Notices
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By msalty1

Chandeleur Islands

Old 06-14-2019, 01:08 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 9
Default Chandeleur Islands

Will be heading out of Bay St. Louis tomorrow (6/15) at about mid day going to fish the afternoon at Chandy then sleeping out there to head offshore the following morning to go catch some snapper then maybe go find some grouper/tile fish if possible with the weather. If you are out by Chandy come say Hi and have a beer! Will be in a Boston Whaler Outrage.
msalty1 is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 01:13 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Saint Amant Louisiana
Posts: 3,006
Default

Originally Posted by msalty1 View Post
Will be heading out of Bay St. Louis tomorrow (6/15) at about mid day going to fish the afternoon at Chandy then sleeping out there to head offshore the following morning to go catch some snapper then maybe go find some grouper/tile fish if possible with the weather. If you are out by Chandy come say Hi and have a beer! Will be in a Boston Whaler Outrage.

Jeez............another humble brag..................LOL
Happy for you!
wdkerek is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 01:41 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,116
Default

Good luck. Friends went out yesterday and said look like chocolate milk everywhere
Bullboxer is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 03:30 PM
  #4  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 80
Default

I was planning on running out of hopedale Marina tomorrow for the same. Snappers still around the MP rigs?
Jeepno is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 04:03 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: metairie, louisiana
Posts: 249
Default



Hopefully the wind lays down a bit!
dave504 is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 05:04 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
Default

Originally Posted by msalty1 View Post
Will be heading out of Bay St. Louis tomorrow (6/15) at about mid day going to fish the afternoon at Chandy then sleeping out there to head offshore the following morning to go catch some snapper then maybe go find some grouper/tile fish if possible with the weather. If you are out by Chandy come say Hi and have a beer! Will be in a Boston Whaler Outrage.
Good luck - Looking forward to the fishing report on Sunday!
Malascsm is offline  
Old 06-14-2019, 05:39 PM
  #7  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by Jeepno View Post
I was planning on running out of hopedale Marina tomorrow for the same. Snappers still around the MP rigs?

they were here last weekend!
msalty1 is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 06:43 AM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans,LA
Posts: 14
Default

Originally Posted by msalty1 View Post
Will be heading out of Bay St. Louis tomorrow (6/15) at about mid day going to fish the afternoon at Chandy then sleeping out there to head offshore the following morning to go catch some snapper then maybe go find some grouper/tile fish if possible with the weather. If you are out by Chandy come say Hi and have a beer! Will be in a Boston Whaler Outrage.
How'd you do?
Trout?
Snapper?
Any Cobia?
OntheReg is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 11:10 AM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 9
Default

Caught plenty of really nice red snapper, couple small groupers and some jack crevalle. No Cobia though pretty disappointed we couldn't find any. The water was really dirty. But made the best out of it.
wdkerek likes this.
msalty1 is offline  
Old 06-18-2019, 11:31 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Saint Amant Louisiana
Posts: 3,006
Default

Originally Posted by msalty1 View Post
Caught plenty of really nice red snapper, couple small groupers and some jack crevalle. No Cobia though pretty disappointed we couldn't find any. The water was really dirty. But made the best out of it.
I am sure it was better than staying home and cutting your grass.
wdkerek is offline  
Old 06-18-2019, 12:14 PM
  #11  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by wdkerek View Post
I am sure it was better than staying home and cutting your grass.
it was! Had a hell of a time.

msalty1 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread