Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > REGIONAL BOATING & FISHING GROUPS > Gulf Coast
Reload this Page >

Anyone near Pascagoula, MS want to sea trial a boat for me?

Notices
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kyle_howie
  • 1 Post By bluffman2

Anyone near Pascagoula, MS want to sea trial a boat for me?

Old 10-31-2019, 05:54 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
Posts: 572
Default Anyone near Pascagoula, MS want to sea trial a boat for me?

I am no longer in need of someone.

Thanks to everyone who offered to help me out.

A couple of THT guys took care of me.

Everything is good and we made a deal!! I'm picking the boat up next Friday the 14th..



I'm located in St Petersburg FL and

Im interested in a boat located in Pascagoula, MS.

I have a deal contingent upon a sea trial.

The broker has sent me videos and a lot of pictures but I really need someone to put eyes on it.

Anyone in that area have a few extra hours early next week that would be willing to take the boat for a quick spin.



I'd be happy to pay for your time..

The boat is a 28ft Center console

Thanks

Last edited by Edselectric1; 11-08-2019 at 11:39 AM. Reason: I bought the boat!
Edselectric1 is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 07:16 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Destin
Posts: 1,101
Default

Hire a marine surveyor or fly in and see it. I wouldn’t trust just anybody to tell me i should drop $50k plus. It’s worth your time to drive or fly up
Rwd214 likes this.
kyle_howie is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 07:21 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
Posts: 572
Default

Originally Posted by kyle_howie View Post
Hire a marine surveyor or fly in and see it. I wouldn’t trust just anybody to tell me i should drop $50k plus. It’s worth your time to drive or fly up
Do you know of a surveyor that you can reccomend?
Edselectric1 is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 08:18 PM
  #4  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 70
Default

I’d be more then happy to take up this request. PM me
CoolerFull is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 08:23 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
Posts: 572
Default

Originally Posted by CoolerFull View Post
I’d be more then happy to take up this request. PM me
pm sent.
thanks
Edselectric1 is offline  
Old 11-01-2019, 07:07 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Destin
Posts: 1,101
Default

https://www.marinesurvey.org/?geodir...74939979999999


From other folks that have had surveyors in the area-

Capt.Jim M. Twiggs AMS
Accurate Marine Surveyors
Biloxi Mississippi 39532
228 617 7335
Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors
__________________________________________________ ___________________
Guy Plaisance is an AMS accredited surveryor located a little further away in D'Iberville, MS. I cannot recommend him highly enough, very prompt, professional and incredibly thorough. He's with Atlantic, Gulf & Pacific Marine Surveyors & Consultants. 228-222-1275 -Cell or captguy@cableone.net his e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
kyle_howie is offline  
Old 11-01-2019, 10:46 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mobile
Posts: 1,789
Default

You should set up for next weekend, fly Tampa to Pensacola on Delta at 6 AM - 8:27 AM, drive to Pascagoula (1.5 hours), fly back same day Delta at 5:54 PM -11:59 PM. Ticket is $336
Slamdancer is offline  
Old 11-01-2019, 10:56 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
Posts: 572
Default

Originally Posted by Slamdancer View Post
You should set up for next weekend, fly Tampa to Pensacola on Delta at 6 AM - 8:27 AM, drive to Pascagoula (1.5 hours), fly back same day Delta at 5:54 PM -11:59 PM. Ticket is $336
^^^^^This would be plan B^^^^^

I have already had a survey done but due to the weather a sea trial was not possible. Surveyor is too busy to schedule to come back anytime soon.

I am currently waiting for a call from Coolerfull to set up taking it out for a spin.
Edselectric1 is offline  
Old 11-01-2019, 11:16 AM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MS Gulf Coast
Posts: 231
Default

I'm in Goula but I'm headed out of town tomorrow morning.... happy to help any way I can. I don't recognize the boat or where that pic is but if you PM me some details I can probably tell you a little about it. Lived here all my life so I know most every body.
Conundrum is offline  
Old 11-01-2019, 11:54 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
Posts: 572
Default

Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
I'm in Goula but I'm headed out of town tomorrow morning.... happy to help any way I can. I don't recognize the boat or where that pic is but if you PM me some details I can probably tell you a little about it. Lived here all my life so I know most every body.
Message sent
Edselectric1 is offline  
Old 11-01-2019, 12:24 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SE LA
Posts: 5,278
Default

Learn from my experience. Fly over and look at it in person. Pictures and conversations will never get you what you really want to know.
Gmack is offline  
Old 11-01-2019, 01:50 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dauphin Island,Al.
Posts: 2,177
Default

Originally Posted by Gmack View Post
Learn from my experience. Fly over and look at it in person. Pictures and conversations will never get you what you really want to know.
What he said^^^^^^^^^
dryhydro is offline  
Old 11-01-2019, 04:21 PM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sugar Land, TX & Orange Beach, AL
Posts: 548
Default

Originally Posted by kyle_howie View Post
https://www.marinesurvey.org/?geodir...74939979999999


From other folks that have had surveyors in the area-

Capt.Jim M. Twiggs AMS
Accurate Marine Surveyors
Biloxi Mississippi 39532
228 617 7335
Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors
__________________________________________________ ___________________
Guy Plaisance is an AMS accredited surveryor located a little further away in D'Iberville, MS. I cannot recommend him highly enough, very prompt, professional and incredibly thorough. He's with Atlantic, Gulf & Pacific Marine Surveyors & Consultants. 228-222-1275 -Cell or captguy@cableone.net his e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
I highly recommend Jim. He surveyed a boat for me and found a critical structural flaw that would have required a total rebuild. I contacted Guy as well (very courteous and professional) but Jim could perform the survey first.

The process I followed was to go see the boat I liked and if I still wanted it after my inspection, I hired a surveyor. Ended up buying a boat from Tampa and Noel Miley was my surveyor there.
CLVL is online now  
Old 11-02-2019, 01:24 AM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Biloxi,Ms
Posts: 395
Default

Shoot me a message if you’d like. I’m a full time guide and have some downtime. I do all my own maintenance and repairs so I realize stuff breaks all
the time lol. I’ve learned not to overlook the little stuff that adds up in the end. I have to fish a couple days next week but that is all.
LivetoFish is offline  
Old 11-02-2019, 05:25 AM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Louisissippi Coast
Posts: 12,531
Default

Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
I'm in Goula but I'm headed out of town tomorrow morning.... happy to help any way I can. I don't recognize the boat or where that pic is but if you PM me some details I can probably tell you a little about it. Lived here all my life so I know most every body.
I am guessing.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pa...!4d-88.5561272
Paul Barnard is online now  
Old 11-02-2019, 08:25 AM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: AL
Posts: 189
Default

Originally Posted by Paul Barnard View Post
+1. That appears to be Pavco industries in the background.
emaier is offline  
Old 11-02-2019, 10:23 AM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: pascagoula,ms
Posts: 9,215
Default

Originally Posted by Paul Barnard View Post

awesome gigging spots all along that area
Paul Barnard likes this.
bluffman2 is offline  
Old 11-08-2019, 07:41 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ocean Springs, ms
Posts: 282
Default

The mooring lines & electrical cord on port side to center console should tell you something!
Jehovah jirah is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread