Notices

The Official Bimini 2019 Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 02:01 PM
  #741  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,167
Received 227 Likes on 103 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by willyfastz View Post
Is the Sea Creast Hotel closed? Their web page is down and trip advisor says there's no booking options.
Seacrest and many other Bimini Hotels have never published their rates on TripAdvisor. Many Bimini reservations are still handled the old fashion way, call the hotel.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:51 PM
  #742  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: coral gables, florida
Posts: 5,358
Received 522 Likes on 292 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by joediaz View Post
Seacrest and many other Bimini Hotels have never published their rates on TripAdvisor. Many Bimini reservations are still handled the old fashion way, call the hotel.
these smaller mom and pop hotels operate this way, and they are the better for it.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:41 PM
  #743  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 108
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Heading over Friday morning if anyone else is.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:50 PM
  #744  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Scout8541 View Post
Im currently looking at going on one of the end of July, just waiting on my schedule to come out to see which one. If i cant make those dates i would certainly like to tag along with a few other boats going mid to end of july or early august as this will be our 1st time across.


I am getting the safety gear / electronics together but was wondering how essential it is to have a radar. We boat on the lake most of the time. We will be taking a Chaparral 257ssx.
are you still looking to cross during this time?
Old 06-30-2019, 07:24 PM
  #745  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Port Orange , FL
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

First trip is in the books! The weather was great and the seas were calm. Power was in and out but not at inconvenient times. All in all it was practically a perfect trip. Thanks to everyone here, I probably never would have made the run over without the information on this forum. Can't wait to go back.




Old 06-30-2019, 07:51 PM
  #746  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 337
Received 300 Likes on 128 Posts
Default

Just got back. Awesome trip, weather was kind of crappy for the past 3 days, today we went to honey moon harbour and on the return the weather was amazing. Bimini is still one of my favorite places regardless of all the drama that people love to blow out of proportion. Just go and enjoy the island and the people. Iíll be back again next month.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:07 PM
  #747  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,167
Received 227 Likes on 103 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cuhuba View Post
Just got back. Awesome trip, weather was kind of crappy for the past 3 days, today we went to honey moon harbour and on the return the weather was amazing. Bimini is still one of my favorite places regardless of all the drama that people love to blow out of proportion. Just go and enjoy the island and the people. Iíll be back again next month.
Glad you got to enjoy your trip despite the wet weather. How was the power situation over there? I'm heading over on Wednesday and would like an update.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:52 PM
  #748  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 337
Received 300 Likes on 128 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by joediaz View Post
Glad you got to enjoy your trip despite the wet weather. How was the power situation over there? I'm heading over on Wednesday and would like an update.
I just posted this on the power plant thread:

I was there Thursday 27 through today staying at a villa. We lost power everyday for an hour or two that I know of. The Hilton had power on always. The mega yacht marina lost power a lot so my shore power was constantly off.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:48 PM
  #749  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 1,313
Received 275 Likes on 163 Posts
Default

Anybody have a place available for 4th of July needs to have a dock for a 25ft boat.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:09 PM
  #750  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 34
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buddy boat july 7th 6:30 am

We'll be crossing this Sunday at the crack of dawn. Looking for a buddy boat if anyone else is leaving around that time. Really hoping there will be power on the island....
Old 07-01-2019, 07:09 PM
  #751  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Wonder if anyone here was at Harbour Towne tonight. I barely was able to find space.

For or some reason Iím both excited and nervous for tomorrow even though I have done all my preps and weather looks good. Wasnít expecting this.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:34 PM
  #752  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hinesville GA
Posts: 5,178
Received 880 Likes on 450 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TexasF18Fisher View Post
Wonder if anyone here was at Harbour Towne tonight. I barely was able to find space.

For or some reason Iím both excited and nervous for tomorrow even though I have done all my preps and weather looks good. Wasnít expecting this.
Don't worry about it mate, if you're anything like me something will go wrong, just relax and deal with it. Last time I missed a turn going to Harbour Towne and did a lap of the airport (towing the boat), then the heavens opened on the way up the ditch to the Hilton marina (soaked), next morning as we were prepping to cross I wiped the gps screen and it went blank so had to figure out how to do a factory reset. End of it all we had a great time.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:57 PM
  #753  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Gnrphil View Post
Don't worry about it mate, if you're anything like me something will go wrong, just relax and deal with it. Last time I missed a turn going to Harbour Towne and did a lap of the airport (towing the boat), then the heavens opened on the way up the ditch to the Hilton marina (soaked), next morning as we were prepping to cross I wiped the gps screen and it went blank so had to figure out how to do a factory reset. End of it all we had a great time.
Thanks for the encouragement. Iím ready to get this show on the road.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:08 PM
  #754  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hinesville GA
Posts: 5,178
Received 880 Likes on 450 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TexasF18Fisher View Post


Thanks for the encouragement. Iím ready to get this show on the road.
Have a blast mate and post some pics
Old 07-02-2019, 03:50 AM
  #755  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,878
Received 234 Likes on 134 Posts
Default

Nice pics Rocbottom, always love seeing that pretty water in the pics! We will be over on the 12th, 13th and 14th, anybody heading over then?
Likes:
Old 07-02-2019, 04:49 AM
  #756  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 1,272
Received 187 Likes on 126 Posts
Default

Roc bottom-- that's awesome to see and hear. That's why we're here!

Everyone heading over for the holiday-- have fun and be safe! And pray to the A/C gods because there's going to be a lot of strain on the power supply this weekend I'd imagine .

Not on topic but we're headed back to Abacos on the 10th and the initial Wx reports look ok. Very excited. Shoot me a PM if anyone is going to be over that way from the 10th to the 20th.

Jeff
Likes:
Old 07-02-2019, 05:33 AM
  #757  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 1,128
Received 106 Likes on 59 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Snookyj View Post
Nice pics Rocbottom, always love seeing that pretty water in the pics! We will be over on the 12th, 13th and 14th, anybody heading over then?
Heading to Bimini Bay on the 12th and leaving the next morning for Fresh Creek
Old 07-02-2019, 05:47 AM
  #758  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Port Orange , FL
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TexasF18Fisher View Post
Wonder if anyone here was at Harbour Towne tonight. I barely was able to find space.

For or some reason Iím both excited and nervous for tomorrow even though I have done all my preps and weather looks good. Wasnít expecting this.
When I got there last Sunday I seen a handful of empty spaces but when I told the guy I was parking for 3 days he said he didn't think he had room for me. Of course I immediately panicked. When I explained what I was doing he said ok you can have that spot, which was an empty spot right next to where we were standing. It was a little strange. And I had already made a couple wrongs turns that morning so I wasn't in the mood lol.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:26 AM
  #759  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 524
Received 140 Likes on 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TexasF18Fisher View Post
Wonder if anyone here was at Harbour Towne tonight. I barely was able to find space.

For or some reason Iím both excited and nervous for tomorrow even though I have done all my preps and weather looks good. Wasnít expecting this.
hope you made it ok. Flew in from the NE and stream looked pretty rough considering the forecast didnít call for it and we have an unseasonable NW wind this morning. Probably looked great coming out the inlet tell you hit about 12 miles out.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:56 AM
  #760  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Was easier than expected. The only part that was a little rough was about 13-30 miles. Took 3 hours but we were only averaging 20 mph. Saw Miami most of the way and there were quite a few boats around. Customs guys at RW were really friendly and got all the boaters processed pretty quick.




Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.