Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > REGIONAL BOATING & FISHING GROUPS > Great Lakes
Reload this Page >

You Great Lakes guys where do you dock your boat?

Notices

You Great Lakes guys where do you dock your boat?

Old 04-04-2018, 09:40 PM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,665
Received 1,777 Likes on 938 Posts
Default You Great Lakes guys where do you dock your boat?

Just curious where you all dock your boats. I have been known to drop in on people if I know their dock number. I also get people that drop in on me and it's always nice to meet new people. If you want to include your boat name please do.

Been at Bass Haven Marina- Marblehead, OH for 15 seasons. My dock is J33, boat name is HOOKED UP, feel free to stop by anytime. If I'm not on the boat you can leave me a note.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:15 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ohio (Lake Erie)
Posts: 2,634
Received 902 Likes on 516 Posts
Default

You know me Russ.

I'm at Bass Haven like Russ on East Harbor. Dock #B5. Boats name is "All Toon'd Up" (its a pontoon)
Old 04-05-2018, 03:18 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,665
Received 1,777 Likes on 938 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Walleye Guy View Post
You know me Russ.

I'm at Bass Haven like Russ on East Harbor. Dock #B5. Boats name is "All Toon'd Up" (its a pontoon)
Yes sir I do know you, you paid me a visit too so thanks for that. I have stopped over to your boat a couple of times but you weren't there so I will keep trying.

Are you staying at BH this season? Now that you have had some time to evaluate the marina is it everything I said it was?;?
Old 04-05-2018, 04:10 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ohio (Lake Erie)
Posts: 2,634
Received 902 Likes on 516 Posts
Default

Everything and more Russ. Best marina I've been around. Very accommodating last season to-where Debbie moved me up to B-5 from B-17 because of my wife's balance problem. Now were just a short walk to the boat. I can't say enough nice things about those folks.
Likes:
Old 04-05-2018, 01:33 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Gibraltar, MI
Posts: 133
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Behind my house on 2 boat lifts, 6 tenths of a mile up canal from the mouth of the Detroit River and Lake Erie. In a small town called Gibraltar, MI.
Likes:
Old 04-05-2018, 02:03 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Beavercreek ohio
Posts: 400
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

On West Harbor at Come Sail Away
Old 04-05-2018, 02:56 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Coast of America
Posts: 7,275
Received 202 Likes on 101 Posts
Default

At Romp's in Vermilion.
Likes:
Old 04-05-2018, 03:15 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Little Sturgeon, Green Bay Lake Michigan. Wavepointe Marina. B48. Yet to name boat, but mine is Tom.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:43 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,665
Received 1,777 Likes on 938 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Walleye Guy View Post
Everything and more Russ. Best marina I've been around. Very accommodating last season to-where Debbie moved me up to B-5 from B-17 because of my wife's balance problem. Now were just a short walk to the boat. I can't say enough nice things about those folks.
That is great to hear. You never know when you recommend something to someone whether or not they are going to like it. I have no plans to dock at any other marina.

When I found Bass Haven I was on a waiting list for 3 years before I could get a dock. The only dock that was available was B-dock where you are. Getting my 30'+ Scarab Sport in & out of the dock was not fun. Thankfully I had twins that made it easier to maneuver.

I have been meaning to tell you....when you came to my dock to meet me I may have seemed a little out of it. I had been up all night thanks to my insomnia problem. When I am going fishing the next day I often don't even try to go to sleep. I am also sorry that I didn't offer you a drink, I didn't have anything on the boat. I only bring a couple bottles of water since I almost never drink anymore. I will continue to try to see you at your dock. Sooner or later we will be at the marina at the same time!
Old 04-05-2018, 04:44 PM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,665
Received 1,777 Likes on 938 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Monkey Business2 View Post
Behind my house on 2 boat lifts, 6 tenths of a mile up canal from the mouth of the Detroit River and Lake Erie. In a small town called Gibraltar, MI.
Lucky guy that sounds awesome!!
Old 04-05-2018, 10:22 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ohio (Lake Erie)
Posts: 2,634
Received 902 Likes on 516 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RussH View Post
That is great to hear. You never know when you recommend something to someone whether or not they are going to like it. I have no plans to dock at any other marina.

When I found Bass Haven I was on a waiting list for 3 years before I could get a dock. The only dock that was available was B-dock where you are. Getting my 30'+ Scarab Sport in & out of the dock was not fun. Thankfully I had twins that made it easier to maneuver.

I have been meaning to tell you....when you came to my dock to meet me I may have seemed a little out of it. I had been up all night thanks to my insomnia problem. When I am going fishing the next day I often don't even try to go to sleep. I am also sorry that I didn't offer you a drink, I didn't have anything on the boat. I only bring a couple bottles of water since I almost never drink anymore. I will continue to try to see you at your dock. Sooner or later we will be at the marina at the same time!
Wow 30' in B dock....that was great maneuvering on your part.

Russ you have nothing to apologize about. A day out on the water shows on most of us. Heck I'm writing this at 1:20AM because I can't sleep and have a full day of work in front of me. I hope we do run into each other again and we will.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:23 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ohio (Lake Erie)
Posts: 2,634
Received 902 Likes on 516 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Monkey Business2 View Post
Behind my house on 2 boat lifts, 6 tenths of a mile up canal from the mouth of the Detroit River and Lake Erie. In a small town called Gibraltar, MI.
Wow that sounds like a great location
Old 04-06-2018, 08:28 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Medina/Catawba Is Ohio
Posts: 935
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default

Orchard Isle lot 105 dock B15 Nauti Cat 27' Baha Cruisers cat. I own my lot and dock I am next to Midway Marine
Walt
Old 04-07-2018, 01:23 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southgate, MI. 48195 USA
Posts: 4,348
Likes: 0
Received 1,076 Likes on 556 Posts
Default

After spending a season and a half at Trouts Yacht Basin in Bolles Harbor where I bought my boat I moved my boat north closer to my home. I am now in Gibraltar Boat Yard across the canal from Humbug Marina. Like Trouts GBY is a first class marina. Pretty much everything you need is right there. Canvas shop, fiberglass shop, marine store, mechanic, boat detailing and waxing. You really would not have to go anywhere for services. There is a good restaurant across the street from the marina within walking distance. I am in, I think slip 137 or thereabouts.

I am very happy at Gibraltar Boat Yard. Any other THT'ers there?
Old 04-09-2018, 06:53 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cedar Point, OH, Miami, FL
Posts: 1,013
Received 256 Likes on 184 Posts
Default

One guess.
Likes:
Old 04-09-2018, 12:54 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Last year we were in Lorain at Spitzer's Marina on Lake Erie. We moved a little west this year to Parson's on the Vermilion River. Not sure where we are at yet, docks not in the water. Vermilion lets us get a little closer to fishing spots out west and still be in striking range of the sandbar.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:59 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Catawba Island
Posts: 145
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Catawba Island. Midway Marina. Dock 511. Ready Oar Knot.

Went in on April 2nd. I live on the boat now, so I'm always around. Unless I'm at the store, one of the islands or just out for a cruise!
Old 04-09-2018, 02:01 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Gibraltar, MI
Posts: 133
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

We[QUOTE=RussH;11301937]Lucky guy that sounds awesome!![/QUOTE
We are very fortunate to have a house on the water, it was my wife's Great Grandmothers house. We were both raised here and will raise our kids here.
My wife took this shot relaxing after work.
Likes:
Old 04-09-2018, 02:02 PM
  #19  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 15,665
Received 1,777 Likes on 938 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Walleye Guy View Post
Wow 30' in B dock....that was great maneuvering on your part.

Russ you have nothing to apologize about. A day out on the water shows on most of us. Heck I'm writing this at 1:20AM because I can't sleep and have a full day of work in front of me. I hope we do run into each other again and we will.
Plus my engine bracket and outboards added another 4'+.....I couldn't wait to get to a different dock.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:55 PM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lake Erie
Posts: 333
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Default

BlackH2oDog is docked on Dock A at East Harbor State Park Marina.
Likes:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.