Notices
Like Tree5Likes

Realistic 2400 Blazer Bay price

Old 07-11-2019, 04:44 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default Realistic 2400 Blazer Bay price

Iím kicking around the idea of selling my blazer and wanted to get some feedback from the board on a realistic asking price for my boat. Feel free to ask any further questions. The specs are as follows.
-2008 2400 Blazer Bay

-2008 300 Suzuki 300 four stroke(estimated 700 hours)

-2008 Starline double axle trailer

-onboard trolling motor charger

-(6) JL audio speakers, 400 watt 4 channel Rockford fosgate amp, fusion head unit

-Lenco electric trim tabs

-6Ē atlas jack plate

-custom swim ladder

-underwater lights

-Dry-Dek in bow hatches

-Bimini top










_TidewateR_ likes this.

Last edited by gewfish171; 07-14-2019 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Uploading pictures
gewfish171 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 04:45 PM
  #2  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by gewfish171 View Post
Iím kicking around the idea of selling my blazer and wanted to get some feedback from the board on a realistic asking price for my boat. Feel free to ask any further questions. The specs are as follows.
-2008 2400 Blazer Bay

-2008 300 Suzuki 300 four stroke(estimated 700 hours)

-2008 Starline double axle trailer

-onboard trolling motor charger

-(6) JL audio speakers, 400 watt 4 channel Rockford fosgate amp, fusion head unit

-Lenco electric trim tabs

-6Ē atlas jack plate

-custom swim ladder

-underwater lights

-Dry-Dek in bow hatched

-Bimini top

Once I get to my 10 post limit Iíll upload some pictures.
gewfish171 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:10 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Lafayette LA
Posts: 94
Default

Where are you located?
oscobia is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:26 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by oscobia View Post
Where are you located?
ocean springs, Iím guessing you are familiar with that area?
gewfish171 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:43 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Louisissippi
Posts: 132
Default

how old are the batteries?
what kind of Trolling motor and what size etc?
Are trailer components original?
miles on tires?
Orginal wiring?
when was the motor last serviced? receipts?
Anything that doesnít work on the boat? or is it turn key
Is the stereo original? If not, how old?

given the limited info you provided..I say 20-30k
_TidewateR_ is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 06:49 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by _TidewateR_ View Post
how old are the batteries?
what kind of Trolling motor and what size etc?
Are trailer components original?
miles on tires?
Orginal wiring?
when was the motor last serviced? receipts?
Anything that doesnít work on the boat? or is it turn key

given the limited info you provided..I say 20-30k
Batteries are 2016
No trolling motor
New axles, tires and winch on the trailer( less than 100 miles on tires)
Original writing with the exception of the nema system
The previous owner had it serviced, no receipts
Livewell does not work
gewfish171 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:40 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 197
Default

I’m guessing that rig was $35-40k brand new. So $20-30k is my guess for what you could get for it today. But it’s a total guess. Look for comps on boat trader.
potisnook is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 07:41 PM
  #8  
HTJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 9,744
Default

$700, I'll come get it this weekend

I dont know where you're at but in Houston that boat would fetch 24 - 28 if it showed well.

Is absolutely a sellers market but way too much junk out there that never saw a scrub brush or can of wax.

Edit: Just noticed you're in Ocean Springs...no idea of your local market
HTJ is online now  
Old 07-12-2019, 03:19 AM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by potisnook View Post
Iím guessing that rig was $35-40k brand new. So $20-30k is my guess for what you could get for it today. But itís a total guess. Look for comps on boat trader.
Originally Posted by HTJ View Post
$700, I'll come get it this weekend

I dont know where you're at but in Houston that boat would fetch 24 - 28 if it showed well.

Is absolutely a sellers market but way too much junk out there that never saw a scrub brush or can of wax.

Edit: Just noticed you're in Ocean Springs...no idea of your local market
Thanks snook. The latest comp I have heard of was a 2 year newer boat with a 250 yam for 25k. Needed new gauges from fading, but had a trolling motor yet needed new batteries for the TM. No audio either. A comp before that was asking 37k and was a 2012 but had 1200 hours on that yam. Had a ttop and TM.

I have been able to keep it undercover where I donít think it was before. So the elbow grease Iím putting into it actually seems to last longer.
gewfish171 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 04:04 AM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pelican State
Posts: 94
Default

Is it the rolled gunnel or does it have a cap on it? I know blazer bay sold boats both ways...the capped ones have a more finished look and I think cost a few more $$
CIVILized is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 07:45 AM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Lafayette LA
Posts: 94
Default

Originally Posted by gewfish171 View Post


ocean springs, Iím guessing you are familiar with that area?
Haha, yeah, thatís home. We live in Lafayette now but still have a place there. Actually, in OS now. I have a 22í BB and have been considering a 24í. PM me some pics of you decide to sell.
oscobia is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 08:31 AM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 812
Default

Friend of mine just priced out a blazer bay 2400. Granted it was loaded out 350 zuke, half tower, tm, underwater lights. Basically everything you can think of. $112k...... for a rolled gunnel boat with a sub-par finish. My jaw hit the floor, I couldn't believe it.

With out seeing pictures I'd say you could start at 35k and see if you get any bites.
joshd472 is online now  
Old 07-12-2019, 08:51 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Louisissippi
Posts: 132
Default

I think the rolled gunnel / splatter paint / rough hatches have a place in the boat market for sure. Many people in LA prefer the work boat type finish. But I agree that the price should reflect it. Blazer 2400 and Haynie look rough....but the price???
_TidewateR_ is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 09:03 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: 70605
Posts: 2,159
Default

Originally Posted by _TidewateR_ View Post
I think the rolled gunnel / splatter paint / rough hatches have a place in the boat market for sure. Many people in LA prefer the work boat type finish. But I agree that the price should reflect it. Blazer 2400 and Haynie look rough....but the price???
Pretty don't catch fish
SuperDave4x4 and _TidewateR_ like this.
Kenner 23 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 09:37 AM
  #15  
HTJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 9,744
Default

Originally Posted by Kenner 23 View Post
Pretty don't catch fish
I could do so much with that line but will refrain since your buddy got a new Freeman

HTJ is online now  
Old 07-12-2019, 08:31 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by CIVILized View Post
Is it the rolled gunnel or does it have a cap on it? I know blazer bay sold boats both ways...the capped ones have a more finished look and I think cost a few more $$
it is a rolled gunnel

Originally Posted by oscobia View Post


Haha, yeah, thatís home. We live in Lafayette now but still have a place there. Actually, in OS now. I have a 22í BB and have been considering a 24í. PM me some pics of you decide to sell.
I will shoot them your way and we can discuss.

Originally Posted by joshd472 View Post
Friend of mine just priced out a blazer bay 2400. Granted it was loaded out 350 zuke, half tower, tm, underwater lights. Basically everything you can think of. $112k...... for a rolled gunnel boat with a sub-par finish. My jaw hit the floor, I couldn't believe it.

Sounds like the 26 BB I want in the future ha ha.

With out seeing pictures I'd say you could start at 35k and see if you get any bites.
Hopefully I can attach some photos soon. Iíve got the 5 posts in 24 hours warning going on right now.
gewfish171 is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 07:53 AM
  #17  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Vancleave, Ms
Posts: 65
Default

As long as it looks decent and no major issues. You should have no problem getting 30-35k for it. A nice used 2400 is hard to come by and when one pops up for sale they dont last long. New and pretty bare bones they are going for 55-65k from what looking around i have been doing. In the next year or so ill be selling my 2170 and looking for a 2400
_TidewateR_ likes this.
Capt. Marcus is online now  
Old 07-13-2019, 07:13 PM
  #18  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 25
Default

IMO you people are on drugs....a 24í Blazer Bay 11 years old in Any condition wouldnít bring that kind of money. 😳
chasingtails is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 08:50 PM
  #19  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by chasingtails View Post
IMO you people are on drugs....a 24í Blazer Bay 11 years old in Any condition wouldnít bring that kind of money. 😳
This is why i ask.
gewfish171 is offline  
Old 07-14-2019, 05:38 AM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dauphin Island,Al.
Posts: 2,039
Default

Put it out there and watch...
I know what I'd take for mine...
Hard ta find!
dryhydro is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread