property but none were accepted or even countered.

what’s holding that up? Mineral rights?

nice way of saying oil companies looking to purchase and beautify the area with leaky oil drums.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:19 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,473
Received 1,078 Likes on 602 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by alligatorgar View Post
whatís holding that up? Mineral rights?

nice way of saying oil companies looking to purchase and beautify the area with leaky oil drums.
Haha, no dog in this fight but that is some funny shit thinking oil companies actuaully put oil in drums in this day and age.
Likes:
Old 12-02-2019, 05:35 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,944
Received 1,259 Likes on 617 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jeepman View Post
Haha, no dog in this fight but that is some funny shit thinking oil companies actuaully put oil in drums in this day and age.
metaphor...

but Iím glad I can still entertain......
Old 12-02-2019, 07:35 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 169
Received 139 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by alligatorgar View Post
whatís holding that up? Mineral rights?

nice way of saying oil companies looking to purchase and beautify the area with leaky oil drums.
Both projects I know of were related to investors wanted to do something with the recreational fisherman in mind. One was a similar package to the Hurricane Hole in G.I. As to what is holding it up, remember it is the State of Louisiana. As to the issue with the Port, my understanding is that getting a finite appraisal seems to be a problem. Then when one such is obtained, the "goal posts" keep getting moved. The decision makers would rather remain a landlord than a former landowner. I absolutely believe no government entity should be in the rental business. A perfect example of why I feel this way is the old Charity building in New Orleans and the former parcel which made up JazzLand.

Old 12-03-2019, 04:10 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: 70605
Posts: 2,460
Received 900 Likes on 526 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by redadele View Post
Both projects I know of were related to investors wanted to do something with the recreational fisherman in mind. One was a similar package to the Hurricane Hole in G.I. As to what is holding it up, remember it is the State of Louisiana. As to the issue with the Port, my understanding is that getting a finite appraisal seems to be a problem. Then when one such is obtained, the "goal posts" keep getting moved. The decision makers would rather remain a landlord than a former landowner. I absolutely believe no government entity should be in the rental business. A perfect example of why I feel this way is the old Charity building in New Orleans and the former parcel which made up JazzLand.
So the powers that be will let it fall down from disrepair and ask for tax $$ to fix at that time so it can be sold at a huge loss to a brother in-law?
Old 12-03-2019, 05:28 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 114
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

YES , Keep in mind the old saying "Louisiana has the best politicians money can buy"
Old 12-03-2019, 06:34 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 169
Received 139 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kenner 23 View Post
So the powers that be will let it fall down from disrepair and ask for tax $$ to fix at that time so it can be sold at a huge loss to a brother in-law?
Sorry to say but you are 100% correct. Your assumption is exactly what is happening with Charity Hospital and Jazzland. There have been many quality offers on both properties and both still sit untouched, deteriorating daily and losing value at an alarming rate. Not only is the state abandoning a large sum of money for the purchase of these properties, but it is also losing the value these tracts would have when put back into commerce. But hell, when did common sense mean anything in Louisiana/New Orleans politics.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:36 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Destin
Posts: 1,294
Received 344 Likes on 199 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Kenner 23 View Post
So the powers that be will let it fall down from disrepair and ask for tax $$ to fix at that time so it can be sold at a huge loss to a brother in-law?
this is how the great state of Louisiana functions
Old 03-05-2020, 07:21 AM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dauphin Island,Al.
Posts: 2,609
Received 476 Likes on 282 Posts
Default

Just checking???
Old 05-11-2020, 10:39 AM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 27
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dryhydro View Post
Just checking???
Interested also...

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.