Notices
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By radioscott
  • 1 Post By rod-n-reel

Crawfish boil question

Old 04-26-2018, 11:14 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 512
Default Crawfish boil question

Who here uses the same water to boil back to back sacks of crawfish. The dads will be **** and span prior to cooking so dirty water shouldn't be much of a problem. I wonder how much additional seasoning would be added to 2nd batch. Thanks
VesselCalling is offline  
Old 04-26-2018, 01:02 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Saint Amant Louisiana
Posts: 3,023
Default

I do...............you can get away with adding just salt............but you always have those that want the to be scorching throat hot............( I hate them like that ) so I'll dump a handful of Cayenne to please the masses...........and I add lemon juice
wdkerek is offline  
Old 04-26-2018, 06:25 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 512
Default

Originally Posted by wdkerek View Post
I do...............you can get away with adding just salt............but you always have those that want the to be scorching throat hot............( I hate them like that ) so I'll dump a handful of Cayenne to please the masses...........and I add lemon juice
Cool. I'm also not crazy about having the hot shits the day after.

Ill give the hand me down water a try.

Thanks
VesselCalling is offline  
Old 04-26-2018, 06:51 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: South of New Orleans
Posts: 162
Default

I use a half a jug of whatever I was using - Al Scramuzza's or Zataran pro boil to the second batch. I don't use Cayenne pepper as it doesn't dissolve very well. That truly obscene heat comes from the Chinese pepper powder....

Last edited by Nolabama; 04-26-2018 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Wrong name
Nolabama is offline  
Old 04-27-2018, 06:06 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 3,638
Default

Originally Posted by VesselCalling View Post
Who here uses the same water to boil back to back sacks of crawfish. The dads will be **** and span prior to cooking so dirty water shouldn't be much of a problem. I wonder how much additional seasoning would be added to 2nd batch. Thanks
Seriously? The auto-correct/nanny program caused the **** to come up because of the word "s.p.i.c." ?
grey2112 is offline  
Old 04-27-2018, 06:40 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 512
Default

Originally Posted by grey2112 View Post
Seriously? The auto-correct/nanny program caused the **** to come up because of the word "s.p.i.c." ?
Lord I apologize to all those that I offended with my poor choice of cleaning product analogy. Wait, can I use the word "Lord"? Crap. I apologize to the PC crowd.
VesselCalling is offline  
Old 04-27-2018, 12:41 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 262
Default

True Cajun here...use the same water and keep adding seasoning every batch. Women, Children and the Not spicy people eat first. Real Coona$$e$ wait for the last batch!
Nolabama and savedbygrace6868 like this.
radioscott is offline  
Old 04-27-2018, 01:37 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: south Louisiana
Posts: 257
Default

I do it all the time. For the second sack I add 1/2 the seasoning I did for the first sack.
Nolabama likes this.
rod-n-reel is offline  
Old 04-27-2018, 05:03 PM
  #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 84
Default

Originally Posted by rod-n-reel View Post
I do it all the time. For the second sack I add 1/2 the seasoning I did for the first sack.

this!!!
Dpowe11 is offline  
Old 04-27-2018, 07:19 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Down the bayou, south Louisiana
Posts: 287
Default

We use the same water, no matter how much we boil. Just add extra salt and crab boil to the pot before each new batch.

savedbygrace6868 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread