Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > REGIONAL BOATING & FISHING GROUPS > Great Lakes
Reload this Page > You Great Lakes guys where do you dock your boat?
Notices
Like Tree13Likes

You Great Lakes guys where do you dock your boat?

Reply

Old 04-10-2018, 04:41 PM
  #21  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Kelleys Island, Ohio
Posts: 4
Default

Portside Marina, Kelleys Island, Ohio
zellerj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:09 AM
  #22  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sandusky, OH
Posts: 494
Default

Venetian Marine
Sandusky, Ohio

and other boat in my backyard on mooring whips.
cobraowner is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:57 PM
  #23  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Steubenville, Ohio
Posts: 1,319
Default


Dock 94 Tibbels Marina East Harbor, Lake Erie
mkalink is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:08 AM
  #24  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 43
Default

Conneaut harbor
Taildancing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:51 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan-Ohio Line, Lake Erie
Posts: 732
Default

HISTORY AND QUESTION
I docked my 22' Sea Ray at Bi State Marina in the 80's just over the Mich-Ohio line and moved to Lost Peninsula Marina in early 90's. These are both in Maumee bay area and on the Ottawa River with the Maumee river only a couple miles away. In 1993 my back took over my life so was boatless (except for 14' Mirrocraft I customized) until last spring and bought Starcraft 186 Titan with the 150ho G2 Evinrude that I trailer now. With electric winch and Smooth Moves seats, I can fish again.
QUESTION: Spending a few days in late June at Lil Ted's Cabins in Marblehead to volunteer for the Walleyes For Wounded Heroes program and I do not know that end of the lake very well. I will have my boat there but being limited to my days I can take the lake,I am volunteering for anything a GRUNT can do. I doubt I will be a Captain to these Heroes but will pre fish if I have time. Please PM me any info on any good spots as I do not troll but want to get these guys fish as they all go home with Walleye.
I have always wanted to help our people that allow us to be free and I found this org. to be very organized .
Thanks for your help and donations for the Captains are gladly accepted through the organization.
jakeo62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:36 PM
  #26  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Steubenville, Ohio
Posts: 1,319
Default

Originally Posted by jakeo62 View Post
HISTORY AND QUESTION
I docked my 22' Sea Ray at Bi State Marina in the 80's just over the Mich-Ohio line and moved to Lost Peninsula Marina in early 90's. These are both in Maumee bay area and on the Ottawa River with the Maumee river only a couple miles away. In 1993 my back took over my life so was boatless (except for 14' Mirrocraft I customized) until last spring and bought Starcraft 186 Titan with the 150ho G2 Evinrude that I trailer now. With electric winch and Smooth Moves seats, I can fish again.
QUESTION: Spending a few days in late June at Lil Ted's Cabins in Marblehead to volunteer for the Walleyes For Wounded Heroes program and I do not know that end of the lake very well. I will have my boat there but being limited to my days I can take the lake,I am volunteering for anything a GRUNT can do. I doubt I will be a Captain to these Heroes but will pre fish if I have time. Please PM me any info on any good spots as I do not troll but want to get these guys fish as they all go home with Walleye.
I have always wanted to help our people that allow us to be free and I found this org. to be very organized .
Thanks for your help and donations for the Captains are gladly accepted through the organization.
Pm me a week or two before you head over to marblehead. I have a place in the area and Fish it pretty hard. I will give you my cell number and help put you on fish. Anything to help the heroes .

jakeo62 likes this.
mkalink is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:32 AM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan-Ohio Line, Lake Erie
Posts: 732
Default

Originally Posted by mkalink View Post

Pm me a week or two before you head over to marblehead. I have a place in the area and Fish it pretty hard. I will give you my cell number and help put you on fish. Anything to help the heroes .

I will do that and greatly appreciate that. I have been through 5 back surgeries and told myself that if I was ever able to get back out there I would try to help others and believe I will be. If I can be of any help in Michigan waters between Monroe and the Maumee river, Please feel free to contact me. I don't troll but drifting can be loads of fun for kids and gets a new fisherpeople interested in feeling the fish bite especially when worm harness time gets here..............if it do's this year.
mkalink likes this.
jakeo62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:04 AM
  #28  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 14,799
Default

Originally Posted by jakeo62 View Post
I will do that and greatly appreciate that. I have been through 5 back surgeries and told myself that if I was ever able to get back out there I would try to help others and believe I will be. If I can be of any help in Michigan waters between Monroe and the Maumee river, Please feel free to contact me. I don't troll but drifting can be loads of fun for kids and gets a new fisherpeople interested in feeling the fish bite especially when worm harness time gets here..............if it do's this year.
You do have to be more cautious down in the islands area for sure. You can't just run all over and assume you have enough water between the rocks and the bottom of your boat. Just for example, you can hit bottom on the shoals at Middle Harbor, Starve Island, South Bass, Gull Island, etc. so it's best to have a decent mapping GPS because the shallowest part of the reefs & shoals aren't marked.

Please feel free to contact me also as your event gets closer, I almost never troll. Since I don't troll I usually have a good idea where the best fishing may be. The drift & cast fishing in the islands area can be very different from the area you are familiar with. I regularly fish for walleye in shallow water where I can often see bottom. Something else I can offer is I make my own worm harnesses and I will be happy to donate some if the fisherman need them. I made over 150 harnesses last year and gave a bunch away and I am making more right now so if you need them don't be shy & just let me know.
RussH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
  #29  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 3
Default

I'm at Spitzer Marina in Lorain, Oh. Been there for the last few years, easy to get to Cleveland and the Islands.
LakeErieMaxum2017 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread